Premier League 2020/21: Man Utd vs Leicester Tue 11th May 18:00 KO

We aren’t the best at defending set pieces
Not sure we're very good at attacking them either. Every time we get a corner I know nothing will happen

Not bothered about this result, pleased we hurt the scousers. No CL for them will hurt their transfer budget. And Thursday football

Not sure we're very good at attacking them either. Every time we get a corner I know nothing will happen

Not bothered about this result, pleased we hurt the scousers. No CL for them will hurt their transfer budget. And Thursday football

Only really got 1 player who attacks the ball on the pitch unless Cavani starts.

Maguire has that Smalling thing where he wins loads of headers on attacking corners but rarely hits the target with the amount he wins he should be getting 4 or 5 a season.

He’s there as a blocker but he’s not tight enough and allows the opponent to get a free run.

It was just a case of not being fully focused when you’ve just come on.

We aren’t the best at defending set pieces
Only as a blocker? He's 6ft bloody 2in tall!
Disappointing, but a decent effort. Was surprised at Mata, almost anonymous. But surely there must be a better reserve RB at OT than Williams?

Disappointing, but a decent effort. Was surprised at Mata, almost anonymous. But surely there must be a better reserve RB at OT than Williams?
Telles was just as bad.

Being tall doesn't automatically make you good in the air though it's all about timing and reading the flight of the ball.

The way Utd defend corners is a group of players marking a zone across the 6 yard line then the rest of players are really their to just try and block the runs of the opponents so that they don't get to attack the ball. Rashford just wasn't alert enough he let his man get away from him so he got a clear run which meant he could get up above Maguire.

I think everyone loves Mata seems a top guy but lets be honest his input for the last 2 seasons on the pitch has been close to nil and really the club I think should have let him move on last summer rather than renew his contract.

Williams has hardly kicked a ball all season seems to have totally lost the faith of the manager since the lockdown in the middle of last season as he barely featured when the league restarted either. I think he'll be sold or certainly out on loan last season.

The more exciting prospect coming through is Ethan Laird who's been out on loan at MK Dons for the last 6 months and done well but he gets a lot of injuries which will probably stop him making it at Utd.

Williams has hardly kicked a ball all season seems to have totally lost the faith of the manager since the lockdown in the middle of last season as he barely featured when the league restarted either. I think he'll be sold or certainly out on loan last season.
Williams has been terrible the three or four games he's played at RB, and he wasn't very good at LB either. That's why he's not played

Williams has been terrible the three or four games he's played at RB, and he wasn't very good at LB either. That's why he's not played

I think he'd shown some positive signs before the lockdown playing at left back, wind the clock back to when he made the break through most people wanted him in the team at left back ahead of Shaw last season. Since that lockdown Shaw has just gone to another level in terms of his performances a total transformation has happened over the last year with him. To be fair think quite a few of Williams better games played when Utd played a back 3 and he was more of a wing back which allowed him to get forward which was one of his strengths.

Since the lockdown whenever he's played he's been poor at either left back or right back but this happens with young players there's always some backwards steps as they progress.

Utd probably need to get him out on loan next season playing some regular football either in the prem or for a decent championship side because he's just not going to get enough games at Utd.

I think he'd shown some positive signs before the lockdown playing at left back, wind the clock back to when he made the break through most people wanted him in the team at left back ahead of Shaw last season. Since that lockdown Shaw has just gone to another level in terms of his performances a total transformation has happened over the last year with him. To be fair think quite a few of Williams better games played when Utd played a back 3 and he was more of a wing back which allowed him to get forward which was one of his strengths.

Since the lockdown whenever he's played he's been poor at either left back or right back but this happens with young players there's always some backwards steps as they progress.

Utd probably need to get him out on loan next season playing some regular football either in the prem or for a decent championship side because he's just not going to get enough games at Utd.
Are we discussing the same Williams? Seen better playing.in the Sunday pub league!

Are we discussing the same Williams? Seen better playing.in the Sunday pub league!

