Premier League 2020/21 - Man Utd v Crystal Palace - Sat 19th Sept - 17.30 ko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoot

Banned
Wondering not only what the starting 11 will be, but also what the bench will look like :)

Got time yet for new signings... today's guess may be well off in 2 weeks. Maybe Messi will be at no.10

DDG

AWB Lindelöf Maguire Shaw

Matic Pogba

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Martial

I mean unless there's any major shocks in the transfer market or injuries it's hard to see it being anything but that in 2 weeks time.

shocks in the transfer, or Covid tests :)

Got to be that side really I'd say.

Yeah I think players who aren't on international duty returned to training yesterday as far as we know the only Utd player to fail a Covid test was Pogba so he's isolating until he passes a test and Rashford/Maguire were given extra time off.

Would be a bit worrying if all 3 of them missed the opening game.

Probably will be a familiar starting 11. If we sign Sancho it is unlikely he would start this one.

Am I right in thinking anyone signed up to this Friday will be available to play the first game?

We should see VDB on the bench but I'd say the usual XI will be out first game, possibly we could see Fred instead of Matic as Palace shouldn't be too tricky. Also Rashford injury dependent.

Am I right in thinking anyone signed up to this Friday will be available to play the first game?

We should see VDB on the bench but I'd say the usual XI will be out first game, possibly we could see Fred instead of Matic as Palace shouldn't be too tricky. Also Rashford injury dependent.

Think ours will be later as we don't start until a week after everyone else.

Normally it's a case that a player needs to sign 48 hours before a league game to be registered in time.

Obviously players coming from other countries may have to quarantine or wait on test results before they are allowed into the playing "bubbles" the quarantine period is shorter as they can apply for dispensation on sporting grounds.

I thought our first game was being re scheduled. Did that not happen?

I thought our first game was being re scheduled. Did that not happen?

It has we were supposed to start the season away at Burnley on the 12th September.

Don't think they've put a new date in for that game yet.

This will be our first game regardless. They wont play the Burnley game before it

Yeah I suspect Burnley will get slotted in midweek if both teams are out of the league cup by Xmas.

Yeah I suspect Burnley will get slotted in midweek if both teams are out of the league cup by Xmas.
We wont be out of anything by Christmas. We will win everything this season, a clean sweep, good and proper.

We wont be out of anything by Christmas. We will win everything this season, a clean sweep, good and proper.

I think we will see a very young side in the league cup this season it'll be a combination of bench and academy lads so wouldn't be surprised if we go out of that one early this year, will be the same with the FA Cup.

Anyone bricking it yet for this opening game? Spoke to my Spurs pal earlier who was down in the dumps, I started thinking if i will be the same next Monday lol. All I want to see if football being played, not a team of players who can't play together which is what we looked like last few games. We should surely have enough for Palace. It's clear we wont be having Sancho for that one.

Nah I’m not worried at all. Think we’ll win comfortably. Expect with the break we’ll be back to just after lockdown form.

Just saw come clips of VDB vs villa, nice stuff. He'll cover Pogba's absence no problem.

Why is Pogba absent? He’s back to training and fully recovered.

Struggling to get excited about it to be honest just feels a bit meh with no fans etc.

I don't even notice the fans aren't there at Sporting Events anymore when watching on TV. Just got used to it.

I do the crowd feels fake there’s nothing new or original not seeing the anger, frustration or elation on their faces is odd not thinking about going to a game and the buzz that comes with that.

I don't even notice the fans aren't there at Sporting Events anymore when watching on TV. Just got used to it.
Yeah pretty much used to it. Will be great to have the fans back but as of now it’s not ruining my enjoyment of the games. Cricket is a little weird when the ball flies into the stands and the players have to rummage around the seats to find the ball.

In the Aston Villa warmup match we looked sharp, even with a bunch of kids taking first team places. I think we will ROFLstomp Palace. Once our players get used to the way VDB runs and the positions he takes up, I think we will be scoring bagfuls. Getting an understanding with Bruno will be insane. They are both similar players in that all they want to do is get the ball and drive at the goal. No more hesitation.

Prediction 4-0.

4nil FC again for the first few games?

Would any of you put a tenner on a win? I'm pretty confident but maybe not a tenner confident hahah

Palace are normally a tough team to break down they're always super organised defensively and have a decent threat on the break so think it'll be low scoring but Utd to nick it 2-1.

4nil FC again for the first few games?

Would any of you put a tenner on a win? I'm pretty confident but maybe not a tenner confident hahah

I will probably put a tenner on the -2 handicap.

I've never looked into that kind of betting, how does that work?

So we’d start 2-0 down.

We’re 2/7 to win.
10/11 on the -1 market
5/2 on the -2 market

I’ll probably put that with a goal in both half’s 1/2 and Martial to score any time 5/6 for a £5 treble.

Ok cool. And you choose this from the different options under the united game on your app? i've done goal in both half a few times before but usually stick with a straight 3 team acca, not that I have much luck with them either haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back