Premier League 2020/21: Man Utd vs Everton Sat 6th Feb 8pm KO

Maguire trying to out do Lindelof there. Though not sure why the ref hasn't blown up.

A lucky escape.

Gotta think VAR would have overturned it though.

I doubt they would have wasn’t clear and obvious but nearly always given as a foul.

What a stupid goal to give away.

De Gea should be dropped if Henderson performs in the cup.

If Ole doesn’t make that sub we win gave them the extra minute

fecking disgraceful result, AWFUL. Can't keep leaking goals like that. feck that cowardly cnut DeGea, drop him then sell him ASAP

Such a bad sub in the end, I know it was for wasting time but Axel gave away the free kick. Should have just let the game die out. Gutted.

Such a bad sub in the end, I know it was for wasting time but Axel gave away the free kick. Should have just let the game die out. Gutted.
Ole lets himself down with subs like that, what we needed the last 15 mins was an extra presence in midfield to hold the ball, VDB on for Greenwood in 75th minute would have been my call, stack the midfield and hold the ball better, maybe even nick a 4th goal. Extremely frustrating night, at 2-0 up and cruising we shouldn't even be needing to debate last minute subs tbf :(

Who are we blaming for the dropped points? I’m adding my view within seeing everyone else’s opinion so maybe they will align.
I think first and foremost credit is due to Ancelotti. He was totally over ran and changed their approach. Both keepers made costly errors but since DeGea made one and Olsen two it should not have been decisive.
I saw some slack defending, Maguire in particular having a bad day. On two of their goals he should have done much better. First one he jogs alongside instead of intercepting the pass and then fails to do anything to the effort on goal. After he went over and tried to buy the foul he just didn’t seem sharp. Third goal he doesn’t react doesn’t move to the ball, just spreads his arms like a bird.
I think we can’t expect pressing from the front for 90 minutes from the same players. Again Ole left the subs until too late when we needed fresh legs at 70th minute.
Rashford was also looking blunt. He should have buried one of his chances minimum.
Maybe Liverpool will do us a favor tomorrow but very disappointed with this result.

The decision making of Lindelof and Maguire is shocking. Don't dominate in the air and no pace. Only AWB and Shaw get any credit out of the back 5.

That partnership won’t win titles they can’t defend space in behind the moment they are exposed they panic they can’t control that space.

Thought AWB was awful tonight

Who are we blaming for the dropped points? I’m adding my view within seeing everyone else’s opinion so maybe they will align.
I think first and foremost credit is due to Ancelotti. He was totally over ran and changed their approach. Both keepers made costly errors but since DeGea made one and Olsen two it should not have been decisive.
I saw some slack defending, Maguire in particular having a bad day. On two of their goals he should have done much better. First one he jogs alongside instead of intercepting the pass and then fails to do anything to the effort on goal. After he went over and tried to buy the foul he just didn’t seem sharp. Third goal he doesn’t react doesn’t move to the ball, just spreads his arms like a bird.
I think we can’t expect pressing from the front for 90 minutes from the same players. Again Ole left the subs until too late when we needed fresh legs at 70th minute.
Rashford was also looking blunt. He should have buried one of his chances minimum.
Maybe Liverpool will do us a favor tomorrow but very disappointed with this result.

De Gea is to blame the first goal was a stupid goal to give away.

Ole maybe some blame that sub was needless added time on to added time and changing the shape caused needless panic. The guy he chucks on gives away the free kick that gives them the equaliser.

Rashford 2 great chances to kill them off and doesn’t take either he needs to be more ruthless.

This team won’t win a title it’s far to leaky at the back a new centre back is required one with a bit of speed you can’t rely on Bailly to injury prone and it’s time for Henderson to get a run of games in goal.

De Gea
Lindelof
Tuanzebe
Rashford
Ole

Any of those 5 are to blame.

Think the Pogba injury also really hurt us and not sure Ancelotti is deserving of much credit. They were completely outplayed and very lucky to come away with a point.

Overall we played really well but a mad five minutes at the start of the half and a long pumped in free kick which we couldn’t defend has cost us. Everything else we did was very good but just the defence again has cost us.

Rashford’s finishing was woeful tonight, for all his ability he does some strange things in the box. He tries one too many smart things when sometimes you just need to put your laces through the ball. His finishing has also cost us the game.

Also nearly forgot Pogba being injured, hope it’s not to serious because that would be a real blow if he’s out for an extended period.

I think you have to add maguire to that list too.
He had a poor game but was lucky his big mistake didn't get punished. Same with Lindelof and his other big mistake.

I'm just completely done with Lindelof. At this point I'd have him gone for a fiver in the summer. He doesn't belong in the premier League. You've got to have pace or be good in the air and he's neither. Everytime we play Everton they expose him.

This game could be the one that gives Henderson a chance as it's one massive error by De Gea and another questionable one. Though he's looked poor when he's come in recently.

DeGea to blame for 2 of their goals, he has no balls.

I think you have to add maguire to that list too.

Not really sure where the Maguire heat is coming from he got fouled and the ref didn’t give it apart from that he was fine as was Lindelof.

