Premier League: Bournemouth vs Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Time to look forward rather than backwards to West Brom.

Jose Mourinho: Man Utd boss to drop players for Tottenham FA Cup semi-final

Tricky away game for us here with Spurs at the weekend the manager has threatened to make changes off the back of the defeat to West Brom as he's clearly not happy with how that played out.

I mean if he's dropping everyone who didn't play well then it's De Gea & maybe Smalling plus the reserves vs Spurs as everyone else was poor vs West Brom. He's said that Pogba coming off was because of the yellow card and not the way he was playing but I'd say reading his comments he's not happy with the way Herrera, Sanchez & Mata played in that game and I'm guessing he's probably pretty annoyed with how Martial played when he came on.

You have to assume with Wembley on the horizon changes will be made could we see the likes of Rojo, Blind, Jones, Darmian, Shaw, Carrick, McTominay & Fellaini come into the team for this game.

The only first team player currently injured is Romero I believe everyone else is fit and the manager indicated that Bailly was being saved for Wembley so I doubt he'll wil travel.

I think he'd banked on 3 points vs WBA allowing him to rotate a bit away to Bournemouth but with Chelsea winning that gap has closed up a bit and I think he knows the players aren't really fussed about fighting for 2nd. Do you even get a runners up medal in the PL anymore?

To me it is a MUST to finish above as many rivals as possible no matter what!

Blind, Jones, Darmian, Carrick & Fellaini... god help us!

I've given up on thinking which Utd team will turn up this season. We could smash them 4-0 or lose 1-0. Who knows?? I think JM feels the same too.

Can we just play our U18’s who’ve won the league? Would probably show more passion!

I agree with Mr C that Lukaku needs a little rest. Personally I would unleash a front four of Lingard, Sanchez, Martial and Rashford. Although that seems unlikely but you never know. If it doesn’t work then fine but we need some pace in the final third and on Sunday we were woefully short of pace and direct running.

Apparently Lukaku was unwell last week and was only 50/50 for West Brom had we won that game I think he might have been one of the guys who was saved from making the trip but Utd can't really afford to gamble now, I think he will go and he will start.

If Mourinho is threatening changes for the cup semi final then he needs to give the guys who will come in some playing time ahead of it you can't just chuck people in against Spurs.

We've been pretty ropey away from home all season so I don't expect a convincing win optimistic I'd say something like 3-1 but Bournemouth will be bang up for it and they're in reasonably form so if we have anything like the attitude we did on Sunday we will probably get beat.

50/50

Then he would have played Rashford surely?

Lukaku is one of his untouchables if he's fit or in this case cleared by the doctors he will pay it's the same with Matic & De Gea under Jose these guys play every game.

Lukaku has had almost no rotation this season even in cup games he's normally come off the bench quite a bit, they took him all the way to Yeovil on a friday night.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Team: De Gea, Darmian, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Martial.

Like the attack for sure. I did want us to go with a pacy attack and we certainly have that.

Not sure who that Darmian fella is.

No messing around. I’d like to have seen a lot more of Shaw. I’d also have liked to have seen Sanchez instead of Lingard and see what those 3 and their movement together could provide

Just looked last time he started a premier league game was the 14th of October!

Just looked last time he started a premier league game was the 14th of October!

Think his last start in all comps was Bristol City in league cup.

Did he come on as a time wasting sub vs Liverpool?

Anyway clearly rotated with Saturday in mind a lot of these lads need a game.

I can’t stand this kit by the way hope we ditch it next season.

Can you keep me updated please. I am at a confirmation party in Ireland

Paul Pogba playing 2 touch football is a different player. Moving the ball on so much quicker.

Can see a problem at right back. Darmain seems to be playing very high and leaving a lot of pace for smalling to have to deal with.

Pogba and Rashford have been very good tonight. We just look a bit more fluid.

Playing alright games got a bit of an end of season feel to it.

Good to see Rashford getting some time in the centre.

Darmian looks so rusty bit of an odd one chucking him in tonight but I guess Tony V needed his rest.

Final third hasn’t been crisp passes to often under hit or little dinked crosses that are easy for the keeper to claim.

Game getting a bit nasty been a few yellow cards flashed.

Been a fairly quiet night for the keepers.

Lovely goal started at the keeper and in 4 passes it’s in the goal, fantastic finish but the ball from Pogba draws the keeper perfectly for him.

Herrera off for Matic very good game for Herrera tonight.

Rashford doing well on the right as well! Finally someone wants to play there!

Pogba off, everyone gives him a high five, Sanchez sat there on the bench and barely looked at him

That school boy air kick by Blind :D

Match day thread closed.

Please use existing Player Match Discussion threads or create new threads to discuss talking points in the Manchester United forum: Manchester United (link to Manchester United forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back