Sideshow Bob

220px-Leicester_City_crest.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Sunday, 5th February 2017
Premier League
King Power Stadium

16:00 GMT

Mourinho: "It was amazing what they did, it was unique (referring to Leicester’s unlikely title win). I didn’t think it would be possible to do it for a second season, especially playing in the Champions League at the same time. It's a very difficult match for us and I think also a very difficult match for them. But total respect for what they did and total respect for the change of life they are experiencing. I think next season will be much better for them again."

Jones is out injured.

No Carrick, Rooney or Shaw in the squad and Rashford will play alongside Ibrahimovic, according to reports in the media.

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Rojo, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Ibrahimovic.

Subs: Romero, Blind, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Young, Martial.

Looks like United are playing 4-4-2, with Rashford as a striker.

What has happened to this United team? It looks a shambles. Players can't pass to each other, break down in communication between players. So far this game has seen the ball spend more time in the air than on the ground... Despite the team lacking any kind of height.

The first 20 minutes has been awful.

Well I'm sorry but I'm going to put a lot of that on Jose. Suddenly he goes 4-4-2? The players look like they don't know what they are doing? And I thought my now it had been established Pogba isn't much good in a midfield two...

Mourinho has now switched the formation to 4-2-3-1. Hopefully we'll see an improvement.

Mourinho has done a really good job of organising this team and making them defensively really good but it still lacks that quality in attack. This team is so devoid of goals it's painful.

Bang bang and there it is... You've got to like what Mkhitaryan can bring to the team. Spends large periods quiet but then all of a sudden bursts in to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back