Sideshow Bob

170px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 14th October 2017
Premier League
Anfield
12:30 BST

My team would be: De Gea; Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Blind; Matic, Fellaini, Herrera; Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Martial.

Fellaini has sustained an injury whilst playing for Belgium and could be a doubt for next Saturday.

Thinking a 3 at the back job because of Fellaini’s injury?

De Gea

Bailly, Jones, Smalling,

Valencia, Matic, Herrera, Young

Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Rashford
Would give extra protection against the potent Liverpool attack but also still have enough options to get at the fragile Liverpool back line. In previous years these games have been dull as dishwater but can see a few goals in this one.

I’d stick to the 4-2-3-1

Dave

Valencia Jones Bailly Shaw

Matic Herrera

Mata Mhki Martial

Lukaku

In Shaw Valencia and Bailly we have enough pace at the back to deal with their front line

I don't see how a back 3 helps us unless it's actually a back 5 which is what it would quickly become and we are obviously assuming Jones will be fit.

I would expect Darmian to be starting at LB as I think he'll look to play a very narrow back 4 can't see either full back spending to much time in the opposition half and we might even see Herrera given the job of man marking Coutinho like he did Hazard last season.

I reckon we’ll nick it 2-1. The first goal will be crucial, if Liverpool get it then they could get their tails up. But if we get I do think we can get at that Liverpool defence as they will need to open up a bit.

If we can defend well and take the sting out of the game of the first 20 mins maybe even the first half, I think we will go on and win it. It's a big IF because they will come out all guns blazing. But the more they push forward the more open they will be at the back.

I know I'm bias but I don't think it's a great Liverpool side by a long short. Think we will get chances and I think we will score, we've been very clinical this season. So I'll go 2-1 away win and 10 points clear of Liverpool by the end of the day hopefully.

I'll miss the game sadly.

Hate this game anyway we could be winning 5-0 and I still don't think I'd enjoy it makes me so nervous.

I reckon 1-1 draw.

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Herrera, Matic, Young, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Lukuka.

Formation?

is Young playing as a winger and we are playing a back 4? Or is Darmian playing as a center half in a back 5?

Young will play in his normal position, according to Mourinho in his pre-match interview.

Yeah think Young on the right and Darmian at left back. I don’t mind Young on the right one bit, you know he’s gonna get crosses in and in a tight game his delivery could be headed in by Lukaku. Think the Valencia and Young partnership could be quite fruitful against Moreno.

Match day thread closed.

Please use existing Player Match Discussion threads or create new threads to discuss talking points in the Manchester United forum: Manchester United (link to Manchester United forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back