Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
160px-West_Bromwich_Albion.svg.png

Saturday, 1st April 2017
Premier League
Old Trafford
15:00 BST

Hard to tell what we'll see here obviously missing Herrera & Zlatan through suspension and we've now lost Smalling & Jones to injury on international duty so kind of need to hope that everyone else comes back unharmed there seems to be reports that Pogba has recovered from his hamstring injury so might be available.

WBA obviously had that big win before the break at home to Arsenal and they are very dangerous on set pieces so I would expect the likes of Carrick & Fellaini to start as Mourinho will need his big guys to deal with that issue. WBA are kind of coasting now after reaching 40 points it's what Pulis sides do but they often raise it for the big games so we need to be wary.

Can't afford any mistakes really in this run in especially at home when you look at the games we have to come and City/Arsenal play either other this weekend so it's vital we punish any dropped points.

Rooney fit to return? At least we should get the CB pairing you've been wanting for a while

Spanish Dave

Valencia Bailly Rojo Shaw

Carrick Pogba

Mata Mkhi Martial

Rashford

I assume Rooney is fit he was apparently fit for the game vs Boro just wasn't selected.

yeah I'd like to see him play Rojo & Bailly together but I doubt it'll be Shaw at LB it will probably be Blind Shaw's best chance of game time currently is the Europa League home games.

I doubt he'll start Mata I think it'll be a 3 man midfield with Fellaini then Mhiki Rashford Martial up top although I think it would be harsh to drop Lingard who was excellant in our last game at Boro

I think right now Bailly and Rojo is our best pairing so would be good to see them in tandem. Not sure about Pogba, hamstring injuries are funny ones and I suspect he may be on the bench. Could be another Carrick and Fellaini partnership and to be honest we should have enough to beat WBA fairly comfortably.

Fellaini is out with a broken toe. So we might see blind or tfm in midfield.

I will be in the minority but no Smalling is a blow. His form in 2017 has been better than Jones and Bailly's. Bailly's form has dropped off since the turn of the year. Smalling hasn't necessarily been bad this season, he just hasn't been as good as he was last season.

I'm in the Smalling is no loss camp.

He could even play Rooney in the middle, even though he said he never would. If Carrick is our fit midfielder then it's got to be Blind really. Could Lingard play there?

I agree Bailly has lost a bit of form not totally convinced he's fully fit he kind of rushed back from a knee injury and then went to ACoN and hasn't really looked the same since easy to forget he's only 22 so there will be ups and downs with him while he develops.

Midfield is a bit thread bare at the moment obviously Basti has moved on as did Schiederlin in Jan so suspension to Herrera and injury to Fellaini leaves us short on numbers as it seems obvious to me that he doesn't fancy Blind as a midfielder as he hasn't played a single minute there this season. It's going to be tough in there on Saturday Fletcher & Livermore have a good partnership going and they won't give anyone any rest in there.

Because of the injuries it probably means he can't play a 3 so it will probably be the 3 M's (Mhiki, Mata, Martial) behind Rashford or Rooney up front

DDG

Valencia Bailly Rojo Darmian

Carrick Pogba

Mkhitaryan Mata Martial

Rashford

I think that team has a lot going forward to hopefully break down a resolute WBA defence but I worry about how well it'll stand up to set pieces if we give away silly free kicks and corners close to our box. You have 2 CB's & 2 CM's plus maybe Valencia who are strong in the air everyone else is pretty weak and DDG isn't a keeper who likes to come and dominate he tends to stay on his line and back himself to make saves.

I think if we can start quickly and maybe get an early goal or two they might just give up as they're not really playing for anything but if we let them get a foothold in the game it will be very difficult

Smalling, Pogba and Jones all out according to the BBC. Have heard that Fellaini is a doubt and Herrera is suspended. Valencia and Rojo have been in South America too and could be rested, I can't see how that is possible really though given form and availability of others. 2 of our best defenders this season.

Might be finally time for Fosu-Mensah? Rashford was given a chance this time last year on the back of an unavailability issue and this might be his chance. Alternative would be 2 of Rooney, Lingard, Mata and Mkhi playing just ahead of Carrick in a 4-3-3/4-1-4-1, problem with that is that you could really do with that 1 in midfield having the legs to do the work and Carrick doesn't.

My selection would be - De Gea; Valencia, Bailly, Rojo, Shaw; Carrick, Fosu-Mensah; Mata, Mkhi, Martial; Rashford.

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Rojo, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Rashford.

Subs: Romero, Tuanzebe, Darmian, Willock, Fosu-Mensah, Rooney.

Not watching, but doesn't seem like it's going to happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back