Premier League 2020/21: Man Utd vs Brighton ~ Sun 4th Apr 19.30 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Premier League Football is back and Utd are going up against a team that absolutely walloped us earlier this season but somehow manager to lose the game 3-2.

They wasted chance after chance after chance then we scored with a penalty that was awarded after the final whistle blew.

Utd will be looking to extend their gap to the rest of the teams chasing top 4 and try to cement the second place spot in the run in with 9 games to go. Brighton are looking like they're now safe 6 point gap to relegation. They're a great side to watch create loads of chances and play a really open end to end game but their finishing has been dreadful.

Fitness wise for Utd I guess there remains doubts over the fitness of Rashford who pulled out of the international games and Martial who missed the final game with a knock. Cavani has been training all through the international break as his games were cancelled so he should be available and a few of the lad were released from squads early.

Utd now are back to the grind it's Brighton (H), Granada (A), Spurs (A), Granada (H), Burnley (H) all in the space of 14 days so pressure is on and Ole will need to use his squad to keep Utd going on both fronts.

This has a huge banana skin warning for me we've at least got the extra day to get the players home and get a training session in home form has been iffy and it's fair to say they'll fancy this one so Utd need to be at their best.

Not related to this really, but kind of.

Next weekend is Man Utd vs Spurs, and the last day of the masters.

I might get a Now TV pass, which I can watch on my laptop or phone with my VPN. I'm trying to work out how to get it on my TV using the inbuilt chromecast, I can get youtube to work in a test, but not now TV. I wonder is this is built into Now TV, so you cant cast it?

Back to the Brighton match

Biggest decision to look out for is, De Gea or Henderson.

Got to assume Rashford and Martial are out.

Henderson

Shaw
Lindelof
Maguire
AWB

Pogba
Mctom

James
Bruno
Greenwood

Cavani

However, we all know Fred will play :-(

Think you should be able to do it with now tv I know Sky Go has stuff built in to stop you casting it to the TV have to admit I'm rubbish when it comes to that sort of stuff.

Will be interesting to see who he goes for as his keeper will he stick to Henderson or will he go back to De Gea for the league games and play Henderson in Europe?

I reckon we might see Pogba start on the left of the 3 if Rashford isn't fit to start.

Fred and McT will be the useless double pivot and Pogba out wide, as JSP suggested.

I think Ole will stick with Henderson.

Yeah I expect Brighton to have a go so I think we probably want that intensity that Fred can bring as an open games suits him, where he's absolutely useless is when teams park the bus as he just gives the ball away easily allowing them to break out as he also offers no creativity or goal threat. Don't see this one as a game for Matic either so it does sort of limit your options as it is hard to see him chucking VDB in when he's never really looked comfortable.

Not sure how good Granada are just looked them up and they're 8th in La Liga with a -12 goal difference they let in a lot of goals so you'd hope Utd over the two legs will be able to get it done against them without having to play all the big guns for the full 90 minutes. They're also 9 points behind Sociedad lost nearly half of their league games this season.

It's almost nailed on next week away at Spurs if Pogba plays he will be wide left rather than in the middle and he's still working his way back from injury so they might look to have him on the bench mid week.

Leicester, Chelsea, Spurs all dropping points. Let's make it count and take advantage.

Very strong starting line up. I expect us o score at least 4

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I hope Ole doesn't persist with this mistake for long. The more I watch Henderson the more it's clear his plus points (apparently crosses and controlling the defence) aren't there.

Oh, I'll be interested to see this later, radio saying Henderson did well with the first save

I hope Ole doesn't persist with this mistake for long. The more I watch Henderson the more it's clear his plus points (apparently crosses and controlling the defence) aren't there.
Wan Bissaka to blame. He was asleep at the back post. The error is a weakness of his.

But Henderson was supposed to cut these goals out with his ability at crosses and commanding his defence?

That's the exact type of goal Dave was criticised for cos he should have claimed it and was stuck on his line. And I said it was ludicrous. But that's apparently the plus point Henderson has over him.

As for the first save Henderson knows nothing about it just hits him. But if Dave concedes that goal you're all slating him.

Not sure where Wan Bissaka is to blame though. The cross comes from the left and it's Lindelofs/Maguires man?

Can't blame the right back for a goal headed centre of the 6 yard box.

Not sure where Wan Bissaka is to blame though. The cross comes from the left and it's Lindelofs/Maguires man?

Can't blame the right back for a goal headed centre of the 6 yard box.
He was marking Welbeck.

Would be interesting to see what we do in training. Most of the time we look like a bunch of strangers cobbled together.

How on earth does anybody blame Henderson for that goal!
Don’t worry lads, we’re winning this, nae bother

This is terrible. Front 3 are awful. No creativity in midfield. Silly mistakes at the back. We have never in the Ole era found a way of breaking teams down that do not come at us.

That goal is on Wan Bissaka he totally switched off and let his man get in front of him.

Henderson has no chance of getting that cross anyone who thinks any keeper is claiming that has never put on a pair of goalie gloves.

Very poor first half stinks of Sheff Utd at home sadly feels like we could be here for weeks and not look like scoring. Someone needs to grab this game and be the spark as that was pathetic

Henderson has no chance of getting that cross anyone who thinks any keeper is claiming that has never put on a pair of goalie gloves.

De Gea would be slated for being stuck to his line. It's no different to the West Brom goal.

Point is if he's not improving our defence from crosses (which he clearly isn't) then he isn't better than De Gea for anything.

Not sure how anyone can blame the right back for the centre forward scoring a goal in at the centre of our 6 yard box. We all know who should be dealing with it.

De Gea would be slated for being stuck to his line. It's no different to the West Brom goal.

Point is if he's not improving our defence from crosses (which he clearly isn't) then he isn't better than De Gea for anything.

Not sure how anyone can blame the right back for the centre forward scoring a goal in at the centre of our 6 yard box. We all know who should be dealing with it.
No way, full back switched off, he offers nowt going forward and can't even mark his man in the box.

For me this need to be McT on for Pogba, Amad on for Cavani and go RW, get Greenwood central

Again I didn’t blame De Gea on that goal I blamed Lindelof for being weak.

We let in goals from crosses because Lindelof is weak in the air and Wan Bissaka switches off and doesn’t defend crosses well it’s a big weakness in his game.

De Gea I think has been rightly dropped but I am not yet convinced that Henderson is the answer butgenerally speaking the defence has looked happier playing in front of Henderson in recent weeks.

Wan Bissaka just lost his man he thought he was going behind him but Welbeck got in front as a fullback in that spot you can’t let the opponent do that

Credit where it’s due lads, that was nice opened them up nicely.
Game on, nae bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back