Premier League: Man Utd vs Huddersfield

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Time to move on from Spurs I think and look forward.

After the let down of Wednesday night Utd should be looking to send out a message to those chasing us and the fans that we still mean business and so far at home we've been pretty formidable against weaker opposition.

Injury news I assume Fellaini will be unavailable but the managers press conference will be due to begin shortly.

I hope we got for a 433 Matic in the middle and let Pogba & Herrera go forward.

DDG

Valencia Smalling Jones Shaw

Herrera Matic Pogba

Rashford Lukaku Sanchez

I assume Shaw will come in for young as part of the full back rotation and possible even Darmian/Lindelof for Valencia although with no midweek game next week he might push Valencia for 2 games in a week.

Not a fan of the chuckle brothers at centre back but also see no real point in changing it after Spurs hopefully chalk it down as a bad day at the office.

Manager confirms Fellaini is out.

In seperate news he hopes to have Bailly & Zlatan back before the end of Feb.

Personally I would give Matic a rest this week and I think we could get away with a two man midfield with Pogba at home to Huddersfield as we should have most of the ball, for me I would go with:

DDG
Valencia Rojo Lindelof Shaw
Herrera Pogba
Mata Lingard Sanchez
Lukaku

I thought Martial was very poor on Wednesday so I would bring Mata in for him, Jones and Smalling after that horrendous display on Wednesday would both be out.

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Matic, McTominay, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Lukaku.

Subs: Romero, Lindelof, Young, Carrick, Pogba, Martial, Rashford.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Who had McTominay in their line-up? Nope me neither.

Good to see Shaw back. I think this’ll be the game that Sanchez will get his first goal.

Match day thread closed.

Please use existing Player Match Discussion threads or create new threads to discuss talking points in the Manchester United forum: Manchester United (link to Manchester United forum).

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back