Premier League 2020/21: Man Utd vs Burnley Sun 18th Apr 16:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Utd will be looking to cement our second spot in the league and close that gap to 1st a little further and with our first midweek break of the season coming there’s no real reason to rotate. Martial is out and I don’t know if Bailly is back from his Covid isolation yet.

Assume there’s no new injuries from Thursday so should be a strong side for Utd some lads had an enforced rest through suspension and after this we have two big games vs rivals in Leeds and Liverpool.

Burnley will look to be compact and play direct to Wood and play off him looking for set pieces and they’ve actually got a decent record at Old Trafford their win at Old Trafford last season was a real low point of the Ole era we were so poor that day and the crowd was really starting to turn against Ole at that point.

Predicted XI

Henderson

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred

Greenwood Bruno Pogba

Cavani

I think it makes sense to rest Rashford and have him on the bench and only use him if we really need him rest that ankle problem he’s got.

our first midweek break of the season coming there’s no real reason to rotate.

Is this correct or you exaggerating? If so that shows how tough this season has been.

Is this correct or you exaggerating? If so that shows how tough this season has been.

I think it’s correct with league cup and European matches I think we’ve played 2 games a week all season might have been a break at some point but can’t recall one.

Had a quick look through our results and couldn’t see a break in there that extra round in the Europa league is a ball ache.

Given we had the extended season last year with Europa as well it’s been a big effort from all the lads this year.

By my count this is our 52nd game of the season

I think this game offers Ole the opportunity to try something different up front. Cavani thru the centre, Thiallo floating loosely on the left and Dan James out wide in the carpark

Henderson

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred

Rashford Bruno Pogba

Greenwood

Subs
Mata, Matic, Williams, DDG, Telles, Cavani, James, Tuanzebe, VDB

Are we that reliant on Rashford that we cannot give him this week off to get over his injury?

Are we that reliant on Rashford that we cannot give him this week off to get over his injury?

Sadly we are short on numbers my guess is he will do an hour give Cavani the last bit of the game.

Martial’s injury has left us very short.

It can’t be good that he carries on playing but the physios must be clearing him so must be something they feel won’t be made worse by playing must just be uncomfortable.

Far to much slow dithering passes in defence and midfield.

Burnley pressing us well forcing errors.

Just nothing happening.

Utd struggling to play the game in Burnley’s half.

Burnley are a real bogey side for us at Old Trafford.

Think it’s a case of who do we put Cavani on for nothing else really on the bench?

Do you sacrifice a centre mid and drop Pogba back or change Rashford/Greenwood.

I think he will leave it and try to give it 15 minutes or so.

Change nothing for now. Bruno is presently our weak link, not offering us anything.

If Rashford stays on his feet instead of going down for a penalty, he scores.

I am glad I am not paying for a season ticket this year. They are a really tough watch at home.

Fred off Cavani on

Very attacking change

You're confused. Bruno wears 18. The weak link is the bloke with the stone feet and 17 on his back.
No you are confused, I would consider McT to be the attacking midfielder, not Fred who is doing the defensive bit majority of time.

No you are confused, I would consider McT to be the attacking midfielder, not Fred who is doing the defensive bit majority of time.
See, the difference is that Fred tries to attack, but his inability to control or pass a football makes it look like he's just there to defend.

We have got to sort out the number of goals we concede from set pieces / crosses

Such an annoying goal to concede you just know they’re coming.

Maguire absolutely bossed but he’s a sitting duck just been bulldozed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back