Sideshow Bob

200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Sunday, 23rd October 2016
Premier League
Stamford Bridge
16:00 BST

Mourinho on Smalling: "He had a bad muscular feeling. We were 3-0 up so we decided to change. Hopefully he can recover for the weekend."

My starting line up would be something like this
DeGea
Valencia Smalling Bailly Blind
Herrera Pogba
Lingard Mata Martial
Rashford

Ibra needs a rest imo.

DeGea
Herrera Pogba
Lingard Mata Martial
Rashford

Ibra needs a rest imo.

The only thing there I might change is I'd like to see Carrick keep his place... but I would look to do that in place maybe of Mata? And go with a 4-3-3 formation? That way we can keep it tight when we don't have the ball and use the pace of Lingard, Martial and Rashford to hit Chelsea on the break.

I'd certainly be looking to rest Ibra as to be honest I've been a little disappointed with him. OK he's scored a number of goals but his all around play really hasn't been very good.

DeGea
Herrera Pogba
Lingard Mata Martial
Rashford

Ibra needs a rest imo.

I'd have the same side but Ibra up top, Rashford on the right and Lingard through the middle. Alternatively Martial behind Ibra and Lingard on the left.

Team v Chelsea: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, Blind; Herrera, Fellaini; Rashford, Pogba, Lingard; Ibrahimovic.

Subs: Romero, Darmian, Rojo, Carrick, Mata, Young, Martial

He has his team badly wrong today. Fellaini I guess was brought in to do a specific job and that job was obsolete after 30 seconds. Carrick and herrera should be enough to control a midfield and can both pass.

How did Luiz not get sent off, it was an horrific challenge!

Got to be Mata and Martial coming on. Lingard and Fellaini off, has to happen. No point leaving it as it is and leaving 2-0, got to have a go now. IMO Chelseas defence is their for the taking especially with Luiz there!

We are just a class below other teams around us. Have been ever since Sir Alex left. Truly awful! This could be 5 or 6 by the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back