Premier League 2020/21: Man Utd vs Fulham ~ Tue 18th May 18:00 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
My guess is Ole will play his cup final team in this one then look to make changes for the final league game at Wolves.

A win secures second spot.

Maguire is out but I wonder if Martial might be back on the bench.

Would be nice to see a few kids on the bench.

Predicted XI

DDG

AWB Bailly Lindelof Shaw

McTominay Pogba

Greenwood Fernandes Rashford

Cavani

Great thing will be fans back inside the stadium for the first time in well over a year 10,000 fans have tickets.

Will we see a strong anti Glazer demonstration from within the stadium as it stands their isn’t major demonstrations planned outside the ground for this game.

DDG

AWB Tuanzebe Lindelof Shaw

McTominay Fred

Greenwood Fernandes Pogba

Cavani

Subs - Henderson, Telles, Bailly, Williams, Amad, Mata, Matic, VDB, Rashford

At times this has felt like a testimonial. Bruno and Cavani opting for flicks and clever dinks instead of playing it simple. They are clearly enjoying themselves out there today. It's great to see players who play without any fear whatsoever.

HALF TIME.

We have looked really good at times in this. We have had nearly all the ball and we've been on the front foot dictating the tempo. The only negative would be that we're only 1 goal up with all the possession we've had. Shaw has been really strong, McTominay has gotten himself involved a lot more than usual, especially with interceptions and defensive headers. It's starting to click for Greenwood - Cavani - Bruno - Pogba, at times they are all on the same hidden wavelength. So far Bruno has been mostly opting to dummy or pass to someone in a better position. It's good to see unselfish play. 2nd half we are going to punish them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For those that haven't seen it. Sensational.

Superb finish. Was offside, but hey, why spoil the moment.
Only one camera angle seems to show Bruno's touch. He gets his studs on the ball. His initial swing at the ball there's no contact but right before the ball as gone he just barely touches. I saw the ball's rotation change slightly at that exact moment, which for me equals a touch.

Awesome goal by Cavani.

Another end of season kind of feel to the game with nothing on it. Meh.

That Liverpool postponement really has taken the edge off, we were doing ok up until then. Ole said as much, protests have affected them.

It seems to me they have one eye on the final. For the goal the commentary said if there wasn't a final, Shaw might have done more.

Not seen it so I don't know what they mean.

Looked to me like players are holding back maybe not worried about being on the bench for the final taking it easy just not at it really especially second half.

A very half arsed performance from the team they can still lose second spot but focus is all on the final now.

Glad this ref is retiring adds 4 minutes books their keeper for taking a minute for a goal kick then blows dead on 94 minutes.

We did the opposite of our usual schtick: we started strong, scored first, and then second half took our foot off the gas and let them back into the game. It never felt full-blooded. First half we moved the ball quickly and had some good exchanges. Second half, meh.

Wonder if Levy would be interested in Rashford being part of a deal for Kane? Thoughts Reds?

No. One is 23 with the world Infront of him if everything clicks the other is 27 and looking for a payday. I wouldn't give up Rashford for Kane let alone Rashford plus money.

Wonder if Levy would be interested in Rashford being part of a deal for Kane? Thoughts Reds?

Terrible idea.

Rashford has done 20 goals off the wing in both of the last 2 seasons you don’t give that away as those players dont grow on trees.

He’s had a bad run of form in recent months but don’t get why you’d want to dump him out the club.

Would love that. Rashford, like many of his teammates, is the epitome of mediocrity. These were guy's playing to secure they're placing a Euro final? Gimme a break.

Terrible idea.

Rashford has done 20 goals off the wing in both of the last 2 seasons you don’t give that away as those players dont grow on trees.

He’s had a bad run of form in recent months but don’t get why you’d want to dump him out the club.
How many months would u give to a man playing for a club wanting to put themselves in a position to be challenging against the elite next season. If he is carrying this injury everyone affords him, why did Ole not ensure that he was treated mid season? If he goes to the Euros, then I can't see him starting next season with flying colours. Sorry, but after his first 2 seasons, never been a big fan.

No. One is 23 with the world Infront of him if everything clicks the other is 27 and looking for a payday. I wouldn't give up Rashford for Kane let alone Rashford plus money.
Must admit I prefer the idea of the world in front of him rather than the ball. Think if Ole buys with ambition, Rasford would not be in starting 11. Which may be a good thing, I'd much prefer to see him fighting for his place as opposed to taking it for granted

Only one camera angle seems to show Bruno's touch. He gets his studs on the ball. His initial swing at the ball there's no contact but right before the ball as gone he just barely touches. I saw the ball's rotation change slightly at that exact moment, which for me equals a touch.
Cavani was still coming back from an offside position. Couldn't disallow that. Pure class!

