Premier League 2020/21: Manchester United vs Sheffield United (Weds 27th Jan - 20:15pm)

SuperRash

Next game up against bottom side Sheffield United at OT. On paper should be an easy win but you never know with midweek games - they can sometimes produce funky results. However, we should win and quite comfortably. SU have been very toothless this season and also not as strong at the back.

I suspect we will probably go pretty strong but mindful we do have Arsenal away at the weekend.

De Gea

AWB - Bailly - Maguire - Shaw

Matic - Pogba

Greenwood - Fernandes - Rashford

Martial

Remains to be seen whether Rashford will be fit but I don’t expect Cavani to start regardless as he’ll be important against Arsenal. Could put Pogba on the left and bring in Fred/McT if Rashford doesn’t make it.

Yeah will be interesting to see how Ole decides to play this one on paper it's easy but how much can he risk in terms of changes.

I do agree this one is a game for Matic they might look to give VDB another start alongside him but the temptation will be to start the regulars and hope they can get the game won early and allow you to then bring them off.

Will we get an Ighalo farewell appearance? This is potentially his last game at Old Trafford.

Does he look to put Diallo on the bench for this one?

I think it'll be a strong team Rashford probably won't start after limping off and you imagine Cavani will be on the bench after playing back to back games so he might have to shuffle the pack a bit in the forward lines maybe a start for Mata or something like that.

I think Baily and Telles will start give Shaw a rest , I also think Cavani should be rested after starting 2 games in a row also although I think he’s more suited to this game then the Arsenal game, the Arsenal game worries me because of there form we’re expected to beat them and this is the type of game we lose but Sheffield United first and come on you reds!

I was just looking for this thread and was about to start a new one.

The next 12 days are mental. Everyone will play 4 league games in 11/12 days before the next round of the FA Cup. Things could change very quickly. This is a must win game as the three that follow are difficult ones and they're in such a short period of time that you lose one and the confidence drop could impact the others as no space to get back up.

The players are going to have to suck it up a bit and deal with it. They want a rest get the job done inside the first half and control the ball in the second. Next chance to really rest people is the West Ham game.

Only ones I think he'll rest are Lindelof whose returning from injury, Shaw who we have a good back up for these games, Cavani who surely will struggle with 3 in a week. Though depending on Rashford he might not get a rest either.

De Gea

AWB Bailly Maguire Telles

Fred Pogba

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Martial

Yep the fixture list is crazy at the moment

27th Jan Sheff Utd (H)
30th Jan Arsenal (A)
2nd Feb Southampton (H)
8th Feb Everton (H) - Date is TBC
10th Feb West Ham (H) - FA Cup

Those last league games will definitely be moved forward a day or two because of our progress in the cup as we can't be expected to play Monday and Wednesday.

He's got to be sensible about using the squad not only to keep the starters fresh but also to keep the subs up to speed so when they do come in they are up to full match speed.

The more you look at it the more you can see him making some changes for this game.

Yep the fixture list is crazy at the moment

27th Jan Sheff Utd (H)
30th Jan Arsenal (A)
2nd Feb Southampton (H)
8th Feb Everton (H) - Date is TBC
10th Feb West Ham (H) - FA Cup

Those last league games will definitely be moved forward a day or two because of our progress in the cup as we can't be expected to play Monday and Wednesday.

He's got to be sensible about using the squad not only to keep the starters fresh but also to keep the subs up to speed so when they do come in they are up to full match speed.

The more you look at it the more you can see him making some changes for this game.
Might come back and bite me but I’m more worried about the Southampton game then the Arsenal game.

Might come back and bite me but I’m more worried about the Southampton game then the Arsenal game.

Our record against Arsenal hasn't been great Ole hasn't actually beaten them in his 4 games against them despite them being crap they seem to keep doing a number on us which is annoying. Got a feeling Southampton keep nicking points off us especially at home think both those games will be physically tough close games where we'll need to be at our best to get 3 points.

If you're going for titles from those 4 games you've got to be thinking 9-10 points.

You can't take any game for granted if we lost this game suddenly confidence is rocked going into to tougher games needing the points. The one game at a time thing seems cliche but I think that's how Ole has to play it this season and you just have to see how the team comes through it after each game.

If a player is clearly shattered and the physio's think he's at high risk of injury then you have to rest them but if the physio's say they're all good you probably just chuck them in again and play the strongest team possible for the 3 points.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hard to argue with that line up.

Bailly injured?

Big chance for Tuanzebe not had much of a look in this season

0-1 soft goal on a set piece been on top all game.

De Gea has to be stronger and more dominant but even then get in the refs face about the nudge in the back

Going to be tough breaking through this 8 man defensive wall still plenty of time

Should be 1-1 VAR is so shocking.

Keeper gets a nudge a fumbles foul given our keeper gets nudged and misses a punch no foul.

Think give it 15-20 if they’ve still got nowhere get Cavani on and be more direct.

We just never have easy games do we. No games where we are 3 or 4 up at half time. Personally I think we have problems up front. Really not great strikers.

Martial coming off the front a lot but no ones going into the space he leaves so the whole team is in front of their defence.

Just think on the whole the passing has been slow we’ve not really pulled them out of shape with either a quick passing move or a player beating his man one vs one.

1-1 Maguire

Good old slab head finally hits the target from a set piece.

Horrible marking by them he got a free run and header

1-2 Burke

Nonsense defending from us.

They’ve gone near our goal twice and scored twice pathetic why has no one gone and marked him.

Martial has been absolutely terrible. I would stop short of saying anybody is a coward but de gea certainly is not the bravest.

They've not won away for over a year :D
Dodgy back pass they are saying on the radio, and questions why DDG didn't put it in the stands

Martial needs subbed not sure who we turn to but he’s just miles off it at the moment.

Imagine gifting 2 goals to this lot.

@Mr C De Gea. Couldn’t blast it away took the pass from a yard he did enough but we just let Burke stand there alone and get two shots off. Everyone watching no one taking responsibility. They got bloody lucky with the deflection as it was a rubbish shot straight at De Gea

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back