Premier League 2021/22: West Ham vs Man Utd ~ Sun 19th Sep 2pm KO

So annoying the handball rule is absolute nonsense you can’t get pens for kicking the ballast the arm that is 1 foot away

The heart is still going! Unbelievable drama!

How we didn’t get a penalty for that last Zouma challenge I’ll never know.

Brilliant goal from Lingard!

Still completely annoyed at these pen decisions. Ronaldo had two stonewall pens. Perhaps he's played for the first one, but that's been happening and given for decades. I don't know what Shaw can do with his arm there. He's trying to pull it back out of the way, but as his leg goes out his arm naturally follows. This season's VAR is worse than last season. Makes no sense.

Get in Dave.

Massive 3 points worked hard for them and got the points we deserved.

Buzzing for Lingard exactly the reaction you want from someone after midweek.

That last one on Ronaldo is a ridiculous decision that ref just didn’t want to give a penalty he was poor all game for both sides.

I can get the first one but the second one Zouma has slide across him even if he is already going down it’s still a penalty.

Dropping points would have been brutal

2 out of 3 penalty decisions called in correctly. I think 1 should have been given for the 2nd assault on Ronaldo, the other two were not pens. Anyway, Atkinson is an awful ref.

Great job, Messe with the winner, and outstanding for DeGea to pick today to end his penalty save drought. Good to have McT back in the side, he isn't a showy player but he does a lot of the hard work and makes us a lot stronger. First half we had some really good, cutting attacking play, passes going up through the middle instead of always out to the wings. McT with a lot of long passes. We are almost there, in terms of sharpness. Those chances will start being converted at a higher rate, Ronaldo is still warming up.

Fred has to go, if he were getting minutes from the U23s we'd say he's not ready, send him back for further development. It's criminal that he's a starter for United. Varane and Shaw were very good in defense. AWB seems to have shaken off his red but still seemed a bit chastened. Maguire looks like he's playing with a lower back injury. Every time he tried to square up an attacker, he ended up getting caught flat footed, not being able to pivot in time, which is consistent with a back pull. Would not be surprise to learn later that Maguire is playing through injury.

Hoping to start seeing more from Sancho. He's not taking any risks, which keeps the focus off him, but he's capable of so much more. I think Ole got it mostly right today with the starting XI and the subs. If he won't give VDB minutes at the end of a game like this one where we want to keep the ball in their half, I don't know what the future holds for him. VDB would have been a better option for recovering the ball, although Matic's passing is superior and led to Lingard's winner. I'd try either Matic of VDB over Fred in the next one, he's just too much of a liability.

Yeah nailed on can’t understand why the ref and assistant didn’t give it straight away.

Hate the rule though penalty is a stupidly harsh punishment when the ball gets booted at your arm from a yard away I know his arm is up but they need to bring back the deliberate part of that law.

They got away with one there. I mean they created chances and should have had a pen or two but they did end up getting away with it. But a really good 3 points away from home against a good West Ham side.

I know it was in our favour but how ridiculous was it to bring on Noble just to take the penalty? Obviously if it works it’s all roses but statistically it had more chance of failing than succeeding. Moyes pulled a massive boo boo there. You give it to Rice or Creswell and it’s probably 2-2 and we would be crying into our Horlicks.

He was cold on the bench and probably didn’t even do any kind of warm up. Factor in the high pressure situation, it was destined to fail.

West Ham don’t have a great record with pens missed 4 of their last 5 and Noble is their most reliable taker very rarely misses.

I think it was the right thing to do and a gamble worth taking just didn’t pay off.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back