Premier League 2020/21: Wolves vs Man Utd ~ Sun 23rd May 16:00 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Season finale in front of a crowd at Wolves.

Can only assume it will be a heavily rotated Utd side with a few youngsters on show as we prepare for the Europa League final next week.

I wonder if we might see Martial in this one.

Got to be looking at a few of the kids getting starts.

I would like to see the kids and three cameos of senior team who need that final tune-up. Bring Pogba, Bruno, and Greenwood in at the 70th minute. This game is not important; the final is. If anyone we need in the final gets injured there's no excuse.

has to play the kids only thing on oles mind is the final so he will rest all the key players.

It'll be kids with the bench players guys like Telles, Matic, VDB & Mata will surely all start the game if Dan James is fit he'll start as well.

Sounds like it's going to be Henderson in goal.

Tough one at centre back does he bring an academy lad in to protect Lindelof/Bailly as there's nil chance Maguire is making that final if he's still hobbling around in that protective boot.

That boot is a bluff.....................................................................

It'll be kids with the bench players guys like Telles, Matic, VDB & Mata will surely all start the game if Dan James is fit he'll start as well.

Sounds like it's going to be Henderson in goal.

Tough one at centre back does he bring an academy lad in to protect Lindelof/Bailly as there's nil chance Maguire is making that final if he's still hobbling around in that protective boot.
Not sure he can play Matic if McT and Fred are injury concerns. Is Garner eligible for this game?

Not sure he can play Matic if McT and Fred are injury concerns. Is Garner eligible for this game?

I’m not 100% but I doubt returning loan players will be available as you’d assume their fixed loan periods ran to end of May to cover playoffs.

It’s actually tricky for him to rest everyone unless he plays one of the keepers on pitch.

Romero
Williams - Bailly - Jones
Mata - Fred - Matic
Shoretire - James - Martial - Amad

Let everyone but Shoretire and Amad get one last run-out in a United shirt before they are sacked at full time.

Phil Jones was at the premier of that new Fergie film last night he's registered in the PL squad so maybe he makes a surprise appearance.

I think he'll give Bruno and Pogba minutes, not sure Greenwood is going to start the final so I expect to see him too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No Jones No Party.

Good to see a few kids get an outing

Wolves playing the best XI is odd last day you’d think just drop in the sub keeper and a few kids absolutely nothing to play for.

Commentators on one.

- It would have been Williams first goal for United (scored before)
- Here's Wan Bissaka. (Isn't on the pitch)

Trying to say that isn’t a penalty as well.

That’s just stupid by the defender kicked the player when the ball is long gone.

Nice to see Mata get a goal in what could be his last game at Utd.

Dan James reminding me of Welbeck there.

Lovely play by Amad had a good game here

Nice to see the kids getting a run out and Mata getting a goal in what surely has to be his final match.

Final days away are always something of a let down, and this seemed more like a Wolves sending Nuno off thing than celebrating the kids and going a full season undefeated away from OT, something that’s only happened 4 times in history.

Leicester chucking it again, and letting Chelsea back themselves in has annoyed me more than it should. Rogers is a fraud and who will always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of success. Leicester won’t even finish in the top 6 next season. Bah!!!

How did Elanga and Amad look for United?

Amad looked good some nice footwork and passing maybe needs to fill out a bit before he’s really ready but for a young lad played a clever game dropping off to find space.

Elanga took his goal well had 2 other chances that he maybe will think he could have done better with but battled hard throughout.

Hannibal also did well in his little cameo clever feet to get out of trouble and moved the ball well.

The kids are alright. Elanga had that bullet header from James' cross (and it was a peach of a cross), Amad looked okay, the player who looked like he should have been in a lot earlier was Hannibal. I think a lot of our players really faded in the second half, just a normal consequence of not playing regularly. I don't remember Shoretire doing anything with the ball, and Will Fish's few moments not sure if he got the ball either. The issue our starlets are having is they try the same tricks that cut through opposition U23 players but senior players don't fall for it. Amad tried a number of times to jink past BoLy but he stopped him nearly every time. That's the Catch-22 they face: they are too good for the U23 but have to face senior players to really see if they are ready. I'd guess all 4 go on loan: Amad, Elanga, Shoretire, Fish. They are pretty much done with the U23s and probably not ready to start for us.

Good finish to the league season,just hope ole is fully backed in the market this summer so we can challenge next season.
i want to congratulate man city on the record they beat today,not aguero scoring most for 1 club but the emptished had a 10000 crowd,there biggest by a country mile

The kids are alright. Elanga had that bullet header from James' cross (and it was a peach of a cross), Amad looked okay, the player who looked like he should have been in a lot earlier was Hannibal. I think a lot of our players really faded in the second half, just a normal consequence of not playing regularly. I don't remember Shoretire doing anything with the ball, and Will Fish's few moments not sure if he got the ball either. The issue our starlets are having is they try the same tricks that cut through opposition U23 players but senior players don't fall for it. Amad tried a number of times to jink past BoLy but he stopped him nearly every time. That's the Catch-22 they face: they are too good for the U23 but have to face senior players to really see if they are ready. I'd guess all 4 go on loan: Amad, Elanga, Shoretire, Fish. They are pretty much done with the U23s and probably not ready to start for us.

Think Boly was just a bit to clever and strong for the young lads he wasn't going to fall for the tricks like you say and as soon as they knock it past him he'd just use his body to block them and then beat them on the turn. He's a good defender.

I don't think Shoretire will go on loan my guess is he'll step up full time to the U23 next season most of his games this season were for the under 18's I think?

Going to be tough for any of them to break into the first team in the attacking positions unless there are injuries but I would expect Amad to stay around the first team next season he's cost a lot of money so I think they'll look to use him from the bench. Another issue is that next season we will be back to 3 subs in all comps and only 7 on the bench so smaller match day squads might mean opportunities are limited.

CL football as well means less midweek games against weaker opponents.

I wonder if we couldn't send all 4 of them on loan to the same club and let them develop some chemistry together. They're also used to playing quickly through teams and you can see them starting to make runs that aren't spotted by Matic or VdB who are playing a lot slower. Going somewhere together and developing partnerships could be an interesting approach.

CL football as well means less midweek games against weaker opponents
The first I heard of the new Euro comp was yesterday, apparantly it cuts the Europa games down, which is one positive from it. But again, UEFA exploiting the teams. No wonder they've had enough of them

The first I heard of the new Euro comp was yesterday, apparantly it cuts the Europa games down, which is one positive from it. But again, UEFA exploiting the teams. No wonder they've had enough of them

Hadn't heard that one I thought it was less English clubs going into it but the format was still the same.

Think if you finish 3rd in Europa League group stage you now drop into the Europa Conference.

It's just that extra knockout round that needs to go those extra 2 games just after Xmas absolutely kill you in the league as everyone else is putting their feet up recovering while you're playing every midweek.

Fingers crossed next season we don't suffer the 3rd place punishment of Europa League football.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back