Premier League: Liverpool vs Manchester United

Mr C

Can't find a thread.

Without a fit Rashford I can't see a chance to be honest, all the R5 pundits think 3 - 0 Liverpool.

I was reading yesterday, Rahsford, Martial, Greenwood have more goals than Salah, Mane, Firminio. Also Rashford stats are better than Mbappe, best U23 in Europe.

I don't think we've got much of chance. If we can get a draw that would be great. But I think 3 - 1 Our midfield is just too poor. Unless Pereira can find some magic.

I fancy us. This is when people expect us to get battered and we pull out a performance that leaves people wondering how we’re so far off the pace.

Slabhead and Martial 2-0. Slabhead with the first an Anfield to endear himself to the United faithful. The midfield will matter very little. Martial and James will expose how far forward Liverpool leave their full backs.

Ole saying Rshford is unlikely, let's hope it's mind games.

I do believe him that Rashford will struggle. There is no point risking him and make it a whole lot worse. And to be honest he could do with a rest, I know it’s Liverpool but there is little merit risking him when we are in all the cups and hunting top four.

Wonder if Greenwood will start or whether Ole will be a little more conservative and play the likes of Lingard, Pereira etc.

Well that's just spoiled my Friday, let's just hope he's not going to be out for any length of time. I wonder if Mason will start?

I don't think its mind games I'd said it in early posts he'd not looked very mobile ov late I'd like to see Mason start, he must be a nightmare to mark not knowing what side is his weaker foot.

Hard to pick a starting XI for this one I think he'll go for a 3-4-1-2 like he did at home with Lingard in behind two strikers which would be Martial and James but he hasn't got 3 centre backs I thought he might play Young on the right as a wing back and tuck AWB in as the third centre back but not sure he can do that now as Young is off to Italy.

De Gea

AWB Lindelöf Maguire

Williams Fred Matic Shaw

Lingard

James Martial

The two strikers have to be prepared to run out into those channels and go into the space their full backs leave and our wing backs need to be brave and try to pin those guys back.

I think we'll get pumped to be honest this is a Utd team that looks tired and I think they'll see this game as a chance to really rub our noses in it they're pretty much full strength and Klopp will know the fans want this one and he'll get them really fired up for it.

Will be a real test of the character of this team can they survive the onslaught or will they buckle like they did in games last season.

Rashford injury updte
I can’t tell you now, as I said with Harry a few weeks ago, of course we’re gonna give him the absolute amount of time to find out, we’ll do some more checks and treatment with him today, yesterday was a recovery day, I’m not gonna hold my breath I would probably think he wouldn’t be ready but let’s see. 48 hours, so let’s see.

Hard to pick a starting XI for this one I think he'll go for a 3-4-1-2 like he did at home with Lingard in behind two strikers which would be Martial and James but he hasn't got 3 centre backs I thought he might play Young on the right as a wing back and tuck AWB in as the third centre back but not sure he can do that now as Young is off to Italy.

De Gea

AWB Lindelöf Maguire

Williams Fred Matic Shaw

Lingard

James Martial

The two strikers have to be prepared to run out into those channels and go into the space their full backs leave and our wing backs need to be brave and try to pin those guys back.

I think we'll get pumped to be honest this is a Utd team that looks tired and I think they'll see this game as a chance to really rub our noses in it they're pretty much full strength and Klopp will know the fans want this one and he'll get them really fired up for it.

Will be a real test of the character of this team can they survive the onslaught or will they buckle like they did in games last season.
Its going to be a long 90 minutes

I do believe him that Rashford will struggle. There is no point risking him

I think out of all the games this is the one to risk him for. The biggest game of every season.

If we beat them it would be huge for morale and bragging rights. Until the end of the season :-(

If he can have a jab and get through it, then he should.

I think out of all the games this is the one to risk him for. The biggest game of every season.
Emotionally yes it’s a massive game but Ole cannot see it as oh it’s Liverpool let’s give it a try. If he plays and then the injury gets worse and he’s out for two months then that’s not good for us or our season? He should only play if he is 100% and the medical team think it won’t be detrimental to the future.

I'm sort of caught in the middle part of me wants him to play through the pain if he can but part of me wants him to get sorted out where going to need him to be fully fit for the remainder of the season

Emotionally yes it’s a massive game but Ole cannot see it as oh it’s Liverpool let’s give it a try. If he plays and then the injury gets worse and he’s out for two months then that’s not good for us or our season? He should only play if he is 100% and the medical team think it won’t be detrimental to the future.
Yes that's true but they've been risking him for at least a few games now so not sure if they see it as much of major problem

Liverpool also don't look great at the moment though they're constantly just doing enough. Lets go at them.

4-3-3

AWB Magire Lindelof Williams

Periera Matic Fred

James Greenwood Martial

James and Martial need to take advantage of the space they're going to get because that channel in behind TAA especially is a goldmine. Usually you'd have Martial through the middle but the amount of space that left winger is going to get we need our best forward exploiting it. Fred Matic and Periera need to be looking to hit Martial immediately. No 2/3 touches and slow passes just release him. He'll get 5/6 oppertunities if they can do this.

If he does want to go 3 at the back Tuanzebe and Baily are back fit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I guess maybe the line up is to nullify their full backs? And then hope to hit them on the counter. That looks like the tactics to me.

My guess is AWB/Lindelof/Maguire as a back 3 with Williams on the right and Shaw left as wing backs.

James will play up top alongside Martial

Shows how little faith he has in Jones starting.

Dalot and Bailly on the bench.

Big day for Martial he’s going to have to hold that ball up there on his own at times as we will not be seeing much of the ball today.

I’d guess AWB the third CB. Williams at RB
Yeah good shout actually. We will need Shaw to have a good game at LWB because if he doesn’t provide a good attacking threat then we will rely on a lot of play down the right.

Looks like maybe Williams on the left wing? Guess it’ll help defensively but that’s thinking out of the box!

Awful defending from a set piece again.

why is Williams marking Van Dijk

That goal is also likely against us, we are naive from set pieces and we don’t really have those commanding headers of the ball.

Sheesh. We are on the ropes. Been reprieved by VAR but we are conceding soon if we don’t buck up.

Martial, Martial, Martial. Poor finish. Should be 1-1. Well actually it should be about 7-1.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back