Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
200px-Middlesbrough_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 31st December 2016
Premier League
Old Trafford
15:00 GMT

Match day squad, according to the MEN: De Gea, Romero, Johnstone, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Rojo, Herrera, Pogba, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford, Ibrahimovic.

Only 17 names and 3 GKs so likely 2 or 3 more will turn up tomorrow. Carrick, Blind and Mkhi probably, could be Darmian though. Young usually shows up just to be dressing room DJ too!

Yeah, I would expect Mkhitaryan and Blind to be part of the squad.

From the same MEN article:

Mkhitaryan still stays at The Lowry and Daley Blind lives nearby, so they tend to rendezvous with their teammates who disembark the team coach.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Carrick not involved with it only being a couple of days till the next game which on paper is a tougher fixture. Will be interesting to see who replaces him if that is the case though, suspect it'll be a change of formation with Herrera and Pogba playing in a 2 but could see Schweinsteiger in a direct swap or maybe even Fellaini with Herrera playing the deeper of the 3.

I've had no luck with predicting starting line ups all season. I won't waste your time. I do hope that Boro receives a proper thumping and that Ibra finishes the calendar year as top scorer.

Also hope that Basti gets a nod for some game time to end the year on a positive.

Got to win this one with Citeh and Liverpool playing each other today... One at least will drop points so it is our chance to make some ground on one of them. And of course with Chelsea playing Spurs we could gain on at least one of them too.

Team v Middlesbrough: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, Blind; Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba; Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic, Martial.
Subs: Romero, Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Mata, Schweinsteiger, Rashford

Martial has been great in the first half. More needed from the other attackers in the second half.

I'm just waiting for the snoresville comments after the game by Jose.

"We had a goal wrongly ruled out"

"We should have had a penalty"

"We were the only team trying to win"

"We had so many chances, we controlled the game"

Blah blah blah! Heard it all before. Bottom line it's unacceptable to lose a game at home to a side who have lost 3 out of their last 4! Bottom line it's unacceptable that the manager would change a winning team. Bottom line this team just missed out on a great chance to close the gap.

I'm just waiting for the snoresville comments after the game by Jose.

"We had a goal wrongly ruled out"

"We should have had a penalty"

"We were the only team trying to win"

"We had so many chances, we controlled the game"

Blah blah blah! Heard it all before. Bottom line it's unacceptable to lose a game at home to a side who have lost 3 out of their last 4! Bottom line it's unacceptable that the manager would change a winning team. Bottom line this team just missed out on a great chance to close the gap.

Oh dear, Rich. You should have waited until the final whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back