Premier League 2020/21: Manchester United vs Sheffield United (Weds 27th Jan - 20:15pm)

Terrible performance you can’t gift teams goals like we have tonight.

3/10’s all around for everyone.

Teams have off nights and odd results happen you just have to brush it off and go again.

Humbling night but these things can happen and I said in my opening post midweek games can give funky results at times.

Just got to bounce back now, tough game against Arsenal coming up.

Yep it’s all about bouncing back now no point dwelling on it bad day at the office move on.

Think the attackers just couldn’t work out a way through and the defence offered up some gifts.

Marginal call on the first goal should have gone our way but they got lucky and we got punished.

It is not just an off night though really. We have been able to see this coming game after game.

This side isn’t good enough to blow teams away it gives away to many silly goals you can’t keep going behind and starting game slowly. It’s why they won’t win leagues so need to master the routine easy win but this one is now gone you’ve got to now go to Arsenal and win to put it right.

I agree Martial needs binning off I’m sick of the guy Rashford can be hit and miss at times but Martial has been awful this season and shouldn’t be getting regular games.

Ole will have found out which players will not continue with us on the journey. Martial offers nothing to our play. It spoke volumes that when Martial gave the ball away, it was Bruno that sprinted back the length of the pitch to make a last ditch tackle. Martial is just too lazy for me. Needs benching permanently.

Such poor decision making by most of the team, De Gea should have put the ball out of play, Rashford barely passed to a team mate, slow ponderous play at the back again. We know this team are not ready to challenge but we expect a much better performance.

Mata was the substitution Ole should have made. This was not the match for VDB to unlock their defense. We needed a bit more guile and creativity than we had. Our forwards didn't show up tonight. Telles still doesn't look at full health. As a team we had too many passes going astray, our own sloppiness hurt us. Disappointing result.

I think it's a learning curve for this team, forget the big win, the next game is always the biggest

It needed some players who can go one vs one and make a difference drive through the opponent create the gaps in that defence with quick movement.

The like of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood who provide that drive past defenders all had shockers tonight the touch was poor and decision making was poor it was to easy to defend against us. Starved us of space in behind and we didn’t really have an answer to that problem tonight.

Ole just didn’t have a player he could turn to for that extra drive I think Shaw coming on made sense as did Cavani I personally would have hooked Martial not Greenwood but might have been fitness related.

Gutted that we can't even celebrate Maguire hitting the target from a corner.

Martial had a shocker tonight and tuenzebe also no urgency in pressing the play down martial hasn’t really been any good for a while for us Sancho takes his Spot IMO

The way we bounce back from this defeat will show how far we have come as a team mentally. Not easy games against Arsenal, Southampton and Everton coming up, so if we can come out of them games with full points or even 7 then it shows we have grown.

Awful night last night but results like this come along every once in a while, so meh move on and forget about it. We are still in a very good position and higher than anyone of us thought we would be I’m sure at this stage.

Thought Ole's post game comments were bang on he made his point about the decision on the first goal and ours that was disallowed but didn't really offer it as an excuse just said as a team we were not at it on the night. Players not sprinting out to the ball when defending no real urgency in the attack we just weren't at the races and if you play like that you can get caught out even against a weak side.

These are the quotes clipped from the BBC so not necessarily the order they were said in.

"I'm disappointed we couldn't get to the heights of the last few months' football we played," said Solskjaer.

"That little spark, that edge, we didn't have that. Nor the extra creativity, imagination and the X-factor we've had.

"And the two wrong decisions, that's how it is. It's that kind of season - inconsistent - and the referee missed those two."

"There is no time to feel sorry for ourselves," said Solskjaer, whose team travel to in-form Arsenal on Saturday.

"Other teams have lost and bounced back - and we have done it before."

"I expect our performance to be much better on Saturday," added the Norwegian after Wednesday's defeat.

"When I see them in the morning, I expect to see their mood back up."

I do think there's still work to do with this team when they're faced by a team who are just sitting in defending deep at home having ways of getting that break through goal which is so important.

They go to City next and you just know they'll get beaten 5-0 by them because that is how football works.

Disgraceful performance and result, you can't consider yourself to be title contenders and drop 3 points at home to one of the worst teams in the league. Nowhere near good enough, need to bounce back right away from this one.

Not that it matters now but Ole has had the referee delegates report and they’ve decided both decisions were wrong the Sheff Utd goal should have been disallowed and Martial’s goal should have stood.

We've gone with the big game midfield. Fred and McT start.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back