Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
125px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Saturday, 28th October 2017
Premier League

Old Trafford
12:30 BST

Jones is fit as he benched last night but Jose hinted no one else is expected back for Spurs might get some more news on Friday.

DDG

Valencia Smalling Jones Darmian

Mhiki Herrera Matic Rashford

Lingard

Lukaku

Assuming no one is fit to return I'd go with that.

For them the big question is Kane he limped off holding his hamstring on Sunday and isn't in the squad tonight but he probably would've been rested anyway. They'll hope it was just cramp rather than a strain if he pulled his hamstring it's 2 week minimum or in the case of Pogba 2 months.

Jones Bailly both back, Pogba rumoured to be back on the bench, should be fit for Chelsea, fantastic news, my team for Saturday would be:

DDG
Valencia Jones Bailly Young
Matic Herrera
Rashford Miki Martial
Lukaku

Won't happen but I can hope haha I think Rashford will start on the right, Martial bench and Mata will get the nod on the right

Pochettino confirmed that Kane will miss the game through injury.

Now there’s a boost if ever I saw one. Obviously Spurs still have players who can hurt you and Llorente will cause us different problems but I’m feeling more confident now for sure.

Great news that, as you say still need to be wary but what a boost that is.

Rashford a major doubt for the game

Having Jones & Bailly back together would be a massive bonus, shame none of the midfield are back yet.

Team: De Gea, Bailly, Smalling, Jones, Valencia, Matic, Herrera, Young, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Lukaku.

If that''s three at the back, it's quite an attacking line-up. looks like Spurs going three at the back as well.

Looks a back 3 to me matching up Spurs 3-4-2-1

Rashford & Mhiki in behind Lukaku

My guess is Smalling in the middle of the 3 probably there to battle with Llorente in the air.

Hadn’t seen their team haha.

Looks like 2 up top as well which is nice to see at home, Lukaku feels like a guy who operates alone but if him & rashford can get something going they could be a nightmare for defenders.

Need a big one from Mhiki today he’s the guy with the freedom not a great start but hopefully he can pick it up.

Anyone think Lingard is unlucky to miss out?

Been arguably the best player in the last 2 games should be starting ahead of Mhiki in my opinion behind the 2 strikers.

Awful first half. No patern of play. No ideas. More needed from Matic, Herrera and Mkhitaryan.

Cagey first half both teams not carrying an attacking threat.

Utd started well couple of half chances need to make it count on the scoreboard though as Spurs will finish strong.

This is where Lukaku has an issue as he doesn’t really create for himself he needs service and so far he hasn’t had it.

Thought we were good value for the win, especially in the second half. Great first touch by Martial for the goal. Nice reception for Young when he went off. Deserved too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back