Premier League 2020-21: Manchester United vs Newcastle (Sun 21st Feb - 7pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRash

Next game up against Newcastle who lie near the bottom so in theory should be an easy game. But hey with the performances against Sheff Utd and WBA no game can be taken for granted. They are also missing Wilson who is out for a few months so they have lost one of their biggest threats.

Expect us to go full string, only question marks I guess are whether De Gea or Henderson and Lindelof or Bailly. Have a little feeling Matic will start this one as well.

De Gea

AWB - Bailly - Maguire - Shaw

Matic - McTominay

Greenwood - Fernandes - Rashford

Martial​

That’s how I think we will ultimately go with De Gea getting the nod over Henderson again. Not sure about the status of Cavani’s injury but with a muscle injury I doubt he’ll be back for this one.

4-0 United.

McTominay, VDB and Cavani are all doubts and Pogba is out.

Not sure Bailly will play two games in a week if he can I’d start him and rest him midweek.

Talk of a Covid outbreak doing the rounds today.

How much blame should OGS take for United’s title collapse?

Same amount of praise he should get for putting us in the race I guess. City’s relentless winning run has maybe exaggerated our slump but for sure that slump needs to be ended today with a win.

I don’t think he’s done a huge amount wrong he’s lost a key player in Pogba to injury, seen players make silly errors and in my opinion had some shocking VAR decisions go against his team in the last month. On the last one I acknowledge we did have a few soft ones go our way earlier in the season but we’ve had 2 goals allowed against us in tight games for clear fouls.

I think the team has hit a bit of a wall maybe physically but certainly mentally confidence has been shattered with 5 or 6 key starting players all losing form at the same time. De Gea, Maguire, Lindelof, Fred and Rashford have all hit a rocky patch at the same time. Martial being useless isn’t helping either it’s often meant he hasn’t really been able to go to the bench and find a game changing player.

One thing I’d like to see Ole sort out straight away is the lethargic way we start matches both in the first and second half we rarely seem to get going for 15 minutes we can’t keep doing that. That is certainly something I feel a manager should be able to sort out.

In fairness, who could have kept up with City? Probably top 2 in Europe right now, with Bayern.
Appears to be much better man-manager than ZZ.
Then again, how hard is that?

Dreadful start as per usual.

Really starting to wind me up.

Rashford on the left makes so much more sense than Rashford on the right.

Another stupid goal to concede. Looked as if Maguire is the only person attempting to defend.

We need to turn up in the second half, Newcastle deservedly level.

Awful. Defence slow. No creativity in midfield. No movement up front. This is the problem with oles United. We go on a great run and put ourselves in a good position, then overnight we are playing with no confidence

What is wrong with this lot every bloody game start each half like the first 5-10 don’t count.

Jena's can't even work out who Fred was attempting to pass the ball to

Maguire getting slated on the BBC feed again. I'll reserve judgement until MoTD

Maguire getting slated on the BBC feed again. I'll reserve judgement until MoTD

Not sure why to be honest he’s been no better or worse than everyone else.

Poor performances all over the place lucky to be ahead.

Greenwood on for Martial.

Martial should not be anywhere near this side at the moment he’s in rotten form.

Not sure how much else he's meant to do coming backwards on to the ball. Doesn't help he was the only player defending the box.

I can see why people that look to criticise him would jump on it but think it's extremely harsh. Possibly could have put it out for a corner? What else could he have done?

But he gets his head on the ball gets it out and where is any other player that should be reacting? Why's he the only United player in the danger area. Shocking defending again.

Not sure how much else he's meant to do coming backwards on to the ball. Doesn't help he was the only player defending the box.

I can see why people that look to criticise him would jump on it but think it's extremely harsh. Possibly could have put it out for a corner? What else could he have done?

But he gets his head on the ball gets it out and where is any other player that should be reacting? Why's he the only United player in the danger area. Shocking defending again.
Has to head it out for a corner instead of heading it back into the danger area.

One of the worst of the season. James was good though!! Shaw good. Not sure anyone else leaves the game with credit.
Agree, thought James was good.

Yeah can understand expecting him to head it out for the corner. Was possibly the only option. But we are so poor at defending them that it's probably a bad idea anyway.

Do think he's been let down though he's the only player defending and no one else had reacted to him getting the ball.

Greenwood on for Martial.

Martial should not be anywhere near this side at the moment he’s in rotten form.
Martial is too easy to defend against. We looked much more of a threat with Greenwood, whose first instinct is to turn and run or shoot.

Yeah can understand expecting him to head it out for the corner. Was possibly the only option. But we are so poor at defending them that it's probably a bad idea anyway.

Do think he's been let down though he's the only player defending and no one else had reacted to him getting the ball.
Also, no one closed down the player who put in the cross, he had so much time and space on the edge of our penalty area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back