Sideshow Bob

180px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Monday, 17th October 2016
Premier League
Anfield
20:00 BST

Assuming all players are available, who starts? Will a midfield two of Herrera and Pogba be too open against Liverpool?

Assuming all players are available, who starts? Will a midfield two of Herrera and Pogba be too open against Liverpool?

Yes I think so... I think away from home we will need to go cautious and guard against the pace of Mane!

In fact is Shaw expected to be fit? Because I'd worry about Blind up against Mane...

Not confident about this one at all. We are not playing well and Liverpool tend to do well against the bigger sides because of the way they play. I guess at home that might not be as easy for them as they will likely dominate possession.

Pogba-Carrick-Herrera or Pogba-Herrera-Fellaini? Or a different combination?

I'd like Carrick with Pogba & Herrera in a 3. With Liverpool's high pressing game we will need to move the ball faster from back to front and Carrick is the best man for that job. Hope we have learned from the City game that a 4-2-3-1 isn't the solution against a style like City's/Liverpool's..

Shaw and Mkhitaryan are available after injuries. Blind or Shaw at left back?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Team: De Gea; Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Blind; Fellaini, Herrera, Pogba; Young, Ibrahimovic, Rashford.

Sorry but for me Jose has that midfield wrong again. I like the 3 man midfield idea but it's got to be Carrick not Fellaini. You want a calm player who can keep the ball when we have it. Not a thug who will no doubt get himself in trouble. It's not like Fellaini brings you pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back