Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Saturday, 10th September 2016
Barclays Premier League
Old Trafford
12:30 BST

So does Rashford play on the left, right or through the middle on Saturday?

I think you play him through the middle and maybe ask Rooney to play out wide?! I know that could mean dropping Martial if you play Rooney on the left but he offers more discipline than Rashford? Just an idea...

I'm quite nervous for this game actually because these derbies could be vital more than ever this season! We've started the season with good results but neither team has found their best form yet... As you'd expect at this time of the season of course.

To be honest if I'm being slightly negative? I'd take a draw here, keep it right, keep them level with us and keep that undefeated streak intact.

I would be surprised if he starts the game. I think he will be on the bench as an impact player.

If it was up to me, i'd start him over Rooney but that won't happen. If he's to start I think it'll be in place of Martial who could do with a break. He had a long season last year and was brought in to things too soon this season having not really had a pre-season. Think he'll probably start on the bench though and start on Thursday as a striker in the Europa.

I wouldn't mind to see both himself and Martial on the flanks but I also reckon he will start this one on the bench. Martial certainly does need a rest eventually.

If Fellaini misses out it will be interesting to see who comes in. Herrera?

Team news for Manchester derby - Official Manchester United Website

Jose Mourinho delivered an extremely positive team news update ahead of Manchester United's clash with Manchester City on Saturday.
The United boss has informed MUTV that "everybody is available" despite concerns over a number of players on international duty, including Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Luke Shaw.

"I'm not saying Micki is ready to play 90 minutes but he is ready to help us," revealed the manager in relation to the Armenia captain, who hurt his thigh while representing his country. "There are no injuries."

Antonio Valencia has returned to the Aon Training Complex following his commitments with Ecuador and is also in contention for the derby showdown.

"Everybody is available," Mourinho reiterated. "It’s not the same as if we were here all week and working, resting and not travelling, but there are no injuries and everybody has returned safely and on time for at least one training session. Everybody is ready and wants to play of course.

"Antonio was able to get one flight direct to Madrid and then to London and Manchester," he added at his pre-match press conference at the Aon Training Complex. "An easy one. Sergio [Romero] and Marcos [Rojo] went around the globe!

"They played in Venezuela and then went to Argentina and then, from there, they came back to Europe but they came back in time for training this morning."

The boss was in bullish mood ahead of a game the whole world is anticipating with real relish. "We are fine," he stressed. "We are ready. We are waiting."

There you go then... Thankfully no injury worries! Which I'm torn about because it means Fellaini is fit which based on this season so far is good... But then I do fear that this will be the week he's found out with the quality against him.

Interesting team selection...

Mkhitaryan and Lingard in for Mata and Martial.

We all thought Lingard was going to be his man for the big games! Can't say that I'm too surprised because Jose is going to want to keep it tight. Plus the fire power on the bench to bring on is then frightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back