Premier League: Leeds vs Man Utd Sun 25th Apr 14:00 KO

I would say, if that's all Ole has to choose from in that position, we're in a sorry state. City have around 4 maybe 5 that could play RW far better than him. Would go as as far as to say Barnstoneworth have better wingers than him. Can't hold the ball ,can't run with the ball, hasn't made a decent pass with the ball and can't even find a position off the ball to make a decent interception. If he starts, or is brought on, we're playing with 10 men.

Who else can Ole chose from? Our squad is so light in attacking positions especially wide areas one injury to Martial and suddenly he's looking at Dan James or youth team players to start games. Our wide options are so poor at the moment compared to other top sides and it needs addressing this summer as it wasn't addressed last summer or the one before that.

Dan James would be a decent player for most mid table prem sides but he's clearly not good enough for Utd just look at what Lingard is doing at West Ham not saying James is as good as Lingard but he deserves a bit of respect. He was poor yesterday but so were plenty of others and yeah next season if we're in a situation where Dan James is still getting a lot of games we haven't sorted the squad out properly and won't be getting anywhere near City.

I would say, if that's all Ole has to choose from in that position, we're in a sorry state. City have around 4 maybe 5 that could play RW far better than him. Would go as as far as to say Barnstoneworth have better wingers than him. Can't hold the ball ,can't run with the ball, hasn't made a decent pass with the ball and can't even find a position off the ball to make a decent interception. If he starts, or is brought on, we're playing with 10 men.
Feel like you have some sort of vendetta against Dan James with all your quips about him. Yes he has his limitations but like jsp said I think he would be a decent player for mid-table EPL sides.

James - the world's fastest puppy - tries hard, but lacks quality;
LOL but apt. Agreed with your assessment of the limitations of our squad, and with Grealish. I know they play different positions, without being really sure what Fred's position is. He's not a good enough defender to play DM or attacking enough or box-to-box enough to play those roles, but his shooting/passing is so poor that I guess he's there for his defending. At least Grealish is going to do the attacking job well and give us more quality to break down a low block. I heard somewhere that he has made the most passes into the box of midfielders. We could use more of that.

Feel like you have some sort of vendetta against Dan James with all your quips about him. Yes he has his limitations but like jsp said I think he would be a decent player for mid-table EPL sides.
Perhaps, but what is he doing in a Utd jersey.
Vendetta against him, you bet!

LOL but apt. Agreed with your assessment of the limitations of our squad, and with Grealish. I know they play different positions, without being really sure what Fred's position is. He's not a good enough defender to play DM or attacking enough or box-to-box enough to play those roles, but his shooting/passing is so poor that I guess he's there for his defending. At least Grealish is going to do the attacking job well and give us more quality to break down a low block. I heard somewhere that he has made the most passes into the box of midfielders. We could use more of that.
I'm not sure about Grealish, I'd quite like Savic, because I think we could get him cheap, not sure he would work in the prem, so we could end up with another Fred, which is the worry. I'd like Grealish, but I don't think that's the role for him
What we really need is a Delorean, because now is the time for Veron. Someone who can pick up the ball from defence and do some damage.
If PSG spend heavy we might be able to get Verrati.
But in reality I see us spending big on Rice. Which I'm not against player wise, he'd be perfect, but he'll cost a bomb.

The worry is Cavani, he goes, thats money that needs spending there

I'm not sure about Grealish, I'd quite like Savic, because I think we could get him cheap, not sure he would work in the prem, so we could end up with another Fred, which is the worry. I'd like Grealish, but I don't think that's the role for him
What we really need is a Delorean, because now is the time for Veron. Someone who can pick up the ball from defence and do some damage.
If PSG spend heavy we might be able to get Verrati.
But in reality I see us spending big on Rice. Which I'm not against player wise, he'd be perfect, but he'll cost a bomb.

The worry is Cavani, he goes, thats money that needs spending there

Yep it's a weak squad and this summer we potentially lose Cavani and Pogba which are two of our top players so before we even make up for the shortfalls we need two big players to just get us back to the start.

This worries me big time as I smell another 2018 coming we've made good progress like we had under Jose but it needed more and the club just wouldn't spend the money.

It's a huge summer for any ambitions we might have to actually challenge in the league, which will become massive if Pogba leaves. Ideally, I'd prefer an absolute beast of a DM and chuck Fred in the bin, over an attacking player, but I don't think we're going to get one. Fred and McTominay are just kinda there, not really doing much overly well. If we can't get a defensive rock, then we might as well get an attacking player who offers more going forward, and let McTominay do what he can defensively, but I agree, CF, RW and CB would be priorities over an AM. Unless Pogba leaves, in which case, we're screwed.

Not the priorities for me.

I'd like a new CB, but they're doing ok, I would leave that a year unless Varane becomes free.

For me the CM is desperate, we are so predictable, so CM and RW are the priorites for me.

I am happier with our CB pairing than our midfield pairing

If Cavani and Pogba leave, then yeah add those two. Unless there is some grand scheme for DVDB post Pogba. But it doesn't look like it, that's looking like a Randolph and Mortimer type bet.

Keeping Pogba on a new deal would be a huge boost.

To me it's strengthen the spine still questions for me over GK, CB, CM & CF of those 4 spots the one that can probably wait is GK but the other 3 need addressing along with the right midfield spot.

That's just starting XI options there's also the issue of adding a bit more depth to the squad so Ole has players he can turn to from the bench.

That is the issue though.

We didn't sign a single first team player last summer or in January so this summer is now where the impact of that will be felt.

It's why I think we will be left short again because the money just won't be there to fund the rebuild.

Selling this summer is going to be even harder than it was last summer and really there's still all those old problems to solve.

Not the priorities for me.

I'd like a new CB, but they're doing ok, I would leave that a year unless Varane becomes free.

For me the CM is desperate, we are so predictable, so CM and RW are the priorites for me.

I am happier with our CB pairing than our midfield pairing

If Cavani and Pogba leave, then yeah add those two. Unless there is some grand scheme for DVDB post Pogba. But it doesn't look like it, that's looking like a Randolph and Mortimer type bet.

Keeping Pogba on a new deal would be a huge boost.
I don't think I was very clear. Fred/McTominay cannot be allowed to continue. Either we need a beast of a CB so the defence can stand on its own without the need for both of them, or we need a beast of a DM who can shield on his own, or we buy an AM to play with one of them and go all Kevin Keegan. In order of preference, it'd be DM, CB, AM.

After fixing the Fred/McTominay debacle, I'd go for a CF/RM and CB.

If Pogba leaves then we most definitely need a complete midfield overhaul because Bruno cannot be the only creative player we have.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back