How many months would u give to a man playing for a club wanting to put themselves in a position to be challenging against the elite next season. If he is carrying this injury everyone affords him, why did Ole not ensure that he was treated mid season? If he goes to the Euros, then I can't see him starting next season with flying colours. Sorry, but after his first 2 seasons, never been a big fan.

Even with his injury he's arguably been the best left winger in the league this season.

So are United fans still convinced that Ole can take United to the next level and have them fighting for the title next year? I'm just interested to know.

I'd say we've taken a step forward this season is difficult times. The last few weeks have been a poor end to the season but the season has really been done. We secured 4th realistically ages ago and City had the title tied up. Win the Europa league and get a cup in the bag for Ole and I think it's got to be considered a step in the right direction. We haven't really been dragged in to a fight for the top 4 this season we've made it comfortably which was always expectations for the next step forward.

This summer though will they back Ole or will they see it as top 4 achieved and that's what they're happy with. We never seem to take a step forwards from a strong position. Only once we finish 6th and they see that top 4 money falling away.

You've seen the difference a 34 yr old Cavani makes to this side. Imagine if they actually at any point went out and got him a top striker like we've all said we need for years instead of deciding Martial is good enough.

I'd probably give the lad a pass if he's playing through pain twice a week and never getting a rest to try and make sure the team achieves it's goals. He also constantly gets dumped into his weakest position to accomodate others something that would probably give a lot of players the hump including him as he knows it takes away his biggest threat.

Rashford's progression is a major factor in this side suddenly jumping from 6th to 2nd/3rd so yeah he does need to go up another level to be a truely world class player but he's one of the better players we've got so binning him would be stupid.

Maybe Ole should stop picking him because it's been quite clear for months that he's not at his best for whatever reason but if Rashford went for surgery we'd have been so short fancy watching Dan James start every week because I bloody don't. The squad lacks attacking talent and with Martial's form this season we've been lucky that Rashford can play through this problem because if we hadn't even had this version of him the season could of gone very different after Christmas.

Based on his current form Southgate shouldn't be taking him to the Euro's as it's pretty obvious whatever is up with him at the moment stops him from being at his best.

So are United fans still convinced that Ole can take United to the next level and have them fighting for the title next year? I'm just interested to know.

Can't say I've ever been totally convinved but I'd say we've taken a positive step forward this season especially if Ole lands a trophy.

He wasn't really backed in the summer but he's still delivered a better overall league performance and gone a step further in the cup.

I think we need a few more players to really close the gap the squad I think is still carrying some pretty average players who are playing way to many games to win a league but I'm not convinced Ole is an world class coach either.

Defensively the team is a mess at set pieces and has been during his entire tenure as manager and going forward we still haven't really found a way of playing that opens up defensive minded sides.

Can't say I've ever been totally convinved but I'd say we've taken a positive step forward this season especially if Ole lands a trophy.

He wasn't really backed in the summer but he's still delivered a better overall league performance and gone a step further in the cup.

I think we need a few more players to really close the gap the squad I think is still carrying some pretty average players who are playing way to many games to win a league but I'm not convinced Ole is an world class coach either.

Defensively the team is a mess at set pieces and has been during his entire tenure as manager and going forward we still haven't really found a way of playing that opens up defensive minded sides.
They've needed a few players the last few years though?

I mean look Ole has taken United forwards there's no doubt about that. I just don't think it's quite as big a step as some believe.

They won the Europa League under Jose. They finished second under Jose. They won the FA Cup under LVG.

They closed the gap to City but I don't think as much as the league shows. City had an awful start to the year but once they hit form there was only going to be one winner of the league. Liverpool have had an awful year but they'll bounce back next year and Tuchel has taken Chelsea forwards.

It's hard to argue with their league position, the table never lies but I don't think they are the second best team in the league really. I think next year they'll face another fight to finish top 4 rather than being title contenders. This has been a weird season because of covid and so I don't think too much can be taken from the year.

Have United improved? Yes. Are they going to take the next steps to truly challenge next year? I don't think so. And next year it'll be the same thing. They are a few players away but won't get the investment.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back