There's no point trying to change history last season when he made his break through he put in some really impressive performances at left back but since the league shutdown last March he's never got back to anything like that level.

He's a young player they have set backs as they go but he's not playing enough football at the moment to develop so he needs to go and learn.

He's playing first team football in the premier league at 20 years old he's 21 this summer so he's still a kid he only really ended up in the first team because of injuries.

There's no point trying to change history last season when he made his break through he put in some really impressive performances at left back but since the league shutdown last March he's never got back to anything like that level.

He's a young player they have set backs as they go but he's not playing enough football at the moment to develop so he needs to go and learn.

He's playing first team football in the premier league at 20 years old he's 21 this summer so he's still a kid he only really ended up in the first team because of injuries.
If you're good enough, your old enough. This lad has no talent whatsoever and should be sold to whoever would take him. Best deal, player plus cash for Max Aaron of Norwich. Different class!

If you're good enough, your old enough. This lad has no talent whatsoever and should be sold to whoever would take him. Best deal, player plus cash for Max Aaron of Norwich. Different class!

Plenty of players weren't good enough for first team football at 19 and went on to become stars Williams got chucked in because we were short of options but he's struggling just don't think he's ready and maybe he won't make it at Utd. Think you should show a bit of respect to the lad and give him a chance. I'd genuinely love to see him on a football pitch with you not only would you not get anywhere near him when he's got the ball he'd also smash you into pieces if you tried to take the ball off him. I've played against a few pro's in charity games and it's hilarious how much better they are than everyone else on the pitch and you can tell they aren't even trying.

So you want to sign Aarons to sit on the bench every week as AWB plays nearly every game?

Not saying he'd be a bad signing but a back up right back isn't really high up my priority list this summer.

There's Dalot to come back as well as Milan aren't going to buy him if we're selling anyone this summer it should be him.

Plenty of players weren't good enough for first team football at 19 and went on to become stars Williams got chucked in because we were short of options but he's struggling just don't think he's ready and maybe he won't make it at Utd. Think you should show a bit of respect to the lad and give him a chance. I'd genuinely love to see him on a football pitch with you not only would you not get anywhere near him when he's got the ball he'd also smash you into pieces if you tried to take the ball off him. I've played against a few pro's in charity games and it's hilarious how much better they are than everyone else on the pitch and you can tell they aren't even trying.

So you want to sign Aarons to sit on the bench every week as AWB plays nearly every game?

Not saying he'd be a bad signing but a back up right back isn't really high up my priority list this summer.

There's Dalot to come back as well as Milan aren't going to buy him if we're selling anyone this summer it should be him.
Very

Well, pretty harsh words. Williams smashing me to pieces, I'm not so sure. Maybe Brian Little may give a different opinion. Unfortunately, I broke Brian's leg twice in Birmingham derbies, so I don't think B. Williams would have concerned me too much. I played my debut for Birmingham City when I was 18. So how many years do u want to give a lad at Man U who has absolutely no talent whatsoever?
I would much rather have Aarons, who would probably bite your hand off for an offer to play for MUFC than see out his career where he is. Again, squad size is vital, just look at City!

Well, pretty harsh words. Williams smashing me to pieces, I'm not so sure. Maybe Brian Little may give a different opinion. Unfortunately, I broke Brian's leg twice in Birmingham derbies, so I don't think B. Williams would have concerned me too much. I played my debut for Birmingham City when I was 18. So how many years do u want to give a lad at Man U who has absolutely no talent whatsoever?
I would much rather have Aarons, who would probably bite your hand off for an offer to play for MUFC than see out his career where he is. Again, squad size is vital, just look at City!

Didn't realise you'd played to a good level but still think the lad deserves a bit of time this season he's been chucked in a few times often in a side containing loads of changes so it's a bit harsh to hammer him. He's clearly got some talent but I do think he's going to struggle to make it at the very top level.

I think next season get him out on loan then make the call on him.

