Thursday, 27th April 2017
Premier League

Etihad Stadium
20:00 BST

DDG

Valencia Bailly Blind Darmian

Fellaini Herrera Pogba

Mhiki Rashford Lingard

I think he will go for that think he'll play the more defensive Darmian to try and protect Blind

Hard to pick what City will look like Kompany just played 120 mins so will they risk him? Silva went off injured so assume he's out and Aguero looked like he was limping when he came off but could've just been cramp.

I think City are there for the taking but they have so many danger guys who could just turn it on and take the game from you De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero & Sterling all capable of turning the game out of nowhere

Massive game. I see it being a cagey affair. Neither side will want to lose and will set up not to lose rather than win. A draw puts us within 2 of Liverpool with a game in hand.

Also our GD is only 2 poorer than liverpools and Cities now. Closing the gap.

I think City will setup to go for it they don't have much choice they can't protect that defence with the players they have got.

Most of the their big hitters did 120 minutes on Sunday you would imagine fatigue will be a problem for them as much as it is for Utd the only thing that could help them is Jesus might be back I know he was almost back in time for the final. The likes of Yaya & Kompany played 120 minutes, Silva went off injured so assume he's out and Aguero limped off but was hard to tell if that was cramp or injury.

I think we have to try and stop them playing out put that defence under pressure whenever it goes back to the keeper to force them to kick long as we should win most of the battles in the air and just look to get Rashford & Lingard running in behind their back 3 or 4.

Team pretty much picks itself them I think

DDG

Valencia Bailly Blind Darmian

Herrera Carrick Fellaini

Mhiki Rashford Lingard

I still think if every one of those guys can give us a 7/10 or better performance then we can beat them my guess is City will look to target our left hand side Aguero/Sterling will be looking to exploit Blind/Darmian as the weaker side of the defence. The only thing he might do is maybe go 4-4-2 like we did vs Chelsea and play Young instead of Mhiki from the start and just try and make 2 really solid banks of 4 for them to break through and hope that Rashford & Lingard can work something on a break away.

Pogba is a real blow but I do think we are going to City at the right time, we have hit a bit of form and are looking dangerous in attack with Rashford, Martial etc. It would be a boost for us if the likes of Silva and Aguero aren't passed fit, although I think they will probably be fit in the end.

It's a tough game to call, I'm leaning towards a draw if I'm honest. Think we may cancel each other out but hope it's not a boring dull affair which can happen in hyped up games!

Anyone else absolutely buzzing like a kid at Christmas? I'm not going to get much work done today!

Anyone else absolutely buzzing like a kid at Christmas? I'm not going to get much work done today!

How's that different to most days? ;)

I'm still nervous purely because I consider Aguero in the starting XI a 1-0 head start when it comes to the derby the guy has been a constant thorn in our side since the day he arrived at City

Oh I think we could very well be on the wrong end of the score line but games like today are what football is about.

I hope Shaw plays. Their full backs aren't great and he's got the speed to recover.

I fly to Spain tomorrow with 7 Tottenham fans. Could really do with us being in the top 4 before I leave!

I'll help you out if we're not in the top 4

Number of trophies won by Utd this season 1, Number of trophies won by Spurs?

I refuse to take any "banter" from Spurs fans even in their current glory era of the last 2 months we've still beat them twice and won 2 more trophies than them while we're in crisis

United: De Gea, Valencia, Blind, Bailly, Darmian, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Rashford.
Subs: Romero, Shaw, Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe, Young, Lingard, Rooney.

City: Bravo, Zabaleta, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero

That front three looks exciting and very quick! This is what a real United attack looks like, let's hope it performs as well as it looks on paper.

Looks like maybe Herrera has to take more responsibility for moving the ball through midfield tonight. I wonder if that means my thoughts on him for player of the season will flourish or diminish? Like the front three, hoping Martial and Rash ford can dovetail like Lingers and the boy against Chelsea. Hopefully they both have shooting boots too!

The camera angles used for set pieces are rubbish.

I was thinking that. It's awful, hope the producer is getting a word in his ear and the next corner it's binned.

Bravo is a calamity. Mhiki should have done better.

We need either Carrick or Fellaini off. Not sure for who though. I'd even be tempted to put Rooney in there. It's to pedestrian.

Not sure what sky are playing at with that camera it doesn't work at all on corners its like they've got a new toy and don't know how it works yet.

Ok start City starting to take a bit of control some sloppy moments in midfield winning the ball back then dithering and getting it taken off them.

Kompany doing well so far cutting out a lot of vital through balls

Midfield looks to spread out Fellaini playing ahead of the other 2 is leaving Carrick exposed Utd just can't keep the ball it's getting hacked clear and can't get hold of it

Big miss from Herrera got to hit the target

Ref is letting way to many fouls go it's both sides but think they've had 3 or 4 free shots on Rashford already

Utd need to find a way of getting hold of the ball midfield isn't working but don't think we have any option to change it City stretching the pitch very wide can our wide players go higher and try to push the full backs back

No real surprise from the ref, I think Atkinson is a dreadful referee to be fair.i don't buy into letting the game flow, if it's a foul it's a foul.

Hopefully we up our game in the second half because if our forward play is a little more penetrative, this City defence is there for the taking.

That spider cam should be binned. The angles for set pieces are horrible.

These are the kind of refs that allow players to get injured under the tag "letting ti flow" - good that we reached HT even at least. Let's hope we find our shooting boots soon.

No real surprise from the ref, I think Atkinson is a dreadful referee to be fair.i don't buy into letting the game flow, if it's a foul it's a foul.

Hopefully we up our game in the second half because if our forward play is a little more penetrative, this City defence is there for the taking.

Yeah at least it's consistent but a foul is a foul but he's always been afraid of making decisions

Anyone who doesn't rate Pogba just needs to watch this performance without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back