Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
200px-Newcastle_United_Logo.svg.png

Saturday, 18th November 2017
Premier League

Old Trafford
17:30 GMT

I’m going to this one my first game of the season.

Newcastle are a solid defensive side as you would expect from a Rafa side but they don’t have much going forward but are dangerous on set pieces with the delivery of Ritchie & Shelvey.

I guess there are doubts over Jones after he limped off vs Germany, Lukaku & Mhiki both scored for their national teams which might boost confidence. Hopefully Pogba is back and Utd can get back in the goals after a tough month, Fellaini is fit again so the manager will have a few options.

Hopefully it’s back to the 4-2-3-1 we saw early in the season and a bit more of the free flowing attacking football we saw in the first month of the season with some proper service to Lukaku up top not just pumping long balls.

Neil Custis of the Sun reporting both Zlatan & Pogba may be on the bench tomorrow.

Jones apparently ruled out following his injury.

Jose press conference about to start expect him to be very annoyed not just with England for playing him but he will also be annoyed with Jones for not pulling out of the squad.

I mean why is he strapping up his leg to play in a friendly when the manager is already on record saying he thinks he's the best English defender on current form, keeping yourself fit has to be the number 1 priority. It's pretty obvious this is an injury he's been managing for a few weeks surely a phone call could've sorted him a fortnight off to rest it before the busy international break it's clearly what happened with Kane and probably a few others if it was a qualifier or a playoff game they'd have turned up.

I sometimes wonder if this lad is a bit to brave for his own good I mean when his time comes the news report will read "former Man Utd player Phil Jones died this morning after what appeared to be a freak accident" if he wasn't a Utd player he'd be the guy getting pranks played on him on building sites with videos posted about him on banter sites like "on the tools"

I’d love to see a 4-2-3-1 at some point with Pogs and Matic as the 2, Martial, Ibra (as no.10 )and Rash as the 3 with Lukaku up top

Mourinho confirms Rojo Pogba and Zlatan all in the match day squad tomo

I’d love to see a 4-2-3-1 at some point with Pogs and Matic as the 2, Martial, Ibra (as no.10 )and Rash as the 3 with Lukaku up top

I think we may see this when everyone is fit in home games vs teams who just look to sit deep but I can't see Mourinho ever going that attacking from the start against anyone away from home or even at home to decent opposition. It feels more like a formation you end the game with rather than start it with especially if you're chasing goals.

If we were playing a computer game that's how you'd line up but kind of feel that this is something that works on FIFA but not in real life because everyone knows in FIFA you just want all the quick skilful guys on the pitch but in reality you need more functional guys to hold shape.

Feel like a broken record but would be nice to see Shaw start but feels like we're flogging a dead horse with that one and he's going to be sold as soon as a decent offer comes in. If it isn't Shaw then hopefully it's Blind or Young as they at least give you a bit of quality going forward and I imagine Darmian isn't happy after being part of that Italy team that missed the world cup.

Absolutely buzzing them three are back!!! What news for a Friday!

Ibra for me is a No. 10 starter, he can't be worse than Miki, would demand the ball, influence play, has a pass on him, can create, has strength to hold onto the ball, bring others into play, players will make runs off him knowing he can pick them out, add Pogba into that, Martial and Rashford out wide, jesus that is an attack!

As JSP says, we would all start with that, fantasy stuff but in reality I can't see Jose starting that attacking, I could see Martial or Rashford, Zlatan, Lukaku and then whoever RW and Matic Pogba but to have the option is great and I for one am buzzing.

Have a great weekend lads, hopefully a big win tomorrow and look forward to the discussions on Monday!

JSP enjoy the game mate, pity your not there for Brighton could have met up for a pint before the game!

Tissues at the ready lads! haha Rumour is Pogba and Rojo set to start with Ibra on the bench. Gonna be some reception if he comes on. Mkhi dropped for Lingard and Fellaini may be starting too so 4-3-3 seems likely.

DDG

Valencia Lindelof Smalling Young

Matic Pogba

Martial Mata Rashford

Lukaku

Subs: Romero Rojo Shaw Fellaini Herrera Lingard Ibrahimovic

Took Pogba half hour to show us what we've been missing. Great assist

Since when could Young do that with his left foot? Both assist have been lovely.

Young was brilliant. Pogba was as good as when he got injured which is again brilliant. Zlatan back and lukaku scoring again :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back