Premier League 2020/21 Man Utd vs Spurs Sun 4th Oct 16.30 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Games on Sky Sports for those in the UK.

Be interesting to see if Ole considers some changes off the back of the league cup games a few players have given him decisions to make in terms of the starting XI.

Spurs have had a horrible schedule I believe Son is injured and Bale not ready yet so Kane will be the obvious focal point of the attack.

I do think on paper we are much stronger than them it's all about can we bring up our performance levels to where they should be now that we've had a few games.

Going into an international break a win is vital for the mood around the club it's been a tricky start but if anyone has got more excuses than us it is Spurs and we know Jose won't be afraid of using them post game if Utd take the points.

I don't think he's going to make any changes to the side that started last week at Brighton that is his best XI and I think he will go with it again.

Yeh back to the tired and tested I think though I'd love to see DVB given a go, and maybe Bailly.

As @jsp says I think we have too much quality for this Spurs side though it would be a different proposition with Son and breadstick legs Bale in the starting XI.

And lastly, I'm still miffed how we can start the biggest league in the world and 4 games in have 'break' to watch rubbish international friendlies! Most of the England boys aren't firing for club yet let alone with unfamiliar players for England. Bad, bad timing.

Red Warrior...
...l’m with you, hate these international breaks. Especially at the start of the season.
Never watch.

We've already had an international round as well before the league even started.

Fully expect players to come back with Covid as well from their travels which then will impact teams in the league.

Good news for us is Greenwood has been dropped for being top shagger along with Foden on the last trip and AWB/Shaw didn't make the squad so they get a bit of rest.

Not sure they want the rest though surely at this point you want games to get yourself up to full speed.

We need to make serious improvement in our goal difference this season. I want to win this by 3 clear goals.

Just need the 3 points to be honest don’t really care how they come 6 points from 9 is an ok start from the fixtures we had.

I know the league table means nothing so early but never nice seeing Utd on the second page 6 points keeps us close enough to the pack more dropped points and a dodgy end to transfers could lead to a very toxic two weeks.

We cant keep scraping by in games, we need to start winning games emphatically as part of our progress.
That's Chelsea winning 4-0, how do you expect us to compete with we dont aim to score more goals.

3 points is essential on Sunday. Doesn’t matter if it’s 1-0, 2-1, 3-2.
United need the win,
If ownership is unwilling to back him in the transfer market, he has to make good with the squad he has.

I agree against certain teams you need healthy wins but Spurs are a good side so you shouldn’t expect to stick 4 past them would be great if we did but got to be realistic.

De Gea

AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw

Matic Pogba

Greenwood Fernandes Rashford

Martial

Subs: Henderson, Lindelof, Fred, Lingard, Mata, McTominay, VDB

Patience run out with Lindelof

Son starts for Spurs.

This will be a game where our defence can be judged. With Kane and Son starting for Spurs they will likely be tested.

Glad to see Lindelöf dropped for Bailly but he needs to back up the faith with a good performance. Spurs are going to be a real test.

How the hell did we go 1-0 up in the second minute and found ourselves 2-1 down after 7?

Talk about gifting goals both defences handing out gifts like it’s Christmas Day.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back