Premier League 2020/21: Man City vs Man Utd - Sun 7th Mar 16:30 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
We actually have a really good record at the etihad in recent years can Utd continue our unbeaten away run and end City’s winning run someone’s record has to end.

For City they seem to have a clean bill of health and Pep has about 15-16 quality players all bang on form that he rotated so hard to really tell who will start for them.

For Utd Pogba remains out with his injury, De Gea is back in Spain after the birth of his first child and we await news on Martial but suggestion is he is out.

Predicted XI

Henderson

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred

James Bruno Rashford

Greenwood

Can’t see Cavani starting again after a run out of the team with injury so I think it’ll be the team we started vs Chelsea.

Hard to see anything but a City win but we’ve been here before just when you think there’s no chance this lot suddenly turn up and pull of a miracle.

There is hope, the fixture itself will hopefully bring out a good performance and if we can nick it I say we then go on to beat West Ham and spark a mini revival to cement second place.
It has been disappointing lately but we do know we are capable of putting good runs and performances together. We just cant do it consistently enough.

There's always the hope we'll put in a good performance. Hopefully, at least, we'll stifle them and it'll be a borefest draw. Realistically, there's a good chance we'll get stuffed.

All the above are certainly possibilities. We dont know what we are going to get from one game to the next. That's the only certainty.

I’d say it’s hope rather than expectation in terms of result/performance but last weekend West Ham went to City and rocked them were unlucky to lose.

Pep changed his tactics the last 2 times they’ve played us as he was worried about the counter attack threat so he know this Utd team can hurt his side.

I think Bruno will have to drop a little deeper to make it more of a 3 in midfield but those wide players have got to be brave and stay high and exploit the gaps that City will leave.

Maybe he will risk Cavani with Europa mid week will he try and have his best number 9 up against City to try and hold the ball up and break.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last time we went one up with a penalty inside a minute we lost 6-1.

Great start

Doing well but we can’t expect to defend like this the whole game when we get the ball we have to look after it a bit better and get up the pitch.

Easier said than done against a team this good

McTominay needs to pick his passing up. Found blue more than he's found a red shirt. Can't keep gifting them possession.

Were in danger of beating ourselves. Need to improve when we have the ball and find a red shirt.

Half job done. We have had a few chances on the break that we have wasted.

City have had lots of the ball but not much incision. Job done so far.

2 big chances not taken by Martial what has happened to his finishing usually absolutely ruthless.

What is McTominay playing at there!!!?!?

I think they're deliberately playing with my nerves.

Not happy with this sub. Nothing to keep the ball up there.

Their run ended.
Our run against the big 6 ended.
Our away run continues.
Back in to second place.
4 clean sheets on the bounce.

Great performance, unexpected win. Shaw immense. Watched with my City-supporting friend and he kept remarking how great our defense is. All 4 had great games, not easy breaking up those intricate City passes. Martial looked like a real 9 today. Big ups to McTominay too. I would have started Matic over Fred but other than that, good job Ole.

Don’t know what’s more shocking???
Fulham beating Liverpool or...
...United beating City.
The football pyramid is upside down tonight...
OGS out coaching Pep
He’s a nice guy, pleased for him.
His man management is very good.
He deserves a trophy this season. Really mean it...

I have wondered recently, but I haven't mentioned it because I'm not sure of my facts.
But weren't city giving away silly goals, they shored up at the back, then started scoring. I did wonder if our recent 0-0 were more about stopping the silly mistakes.

Anyway great performance, great clean sheet, sounded like Henderson did well. And with that team sheet great win. Sounded like Mctom and Fred did a good job on De Brune and Gundogan

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back