Premier League 2020/21: Man Utd vs Liverpool Sun 2nd May 16:30 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
So it's the big one that is actually a huge game for Liverpool nothing less than 3 points will do for them if they want to remain in the top 4 hunt 4 points off the pace with 5 games to go.

They've actually found a bit of form recently 3 wins and 2 draws in the last 5.

For Utd it's all about cementing second spot City could actually wrap up the title if we lose and they win this weekend but that ship has long sailed and a win could mathmatically secure our top 4 spot if others fail to win.

Anyway that's the maths lesson over in terms of injuries didn't look like anyone picked up an injury last night and does that 4 goal cushion allow Ole to go a little stronger than he maybe planned for this game? I think we might see Bailly return to the defence to give Lindelof a rest and I can't see Cavani starting.

Predicted XI

Henderson

AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred

James Bruno Pogba

Greenwood

Would be great to land a hammer blow to their top 4 hopes for next season

Hate this fixture. Hate that club. Hate that ground. Hate the sight of them signing that cringeworthy song and pretending like this means more. Hate their gurning manager with his fake teeth and stupid excuses. Hate everything about those Scouse bastards, and most of all, hate losing to them. Don’t care how, just win baby. The more it hurts them, the better.

Hate this fixture. Hate that club. Hate that ground. Hate the sight of them signing that cringeworthy song and pretending like this means more. Hate their gurning manager with his fake teeth and stupid excuses. Hate everything about those Scouse bastards, and most of all, hate losing to them. Don’t care how, just win baby. The more it hurts them, the better.
But other than that, you don’t mind them? :p

Feel like it could be a bit of a drab affair with both sides cancelling each other out, although hammering them would be mightily preferable! I think a win for us would pretty much cement the second place as I would hope we wouldn’t throw it away from there.

Rashford needs a little rest so hope Greenwood starts. Think we can put out full strength as we could make a couple of changes for the Roma second leg.

I'd still go full strength. The drop-off from starter to sub is precipitous. Start with our best, hopefully start aggressively on the front foot, get a couple goals, then rest players.

If we have to rest players it's the Roma game. Need to beat Liverpool

But other than that, you don’t mind them? :p

Feel like it could be a bit of a drab affair with both sides cancelling each other out, although hammering them would be mightily preferable! I think a win for us would pretty much cement the second place as I would hope we wouldn’t throw it away from there.

Rashford needs a little rest so hope Greenwood starts. Think we can put out full strength as we could make a couple of changes for the Roma second leg.
I could add the hatchet job they do on the English language but, yeah. :p

Agreed. Beat them and rest in the second leg vs Roma. This is the wrong time to start losing momentum and faltering to the finish line.

Team: Henderson, Wan Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Fred, McTominay, Pogba, Fernandes, Greenwood, Rashford.

Hard to see it going ahead if they are still clearing the ground and still at the hotel.

Big statement against the owners

Going to be tricky to fit this game in now.

Our only free date currently is 16/17th May but Liverpool have a match scheduled on that day.

Liverpool will have to move that game away to West Brom forward to fit the Utd game in.

Can’t see that happening not sure the league would want to give them 3 points given the top 4 race.

Scheduling problems, there is a list of dates at the bottom of this article

Problem is this involves moving the West Brom game who are fighting relegation which is not 100% confirmed... even if it is 99% certain they will go down.

My guess is they'll hold off until after the weekend if West Brom are relegated they'll move their game with Liverpool forward and have Utd vs Liverpool on the 16th/17th May.

The game is rearranged for the 13th. United will play

Thursday - Roma
Sunday - Villa
Tuesday - Leicester
Thursday - Liverpool

Good lord. Thankfully they don't mean all that much. Beat Villa and Leicester and we're pretty much second. Beating the Scouse and stopping them from coming 4th would be lovely but they need that one more than we do. Interesting to see what happens if the Leicester match gets called off as well.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back