Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
180px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Sunday, 15th January 2017
Premier League
Old Trafford
16:00 GMT

Left back is the only issue, could see Rojo there if fit next to Valencia, Smalling and Jones. Midfield picks itself. Ibra + 2, choice between Martial, Mata and Mkhitaryan I think. Martial and Mata for me.

Rooney starts for the record setting night. That's all I got. Aw hell

------------DDG
Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Rojo / Blind
-----------Carrick
----Herrera------------Pogba
--Miki------------------Rooney--
-------------
Ibra

Don't think Rooney is starting, don't think he would have started both Reading and Hull if he was. Think he'll be on the bench but if he came on and scored that would be delightful. Think the team pretty much picks itself. Although the case of Mata playing is a plausible one but I think it'll be:

De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Darmian, Carrick, Herrera, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Ibra.

3-0 walkover. :)

I went with Mata over Mkhi because Klopp knows Mkhi quite well so knows his strengths and how to exploit weaknesses. Mata's been there and done it in this fixture and in other big games. I'd be surprised to see Rooney start this one.

I went with Mata over Mkhi because Klopp knows Mkhi quite well so knows his strengths and how to exploit weaknesses. Mata's been there and done it in this fixture and in other big games. I'd be surprised to see Rooney start this one.

nice scouting.

Mourinho hopes duo will be fit to face Liverpool - Official Manchester United Website

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has told MUTV he's hopeful of having both Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo available for Sunday's match against Liverpool.

Ibrahimovic was on the bench for last Saturday's FA Cup win over Reading and was due to play against Hull City in the EFL Cup semi-final first leg on Tuesday, but illness forced him out of the latter game.

Rojo, meanwhile, hobbled out of the victory over Reading with a muscle problem but Mourinho told MUTV he is positive about both players' chances of being involved this weekend.

"I think they are available," he declared. "I cannot confirm with 48 hours to the match but I think so."

Old Trafford will have an electric atmosphere on Sunday afternoon for what is often seen as the biggest game of the season by the supporters. Speaking in his pre-match press conference, Mourinho said the fans' backing is more important than ever in fixtures of this magnitude.

“What I want from them, I have, since day one," declared the manager during his media briefing.

"What I want is for them to be with the team especially because they give us [support] in the difficult moments; to have bad results and to have the fans with me, with the team, and to feel that they are with us, it’s the best feeling and the most important feeling," he added.

"Now, it’s just a question of trying to have a little bit extra in a match that, for them, means a little bit more. It’s for them that the match means something more, so they have to make us feel that feeling. We felt that at Anfield, we felt clearly that for the Liverpool fans the match was more than a match.

"Now, we play at home, so it’s a huge percentage of our fans compared with Liverpool fans, so they can give us that little bit extra to make the game a bit more special for us."

I've changed my mind, hope Mkhi starts tomorrow. Want Mata in too though. Gonna be a tough call on one of the 3.

It really is. I really want the extra pace and power of martial on the left so I guess there are 2 players for 1 spot on the right. I am finding it really difficult to choose because mata has a way of scoring important goals in big games.

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Herrera, Carrick, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic, Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back