Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
v
170px-AFC_Bournemouth_%282013%29.svg.png

Wednesday, 13th December 2017
Premier League
Old Trafford
20:00 GMT

Ideal game for Rom to sort this confidence issue out. Bournemouth will come to play and will give up chances. He needs to take anything that comes his way and find his shooting boots again.

Got to get the derby result out the system and hopefully a decent home win will do that.

Would be great for Rom to get his goal but I'm not sure he should even be starting this game but we probably don't have much choice.

Probably start the same team as Sunday the only changes might be at the back could see Rojo sitting out for Lindelof or Jones who made the bench at the weekend and possibly one of the full backs being rested and Shaw given another start.

DDG

Valencia Lindelof Smalling Shaw

Matic Herrera

Rashford Lingard Martial

Lukaku

He might look to start Mata as the 10 over Lingard as it's probably not going to be a very open game so he might need Mata to be able to pick the lock in a tight space rather than Lingard who can exploit space in behind.

I think Lukaku should be dropped. He's not performed for 2 months now. Just cos he cost £75m doesn't mean he should play regardless of form. Give the Rash a go up front.

Matic deserves a rest too.

I think Lukaku should be dropped. He's not performed for 2 months now. Just cos he cost £75m doesn't mean he should play regardless of form. Give the Rash a go up front.

Matic deserves a rest too.

Think is Zlatan is nowhere near fit enough to start, Mhiki doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the team, Lingard or Mata can't really play on the wing so we don't have many options. If Mhiki is ready to come back in I'd happily put him back on the right and put Rashford as the centre forward.

The worry is if we drop Lukaku will he drop down into a bigger hole in terms of confidence or do we just have to persist and play him through it? RVP & Zlatan both had long scoring droughts in their first seasons with us so it's nothing new and he's one of those strikers who scores in bursts.

I'd persevere with Lukaku with the hope he'll find his scoring touch. I'd start Shaw as well. He's fit enough to play and good enough. Got to give him a chance.

Hopefully we can bounce back in style and bang a few goals in.

I've got a feeling he might play Miki too now he's had a good few games rest to sort himself out.

Anyone know what the crack is with Bailly? Thought it was just a knock but seems to have been out for ages now, think Lindelof will play again he has looked good last few games, done well against City when he came on, starting to look composed.

Anyone know what the crack is with Bailly? Thought it was just a knock but seems to have been out for ages now, think Lindelof will play again he has looked good last few games, done well against City when he came on, starting to look composed.

No idea it's a bit like the Fellaini one he was suddenly missing and there doesn't seem to be a return date.

It's far from accurate but physioroom.com have him down as a groin injury with no return date same status for Carrick.

English Premier League Injury Table - PhysioRoom.com

According to them both Rojo & Fellaini are in contention for tonight but need late fitness tests.

I read yesterday that Bailly could now be out until the end of Jan as the injury is worse than expected. You never know with the papers tho

I've got a feeling he might play Miki too now he's had a good few games rest to sort himself out.
Yeah been thinking that this maybe the game that Mkhi comes back into the equation. Kind of depends how much effort he’s been putting in during training.

Think we’ll see a few changes, potentially Lindelof, Shaw and Mata coming in. Would say Mkhi will be on the bench.

The little injuries that Bailly is picking up is a little worrying. We seem unable to buy a centre back that doesn’t spend most of the time tooing and froing from the physio room! Smalling is probably our most consistently available centre back.

Mhiki has got to earn his way back in but if we're playing 4-2-3-1 then he might get a game on the right if he decides to rest one of the youngsters but to be honest I'd rather they bring Mata in for a game than him he was ok when he came on vs City and probably deserves a chance.

Bailly is a concern as it seems that every time he comes back from internationals he's injured which isn't good and he's missing big chunks of the season but luckily CB is the one place where we do have options and while Bailly is probably the best CB we have he's not miles better than the replacements. Would be nice to get a settled CB pairing in place though rather than chopping and changing. Lindelof is starting to show his talents a bit and I think this is a good game for him to start he'll be up against Defoe or more likely Wilson rather than the battering ram style guys that he's struggled with.

Apparently Mkhi isn’t in the matchday squad so this isn’t the evening he returns.

Yeah I don’t think we’ve had a settled pairing since Rio and Vidic which is quite startling. Each of our centre backs puts a run together and then gets injured. I agree about Lindelof, he is starting to show his quality and I hope he gets a start which is quite likely as apparently Rojo isn’t in the squad either.

That does surprise me about Miki, thought he'd make sub at least! He must be waaay out of favour.

I hope to see

DDG

Valencia Jones Rojo Shaw

Herrera Matic

Lingard Mata Martial

Rashford

If Rojo is missing then Lindelof

Surely we could put someone else with Matic. Those 2 don't play well together.
It's Bournemouth, surely we don't need 2 dcm's? We need a link player there.

They are our only fit central midfielders unless you want to start McTominey in which case it'd be Matic i'd rest whose playing through injury not Herrera

Apparently Mkhi isn’t in the matchday squad so this isn’t the evening he returns.

Yeah I don’t think we’ve had a settled pairing since Rio and Vidic which is quite startling. Each of our centre backs puts a run together and then gets injured. I agree about Lindelof, he is starting to show his quality and I hope he gets a start which is quite likely as apparently Rojo isn’t in the squad either.

I think both of them played a part in that as we had a few years towards the end of the Fergie era where both of them became unreliable so Evans/Smalling/Jones dipped in and out alongside them during the season but up until 2013 it was hard to argue that they weren't the first choice pairing but we might only get them together for 30 games out of a 50 game season. They've then left but the guys who've come in to replace them in Bailly & Rojo are both fairly injury prone themselves.

I think under LVG in his 2nd season it felt like Smalling & Blind played pretty much every game as the centre back pairing they were actually a pretty decent partnership together and Rojo played most of his football that season at left back.

Mhiki will probably come back in at some point I'm not to worried but at the moment we've got players in better form so he'll have to work hard in training and wait his turn, given his condition he's probably a little bit unlucky not to make the bench with Zlatan getting games.

They are our only fit central midfielders unless you want to start McTominey in which case it'd be Matic i'd rest whose playing through injury not Herrera

I wouldn't have a problem putting him in ahead of either as he looks pretty assured and the Bournemouth midfield isn't great. Matic is the one who looks like he needs a rest, it's probably easier to rest a player tonight that it would be against West Brom at the weekend Fellaini could be back for that one and I wouldn't rule out him starting alongside Matic in that game away from home he'll want to be solid.

I think when Pogba is back we could see Matic given a few weeks off to heal his injury because Pogba/Herrera or Pogba/Fellaini was a midfield that worked at times last season and the fixtures are ok over the next few weeks arguably the most important game in the next month is the league cup 1/4 final

Herrera getting dropped for McTominey speak volumes for Ander’s form this season. Really hope the young lad comes in and does well, like he has whenever his been giving that opportunity before.

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Matic, McTominay, Mata, Lingard, Martial, Lukaku.

Will take that. Just listening on radio. Sounds like Bournemouth have started the brighter

Match day thread closed.

Please use existing Player Match Discussion threads or create new threads to discuss talking points in the Manchester United forum: Manchester United (link to Manchester United forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back