Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

Sunday, 29th April 2018
Premier League

Old Trafford
16:30 BST

Arsenal will be putting out a weakened side as this game is either side of the Atletico semi final in Europa League so apart from Aubameyang I doubt any of their big hitters will be there. No points away from home in 2018 for Arsenal either.

Neither side is really playing for anything in the league anymore.

I would imagine Utd will be full strength looking to nail down 2nd place in the league probably use the 4-3-3 we saw yesterday maybe with the same players. Could see the full backs changed as he probably needs to give Darmian/Shaw playing time to attract some interest from other clubs this summer.

Would be nice to see a few kids on the bench.

This fixture for me is always the one I look forward to the most alongside the Liverpool games. Don't get me wrong they have been toilet for years and as JSP says they won't risk playing anyone. Simply because they will hopefully be half way to being knocked out the Europa by the time this rolls around. But United vs Arsenal is what I grew up on and i still get that buzz playing against them even if trophies aren't on the line any more.

I hope Jose goes strong and I hope Alexis gets to stick it to Wenger for the final time. We've beaten City Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea in recent weeks and a double over Arsenal would be another big highlight for me.

So Arsenal drew 1-1 last night with Atletico meaning they surely will rest the entire team ahead of the return leg next week as they can't really take any chances.

You have to assume it's going to be the bench players plus Aubameyang who is cup tied for Europe and a few kids so if Utd are on their game we could destroy them.

Shame this game has come at a bit of a meaningless point of the season for both sides as it's normally one to look forward to but we were in a similar position last season when we played them at the Emirates we made a lot of changes as it came at a point where focus was all on the Europa League as top 4 was done and dusted for us.

Be interesting to see if Jose makes any changes for the game I guess we don't know if Valencia has shaken off what ever was troubling him in the cup semi final so we might see Darmian get a start or maybe Shaw with Young switching to RB? You would assume the centre backs will be Smalling & Jones, midfield will be the 3 who started against Spurs and we might see Rashford or Martial ahead of Lingard as we are at home.

A win means top 4 is guaranteed, it also keeps the gap to Liverpool in 3rd at 3 points with an extra game to play and you'd hope that the players will finish the job and get 2nd having been in that position all season.

Yeah I think Wenger cannot afford to play his big guns after that result last night. He’ll probably rest guys like Ozil, Wilshere, Lacazette and Ramsey.

So in theory we should win against a weakened Arsenal side but who knows with us, we thought WBA would be a walk in the park!

Hope Wenger gets a good reception on Sunday. He's deserved it, he’s been on the other side of some of the best games I’ve seen and without him pushing Fergie, we might not have achieved what we have. Ultimately he's played a part in our success during his time at Arsenal.

Players rested or not, I think we should be beating Arsenal at home. It's always a worry when i'm this confident though. It took Van Persie about 5 minutes to shut their fans up in his first game against them and hopefully Sanchez can silence them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back