Premier League 2020/21: Fulham vs Man Utd ~ Wed 20th 8.15PM KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Utd face their third game in a row on the road this time a trip to London to face Fulham who at the start of the season looked nailed on relegation fodder but in recent weeks they've actually turned a corner and look like a much tougher nut to crack pulling off some good results against strong opponents. 5 draws and 1 defeat is their current run of form still in the bottom 3 but even against 10 men for 45 minutes Chelsea found it tough to break them down.

For Utd you assume Lindelof will sit out and maybe a slight re-shuffle in the midfield maybe a similar look to the side that faced Burnley last week. For Fulham Robinson who was sent off will start his ban but can't say I can tell you much more about them than that. Look to be a side full of energy and got quite a few players who don't mind taking you on one vs one so you need to be careful against them.

Fulham facing their 4th game in 10 days after a Covid break out you wonder how much they'll have left in the tank Utd have been able to rotate a little bit more.

Think Utd have 3 players who are 1 yellow card away from a ban which could be served against Liverpool in the cup so if Utd are comfortably winning don't be surprised to see Maguire, Bruno or Shaw pick up a cheap yellow card to get their ban out the way.

Predicted XI

DDG

AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw

Matic Pogba

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Cavani

Doesn't the yellow card accumulation reset to zero at the halfway point in the season? They wouldn't need to pick up a yellow, just make it to the 20th match and they're fine. Anyway, expect us to smash them.

Yeah it resets after the following league match against Fulham. So no need to get the yellow just puts them one closer to the ten for the ban.

So if they get booked vs Fulham they still miss the cup game?

Yeah the reset is after the Fulham game. If you get 5 cards in the first 19 games it's a ban and if you get 10 cards in the first 32 games it's a ban.

I would try and rest a couple , Bruno on the bench to just see how the game goes but Bruno and Shaw can be replaced with Telles and Pogba/VDB , let’s go and get the job done and get the 3 points! Confidence flying !

Pre match talk from Ole seems to suggest he's going strong for this one and I agree with him don't take any risks but this game is more important than Sunday. 3 points puts us back top of the table if City win tonight we will actually start the game in 3rd spot.

Might see Lindelof drop out as we manage that back issue and being more on the front foot would suit Bailly.

Only injured player currently is Brandon Williams according to BBC.

Think it'll be a similar challenge to Burnley last week got to remain patient and take the chance when it comes I don't expect us to blow Fulham away think it'll be a close game which Utd should just edge.

I think pretty much go full strength. I expect Matic Telles and Greenwood to come in with no other changes. Think Cavani will play Saturday.

De Gea

AWB Bailly Maguire Telles

Matic Pogba

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Martial

Actual Team:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rashford gets a rest.

Greenwood could do with a goal. It's been a while!

Can’t have to many gripes about that side more than enough quality to win this game but a few players could do with a confidence boost from a goal.

1-0

Shambles of an offside line both Bailly and AWB behind the line and no pressure on the ball

Penalty on Fred? Looked a pen to me if he gives that no way VAR overturns it which is why VAR needs to be binned.

Just been off the pace from the start sloppy passing wanting to much time on the ball need a kick up the backside

Glad it wasn’t just me that thought pen.

1-1 Cavani

No changes at half time.

They looked shattered hopefully their legs go and we can punish errors when they come.

Hopefully we don’t need to put Rashford on but if he’s needed he could be a hell of a weapon vs a tired opponent.

Greenwood struggling again think teams have worked him out a bit finding it very hard to get a good look at goal

1-2 POGBA with an absolute beauty it needed something like that as we were going nowhere.

He’s in great form at the moment.

Still no subs from us after 80 minutes maybe not sure if we try and hold what we’ve got or go for a 3rd.

Get Fred off he can’t even foul his man Loftus-Cheek giving us problems on the break.

Martial off Rashford on
Greenwood off McTominay on

Pogba I assume going to the wing.

Another away game where we've gone behind and won. 7 this season?

Bit twitchy at the end but always is holding on to a 1 goal lead.

Wish I could see the spike in heart rate when that ball hit Bailly and trickled wide felt like Leicester all over again.

Big win to go back to the top keeps pressure on our opponents.

Another huge night for Pogba he’s really stepping up and having his moment as the driving force behind them team and Cavani was class up top all night terrorised their defence.

These games always look easy on paper but it takes a battling spirit on a night where it’s driving rain and a strong wind to keep fighting and going and this team has those qualities it’s great to see.

Pogba's goal... wow. Magnificent.

Fulham were a lot tougher than I thought they were going to be. We made Lookman look good, man. We were always going to be ceding some of the midfield to them by giving Pogba more freedom to roam, and they nearly capitalized on it second half. Cavani worked his socks off today, so it's between him and Pogba for MOTM.

It's another game ticked off and another 3 points in the bag. On to the next one we go.

The only thing I will say is the wingers looked non existent tonight Sancho would certainly add more attacking flair martial dos not want to be there and either does Greenwood

Great win, had that feel of a pivotal game in a title race that we used to be accustomed to. Great strike by Pogba who played well throughout, credit where its due. Thought Cavani was brilliant also, definitely should be our first choice striker.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back