Squad depth is important but I'd look at sorting out starting spots rather than add depth buy better than that your starters means you improve the quality of the squad. Never really been one for signing squad players think most of your buys should be players that you think are good enough to go in from the start.

Why would we sign a right back to replace our back up left back.

Aarons hasn't been too great this season, though that may be because they're actively trying to get him to defend more and not focusing on his attacking. I actually think a season in the championship would do Williams some good. I do like the look of him but he's very raw and makes a lot of rash challenges. I'd be shocked if he didn't have a decent premiership career. Probably not with United though.

No point in signing Aarons to sit him behind AWB. He needs playing time and he's not good enough defensively to come in at United yet.

If we are letting Telles go and Williams go / out on loan. I'd be looking at bringing in Bertrand on a free to sit behind Shaw. Use the Telles money to strengthen elsewhere.

I doubt we'll sell Telles he's an alright back up to Shaw unless he wants to leave.

Rumours are he want's to leave. Saw himself coming in as a starting LB and has barely featured.

Didn't realise you'd played to a good level but still think the lad deserves a bit of time this season he's been chucked in a few times often in a side containing loads of changes so it's a bit harsh to hammer him. He's clearly got some talent but I do think he's going to struggle to make it at the very top level.

I think next season get him out on loan then make the call on him.

Squad depth is important but I'd look at sorting out starting spots rather than add depth buy better than that your starters means you improve the quality of the squad. Never really been one for signing squad players think most of your buys should be players that you think are good enough to go in from the start.
Good level??? I also played for Scotland, I'll have you know. It wasn't at Hampden Park unfortunately, but it was on the volleyball court!

Unless Ole's gone full Victor Frankenstein and wants AWB to do the DM role (hmm...), fullbacks are the least of our concerns this summer.

Just been listening to Scholesy, Hargreaves and MO (the best TV analyst there is, in my opinion)
Discussing the importance of squad depth. Whilst going over Liverpool's misfortunes with injuries this season, Scholesy came out quite bluntly and said that strength in your squad was essential so that if anyone was out injured, there was always someone ready to come in takeover that role

Buying 2nd or 3rd class 'replacements' is basically wasting money.
And again, to quote PS " City could put out 2 different teams and they'd still win every game"
His words, not mine!

True but City have a pretty bottomless pit of money which they’ve spent pretty wisely over the last decade built a robust squad of top quality players that they add to every summer.

Last summer they spent a huge chunk of money on players like Ake and Torres who’ve hardly kicked a ball but they’ve given them options when they’ve needed them.

Just been listening to Scholesy, Hargreaves and MO (the best TV analyst there is, in my opinion)
Discussing the importance of squad depth. Whilst going over Liverpool's misfortunes with injuries this season, Scholesy came out quite bluntly and said that strength in your squad was essential so that if anyone was out injured, there was always someone ready to come in takeover that role

Buying 2nd or 3rd class 'replacements' is basically wasting money.
And again, to quote PS " City could put out 2 different teams and they'd still win every game"
His words, not mine!
Did you just say Michael 'State the Bleedingly Obvious' Owen is the best TV analyst there is?

Each to their own but I'm not having Michael Owen as a good pundit.

He might have improved but when he first started on BT Sport over here he was awful can't say I've seen much of him recently doesn't seem to cover Utd very much here. We get stuck with Robbie Savage every bloody game because he played in our youth team.

Owen is terrible.

I quite like Jenas, but the pundits these days are pretty poor.

I always get Graham LeSaux, Lee Dixon, and Arlo White (or some combo of 2 of them) on commentary. They are good. I just wish there was an option to switch them all OFF because they all talk too much. The best commentators are ones that can just let the game happen without constantly telling you what you're already seeing with your own eyes.

Because those three are on the American broadcasts they are constantly talking about things to appeal to American sports fans, not realizing that we already have all that shit, should we want it. Almost as bad as Owen is Tim Howard though, at half time with Robbie Mustoe. fecking idiots.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back