Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

V

Friday, 19th August 2016
Barclays Premier League
Old Trafford
20:00 BST

JSNFRMN

I would start Pogba on the bench, can't be fully fit. Not easy to make a change after a 3-1 away win but I wouldn't bet against it if Mourinho feels he needs something to counter a threat, Lingard (if fit) for Mata (harsh to drop) is a possibility. Smalling for Blind another possibility, again would be very harsh on Blind. In terms of ratings, there were a bunch of 7's, a couple of 8's, maybe a 9 too in Bailly. We've not had that in a while really, if there is a change it's likely it'll to be harsh on the one that misses out. Hopefully no injuries to make a decision for Mourinho too.

RichH2016

There's life on the forum! :)

You can tell its a quiet week and the transfer news has all but stopped because this place has been very very quiet.

Until tomorrow and then I'm sure it'll pick up for match day. Very much looking forward to seeing the Pog!

Sideshow Bob

Team news: Manchester United v Southampton - Official Manchester United Website

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has delivered an update on the latest team news ahead of Friday's Premier League visit of Southampton.

Paul Pogba, the Reds' newest recruit, is ready to play against the Saints with the boss telling MUTV the midfielder is in good enough condition to play "some minutes" and make his second debut for the club almost four and a half years since his first.

"He’s ready to play," declared the boss. "We played against Leicester with players with less training than him and we look at that match as a way to improve them, to accelerate that process. With Paul, it's a bit of the same - not one single minute of any pre-season match or friendly but almost two weeks of work with us. Sometimes with the group, sometimes separately, and the condition is okay to play some minutes and to accelerate the process."

Centre-back Chris Smalling, like the Frenchman, is also now free from suspension and available.

SuperRash

So do we reckon Pogba will start? I for one thinks he'll get a sub appearance. However, I would love him to start but as of now I think we will be unchanged from the Bournemouth game. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Mkhitryan comes in for Mata.

RichH2016

So do we reckon Pogba will start? I for one thinks he'll get a sub appearance. However, I would love him to start but as of now I think we will be unchanged from the Bournemouth game. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Mkhitryan comes in for Mata.
I think he'll get maybe 20 minutes at the end? Either to tighten it up or to really go out there and get at Southampton or just to give him a run out. There's no way I see him not coming on in some form at some point.

RichH2016

Great performance by pretty much everyone tonight. Fair play in that second half we should of had more.

Status
Not open for further replies.