Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
v
200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Sunday, 10th December 2017
Premier League
Old Trafford
16:30 GMT

With Pogba I was feeling very confident because City have been a little below their early season standards of late, however without him I think it’s very much in the balance. Both teams are capable of doing some great things, I think our front three will cause the City defence problems. However, the likes of De Bruyne, Aguero etc have the potential to devastate our defence. I really hope it’s a good game and not a damp squib like many of these big games can turn out to be.

My prediction is there will be goals, 3-2 United I’m gonna bet on.

City look awesome, I just cant see us restricting their possession. If we can get that down to near the 50% mark I think we have a chance. Looking at the possession and shots Arsenal had, I think City will win to be honest. With those amounts of chances/stats, City wont be as careless in front of goal. One of the best prem sides of all time I would say. Of course they need to go on and win something.

I think we are the underdog, if we can get a win it would be against the form book, but united have surprised me more over the years. We need to score first for sure.

Although I think City will win, I still go in thinking we can do it, but we need to attack and keep possession and I'm not sure Jose will. Pogba is a huge loss and could be the difference.

Whenever there's a big build up like this, I always think we are going to see high quality end to end football and lots and lots of goals. Like Arsenal last weekend. But honestly how often does the complete opposite happen? I think because the game is so set up for both sides to attack and counter attack each other, I'm going to go United 1-0 in a tight cagey game lol! Hopefully a late winner to give it back to Pep and Sterling.

If we have above 40% possession I’d be surprised

Not feeling massively confident, the Pogba miss is an absolute killer, he is the one player we can't really deal without as we have no one else like him, Martial out then Rashford comes in, Lukaku out then Zlatan comes in, right hand side makes no odds haha but we have replacements for everyone on the pitch bar Pogba, absolute killer!

I can see Jose having no interest in saying you attack we attack, you score 3 we will score 4, that would be naive as they will batter us without Pogba as he links everything together.

Personally I think he will be happy to sit back, soak up pressure, keep it tight and hit them on the counter, I know we are at home and we should go at them but I think he will look to out muscle, out fight them and try to turn it into a bit of a scrappy game, win all the 50/50s, get in their face, get a few tackles in, get the crowd going bring them into it, set pieces will be vital for us, I can see Jones, Smalling, Matic, Fellani, Lukaku etc. all in so we over power them at set plays and it could play a big part on Sunday.

Performances go out of the windown, not sure about anyone else but I really don't care about playing well or not, this Sunday is all about the result and I don't care how we get it, bully them get into them and be smart about it.

COME ON UNITED!

There has been talk that the game could be postponed due to weather conditions. I would prefer the game went ahead.

Good bit of snowfall overnight. Forecast is for more of the same tonight. Also hope the game goes ahead - the conditions will work against City more than us, although with the under soil heating etc it may have little bearing. A lot of people are expecting a classic - here's my prediction: Red bus firmly parked for 90 minutes. Fellaini header to win it from a corner. Pep to chuck a pizza at Jose in the tunnel afterwards.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

I'm going 1-1 draw because I cant bear to put 1-2 to Citeh lol

We'll have to on the very top of our game defensively. Midfield will need to be relentless in their closing down. 1-0 United with a powerful Lukaku header ending a swift counter attack.

I think we will lose if City are on their game they will be to good for us.

Aguero dropped. Thanks.

De Gea

Valencia Rojo Smalling Young

Herrera Matic

Rashford Lingard Martial

Lukaku

Playing deep, hoofing the ball out from defence. Gonna be a tedious game to watch

City fans singing 'park the bus'. And loud. Do we have any supporters in OT today cos I can't hear them

City are running the show. Seems like only a matter of time because eventually they are gonna pick a pass that gets us. We are being overrun in every department really.

Poor, poor showing from Utd. Possession is 25/75. It's embarrassing against City. Sooner or later they will get thru.

We’ve been tragic so far today, showing them so much respect. Yes they are brilliant but we have seriously let them play as much as they want.

Lifeline. Where did that come from. Assistant manager celebrating and Mourinho tells him to calm down ffs

To be honest after City scored we showed a bit more intent and we scored albeit from a mistake. Sitting back and hoping to catch them on the break is a risky tactic as City can cut you open at the drop of a hat.

Terrified with the ball panic stations when we don’t have it.

No midfield, defence just hoofing it up the pitch nowhere near Lukaku giving him no chance.

Also, what are sky playing at putting a celeb fan in as a pundit.

We pay for a sports channel not a chat show with some bloke who’s plugging his album. Who are they booking for the Etihad Olly Murs?

Would they do this for any other sport? Football deserves proper coverage by guys who know what they’re talking about not a musician who decided to become a city fan to help his bands Manchester image.

Terrified with the ball panic stations when we don’t have it.

No midfield, defence just hoofing it up the pitch nowhere near Lukaku giving him no chance.
That’s been the worst thing about our performance, every time we do get the ball we just hoof it in the hope that we may find a United shirt. Got to be better in the second half or we are going to be picked off again.

Also, what are sky playing at putting a celeb fan in as a pundit.

We pay for a sports channel not a chat show with some bloke who’s plugging his album. Who are they booking for the Etihad Olly Murs?

Would they do this for any other sport? Football deserves proper coverage by guys who know what they’re talking about not a musician who decided to become a city fan to help his bands Manchester image.
Oh don’t get me started on that. The guy is an idiot.

Unbelievable saves from Ederson. Lukaku should have scored! Earlier this season he would have buried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back