They knew they would be exposed by pushing high but they did it for the team against 2 strikers who love running the channels they went 2 vs 2 and pushed high to allow the full backs forward they risked their own weakness for the team by playing to the team tactics. None of those goals have got their finger prints on for me.

Worst defender on the night was Wan Bissaka twice caught 2 yards behind his centre backs playing the opponent onside (not punished) and his attacking was poor a proper off night for him tonight.

we needed a quick Left footed CB in the summer and who’s fault is it ? The Glaziers are killing our club or has already killed it but atleast they got there super bowl winning!

VDS saying it how we all feel.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He had a poor game but was lucky his big mistake didn't get punished. Same with Lindelof and his other big mistake.

I'm just completely done with Lindelof. At this point I'd have him gone for a fiver in the summer. He doesn't belong in the premier League. You've got to have pace or be good in the air and he's neither. Everytime we play Everton they expose him.

This game could be the one that gives Henderson a chance as it's one massive error by De Gea and another questionable one. Though he's looked poor when he's come in recently.
Maguire was poop. Sample opinion on other sites and various punditry: Maguire came in for far more blame than Lindelof.

I agree, Maguire was weak and slow for the first and played everyone on for the third. How lindelof is getting blame over Maguire is nonsense.

De gea should have done better on all of them

Maguire was poop. Sample opinion on other sites and various punditry: Maguire came in for far more blame than Lindelof.

That's shocking. Lindelof was lucky that his two biggest mistakes weren't punished. Being stupid with the ball in the right back position for absolutely no reason in the 40th minute. And absolutely bottling it and just booting the ball down the middle to Maguire with 2 men on in around the 65th minute. He was extremely lucky neither of this led to goals. First half one he had absolutely no excuse for we were comfortable he shouldn't have been nervous.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if he supported Everton has a kid. He must have nightmares about this fixture when it's announced. He has a shocker every single time.

And how anyone isn't blaming him for his part in the second is ridiculous.

As I said Maguire was poor but everytime Lindelof plays we look weak at the back. It's no coincidence that our defensive performances improve when he isn't around. He makes everyone around him nervous.

Scholes is spot on. He'll always have question mark hanging over him because he isn't strong or fast. He offers nothing.

I agree, Maguire was weak and slow for the first and played everyone on for the third. How lindelof is getting blame over Maguire is nonsense.

Our defence is too leaky in general but you can't get past the fact that DeGea paws the ball in to his goalmouth for Evertons first goal, and for the third he's way too slow and half-hearted, DCL actually has time to take the ball down and finish in the 6 yard box and DeGea barely gets in a challenge.

I’ve seen that screen shot doing the rounds McTominay also plays Keane onside which is the key moment as far as offside goes. Is that photo taken when the ball is kicked as it’s not in shot.

Maguire taking abuse for that goal honestly baffles me he’s at the back post and all the action happens at the front post. As a defence you set the line high and as the ball is kicked you drop it’s basic stuff.

Ole made a stupid sub in injury time adding needless time to the clock they won the free kick after the 4 minutes of injury time was played.
Tuanzebe gave away a stupid free kick on the half way line allowing them to send the whole team forward and pack the box.
Why did we decide to defend it so deep? Could we have pushed higher?probably not because De Gea doesn’t command his box.
We don’t win the first header (looked like Shaw)
No one reacts to losing that first header
De Gea doesn’t spread himself but I think at that range Calvert-Lewis isn’t missing no matter what you do the keeper is getting their second and if you go to ground you get dinked.

The picture doing the rounds is fake. Clear to see because you can't see the ball being kicked.

In another it looks clearly like McT at fault.

Though I'd argue whose on DCL? And whose marking the player that gets the first header?

Shaw and AWB are around Keane the ball just clears AWB and Keane gets the flick DCL emerges from a cluster of players he’s run between Tuanzebe and Lindelof.

DCL gets a break the flick lands perfectly for him but he’s made that luck by gambling and running forward gambling that the flick comes his way. The more I watch this kid the more I like him there’s a touch of the Cavani about him and he’s one Utd I think should be keeping an eye on but he’d cost silly money.

For me that goal starts with the stupid free kick you let them create a very dangerous situation loading the box Tuanzebe either has to make the tackle or just run back with him it wasn’t a particularly dangerous break from memory.

The substitution was not really needed at all, and if he felt he needed to to waste time probably Matic would have been better moving McT to cover the right. It could only have ended badly for Tuanzebe unless he ended up making a goal line clearance.All that sub has done is put more pressure on him. The bottom line is we need a centre half, probably in the Rio mould, and the others fight for their place alongside him.

Was Ole perhaps a bit too nice. Trying to get Tuanzebe some free minutes and come out on the winning team after a difficult time for him and it completely backfired?

I think he was protecting us against a set piece but it didn’t work.

Everton are a big team he subbed off his smallest player who is weak in the air to stick on some extra height.

Timing was just off for me in injury time when you are ahead don’t make a sub don’t give the ref a reason to add more time on which is what happened. If you’re going to waste time do itbefore the board goes up

Yeah the sub should have been Matic then. Tuanzebe isn't exactly dominant in the air and Matic we know is good at defending set pieces.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back