Premier League 2021/22: Leicester City vs Man Utd ~ Sat 16th Oct 3pm KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
I guess we wait to see how many arrive back fully fit we already know Varane is out but I believe Fred may also miss this one as he will arrive back late from South America after qualifiers not sure if this also applies to Cavani.

Utd could be boosted by the return of Rashford and we still haven't heard any proper news about Maguire given the injury to Varane Ole will obviously be hoping his skipper is ready.

Leicester had a pretty poor start to the season they currently sit 13th played 7 won 2 drawn 2 lost 3 and recent form is lost 2 drawn 2 so not exactly coming in hot but they've always given us tough games so Utd will need to be on it. For Leicester the big miss for them so far this seaon has been Fofana who was a rock for them at the back last season.

DDG

AWB Bailly Lindelof Shaw

McTominay Matic

Greenwood Bruno Pogba

Ronaldo

My guess is it'll be Rashford off the bench rather than from the start and he may need to look to bring Matic in from the start with Fred's late return.

Sadly can see us dropping points here I think 1-1 draw.

I like that team, considering inuries, although I think Sancho deserves a start on the right.

Yeah I think it's fair to say give Sancho a start I'd happily see him start on either wing Lingard is knocking on the door for a start as well with his recent form but there's just so much to chose from. I've said on other threads I'd really like to see him start picking a more settled team just to try and build some understanding between the players.

Not a fan of starting Matic to be honest think he will struggle with the speed of the game early on but just don't see the alternatives the McTominay/Pogba midfield really doesn't work so he might look to start Pogba on the bench so he can bring him into midfield fresh later in the game.

Not the most accurate place for injuries but best i've got (according to the Fantasy PL App).

Varane - out
Maguire - 25% chance of playing (so out)
Fred - 50% chance of playing
Rashford - 50% chance of playing
Cavani 50% chance of playing

From that I'd say Varane and Maguire will be out, I reckon Rashford will be on the bench the other two won't be risked.

Leicester
Evans - 50% chance of playing
Justin - out
Fofana - out
Ndidi - out

Think they're desperate to get Evans back in as they've been shipping goals for fun this season.

It's clear to me, with out terrible midfield, Maguire and Varane out, we are not going to get the points we need from these games to keep our season alive.

We need to adopt a strategy of we'll score more than you or accept our season is over in 3 weeks.

Change the bloody formation Ole!

What can he change it to though?

His best players are his attackers for me 4-2-3-1 is the best way to get the maximum number of those on the pitch as he can be brave and play Pogba in that midfield 2.

Whatever formation you come up with the midfield solution is still crap as the players he's got to pick from aren't up to it and with Ronaldo up top we don't press the opponent to stop counters which means the midfield is going to be covering a lot of ground.

Really for this run of games Utd need our players to find some individual form and get back to their best and that goes for pretty much all of the outfield players they need to cut out the individual errors that cost us and be at the top of their games as some sort of tactical revolution that saves us won't be coming.

At Leicester I expect us to go for them and try to outscore them vs Liverpool/City I'm expecting us to drop off stay compact and try for counter attacks.

Not sure what we formation we can change to?

AWB Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Matic Pogba

Greenwood Bruno Sancho

Ronaldo

Could maybe go back 3 and tuck either AWB or Shaw in as one of the centre backs then play Dalot or Telles as wing backs but I don't think we'd want any of these two in the team regularly.

If you back to a back 3 that either means you lose a winger or you lose a number 10.

You could play 3-4-3 with Bruno in behind two strikers like Ronaldo/Greenwood? Or Bruno and Sancho off Ronaldo sort of how Chelsea play with 2 number 10's off the main striker.

Whatever way you cut the cake in terms of formation our midfield will still be a problem as we don't have a proper holding midfielder so the midfield 3 system won't ever work and we don't have a combination that can play as a two.

Fundamentally I don't think the system really matters at this point we have to many players who don't look after the ball well enough which means we give it away a lot sometimes under no pressure at all and we have no real pressing system so we are really vulnerable to counters.

We just need to hope that enough of our insanely talented players turn up looking near their best.

I’m pretty confident about this. Leicester aren’t in great form and while we are in a little slump as well, I think our big game players will turn up and we’ll knock this one out the park

3-1 United.

Yeah form is a tricky one to judge as the international breaks I think almost give you a chance to reset and start fresh as players will all come back in a different mood to the ones they left in. Some will be flying high like Varane, Pogba and Martial who won with France others might come back a bit glum if they lost a key match for qualification.

Looking at his comments he's ruled out Fred, Cavani and Maguire.

Would be very surprised if Matic didn’t start this one. What with Fred and McT’s poor form plus his added height in set piece situations.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's the team I wanted except Maguire is fit so comes in for Bailly.

Im going positive 3-1 ,Ronnie bags 2 and Sancho grabs his first.
I know i know glutton for punishment but come on you never know

It doesn't matter who plays in midfield we don't have any control. I said at the start of the season that if they don't address the midfield that will struggle to challenge. Tbh I feel like I have been saying that for about 10 years.

Blimey, that second half was hard to watch, Leicester breezed past our ‘midfield’ and to lose in the fashion we did, the heat just got a lot hotter.
surely we can’t go on like this can we ?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back