Premier League 2021/22: Man Utd vs Everton ~ Sat 2nd Oct 12.30KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Not sure why but I thought the league had agreed that clubs playing in europe on Wednesday wouldn't be put in the 12.30 TV slot anymore? This is two weeks in a row we've had the early saturday kick off having played the Wednesday night game. Oh well not much we can do about that now and I'm sure that one is already pre loaded in the Ole post game interview if things go pear shaped on Saturday.

Team news obviously no Rashford and no Maguire haven't seen an update on Shaw yet probably find out more on Friday's press conference.

Telles seems to be struggling to get through the 90 minutes which isn't good so wonder if we might see Dalot move over to the left side I think I'd rather start with Telles and have to make the change later in the game if we need to.

For them Coleman, Andre Gomes, Richarlison and Calvert Lewin are all out so they're not at full strength missing key forwards we know a Rafa side will be well organised look to stay compact and spring counter attacks through the likes of Gray and Townsend and in Rondon they've got the sort of striker that Lindelof does not like playing against.

DDG

AWB Lindelof Varane Telles

Fred McTominay

Sancho Bruno Pogba

Ronaldo

I think Greenwood needs to sit one out and be the impact player off the bench I thought Sancho did well last night so I'd send him out again. In midfield I don't think the McTominay/Pogba partnership worked I think we need a bit better shape in there to stop the runs of Doucoure and stop Allan from dictating the game.

Might be a game where the subs can come on to win it having Cavani, Greenwood, Lingard off the bench against a tired defence could be what clinches it for us.

Needs a win to keep the pace with the leaders I feel we slipped up last weekend can't happen again.

Coleman, André Gomes, Delph and Richarlison are deffo out for Everton, and Calvin-Lewin is rumoured to be back on Saturday but he's got a muscle injury so it might make sense for them to hold him back until after the Internationals.

Possibly means Salomón Rondón leading the line for them then so might be time to bring Bailly in to play alongside Varane because if Lindelof plays Rondón will probably latch on to him and try and bully him, and Bailly will be more up for the fight than the Swede.

De Gea
Dalot Bailly Varane Shaw
McTom Fred
Sancho Fernandes Lingard
CR7​

Expecting a tough match for no other reason than they're Scousers but think we'll win comfortably 2/3-0 in the end.

Hope the fat Spanish Waiter gets a nice reception.

Calvert-Lewin wasn't in the England squad which suggests to me he's not playing tomorrow.

Shaw was named in the squad but you wonder if this weekend might be a bit to soon for him I guess we will hear more today.

Calvert-Lewis confirmed that he’s out.

Shaw trained today decision to be made later if he’s fit enough to play

Coleman, André Gomes, Delph and Richarlison are deffo out for Everton, and Calvin-Lewin is rumoured to be back on Saturday but he's got a muscle injury so it might make sense for them to hold him back until after the Internationals.

Possibly means Salomón Rondón leading the line for them then so might be time to bring Bailly in to play alongside Varane because if Lindelof plays Rondón will probably latch on to him and try and bully him, and Bailly will be more up for the fight than the Swede.

De Gea
Dalot Bailly Varane Shaw
McTom Fred
Sancho Fernandes Lingard
CR7​

Expecting a tough match for no other reason than they're Scousers but think we'll win comfortably 2/3-0 in the end.

Hope the fat Spanish Waiter gets a nice reception.
I think I'd prefer Greenwood on the left and keep Lionel Jesse in his preferred super sub role, but I think we all know Pogba will go there and do his usual bothered/not bothered routine.

I think I'd prefer Greenwood on the left and keep Lionel Jesse in his preferred super sub role, but I think we all know Pogba will go there and do his usual bothered/not bothered routine.

Mason isn't in the best of form and it'll do him no harm taking a backseat for a while, plus you've got to reward players that affect games as a substitute with an occasional start, and Jesse usually does well against Everton.

On Pogba, if he hasn't apologised to the Manager and his team-mates for his strop after the Villarreal match I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even in the 18 man squad.

Decent start had two great chances.

Can’t believe Martial is in the team again but ole seems to like him

Chances coming for Everton now getting in down our right side easily and our passing has gone to absolute sh*t after a good start.

Ball is being given away far to easily.

Strange half that. We started well without creating that many chances and then let Everton right back into the game, before scoring somewhat against the run of play.

Sides seem to have figured out that they can attack us on the break bc the fullbacks are advanced and McFred are easily bypassed.

Good finish at the end of a good move.

He needed a goal let’s hope that kicks him back into life you could see in his celebration he needed that.

Great touch from Bruno to set up Martial, who, other than missing a header and scoring a deflected goal (harsh) has done squat. I'd take him off for Sancho (even harsher).

Very harsh he had a decent half no worse than anyone else.

We’ve got a massive problem on corners teams counter on us all the time

1-1 absolutely thrown away our lead.

The was awful by Fred.

Dreadful goal to give away and even worse ‘defending’ by Fred. Don’t care about positional sense if you get in the right place and then can’t do what’s required.

Fred off for Pogba

All out attack now

They’ve got to be looking for a midfielder in January it’s absolute bobbins in there every match.

Very lucky to be level.

Created almost nothing second half even if they scramble a late winner this lot are going nowhere

I think replacing Fred is the absolute priority by a country mile.

You're midfield is woeful, your defense still not good enough and your manager is just a joke guys.

Spectacularly average that was. Everton a good team but we were poor in large chunks.

This lot are not a very good team.

Absolutely clueless when we have the ball players drifting all over the place then when we lose the ball it’s so easy to break through us and get shots at our goal.

1-0 up and we let in a counter attack goal just like Newcastle it’s shocking.

I see we’ve decided that conceding the headed goal from a set piece was so 2020, but getting shredded on the counter is all new and fresh for 2021. Sick and tired of getting battered in midfield every week, conceding the same goal every week and being unable to start attacks.

The goal is a copy of most goals we concede. Corner, they win the ball and Fred loses a challenge he's favourite for.

We have a problem here dont we. Either the players are not good enough or they are being badly coached. It does not matter who we play in midfield, or defence, we are ripped apart on the break. The goal they had disallowed was amateur defending

The goal is a copy of most goals we concede. Corner, they win the ball and Fred loses a challenge he's favourite for.
I am sorry mate, I know you are a big supporter of Ole, in truth I am desperate for him to succeed too, but if you keep giving the same type of goal away that has to be on the coach.

Ole is in the midst of real patch of bad form. Not sure that team selection was too good when we need to build morale and confidence

It was just like Newcastle a few weeks ago done on a counter attack at 1-0 up that should never be happening.

Fred should deal with Grey but we had 3 men on Doucoure and still let him get the ball out.

Both of them should have been bundled to the floor before that became a problem.

First half I thought we played well but that second half is probably the worst we’ve played all season

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back