Premier League 2020/21: Chelsea vs Man Utd Sun 28th Feb 16.30 ko

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Tough fixture in what has rarely been a happy hunting ground for Utd although we did manage to win there twice last season in the league cup and league fixtures.

Chelsea have had a bit of a new manager bounce look more like the team from 2 seasons ago lots of possession but lack a cutting edge and have gone back to a 3-4-3 system which seems to suit what they have. Utd's lead over Chelsea is now 6 points after a great run of results 4 wins and a draw in the last 5 plus that big win it Madrid this is a side high on confidence.

For Utd it feels much more like the opposite the team is lacking a bit of confidence currently after dropping silly points to Everton and West Brom in recent weeks.

For Utd Pogba is out and we'll wait to hear on Cavani/VDB/McTominay who all missed the game in midweek with injury.

Predicted XI

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Martial

Utd need a win. The league form has been indifferent recently a win would land a heavy blow to Chelsea in the top 4 race and hopefully help us maintain the gap to the rest of the chasing pack. We can forget the title but it's now about consolidating that top 4 spot and maintaining the gap to 5th place.

We've won on our last three visits to Stamford Bridge. We've never won 4 in a row there.

I think a draw here would be a great result.

I'd love to see a clean sheet though

I say it every game but please please please can we start the game well and not spend the first 15 minutes getting peppered by the opponents.

I say it every game but please please please can we start the game well and not spend the first 15 minutes getting peppered by the opponents.
I pray for this every game we play now but we are so sluggish in the early stages of a game - especially away. We have the ability to play quick and fast but it’s like we need to concede to have a little gee up.

I pray for this every game we play now but we are so sluggish in the early stages of a game - especially away. We have the ability to play quick and fast but it’s like we need to concede to have a little gee up.

What really worries me is it's not just the start it's also after half time we just don't ever seem like we're ready when the ref blows the whistle.

The only game I can think of where we were really on it from minute 1 was Leeds at home.

It's the way to beat us, come out quick, pressure on the defence.
But if they do that they need to score or we'll counter.

I think we'll squeak the win. Read that Cavani, McTominay, Mata all didn't train Friday, but James will probably feature.

------------------DeGea------------------
AWB----Lindelof-----Maguire-----Shaw
-----------Matic-----------Fred-----------
James-----------Bruno---------Rashford
-----------------Martial--------------------

Think we’ll win this, got a good feeling.

Out the traps early to go into a 2-0 lead, Chelsea will pull one back but we’ll score early second half to go 3-1 and then as Chelsea press we counter attack for a 4th.

Cavani not fit and Martial still can't get a start.

Greenwood starts through the middle. James down the right.

Our website has Rashford up top, James left, Greenwood right.

Our bench isn't very strong is it

Think he’s got it bang on Martial in horrendous form had enough chances can’t just keep picking him.

Clearly isn’t fully trusting Bailly yet fitness wise.

Going to be a tough game need our key men to be on top form.

Our website has Rashford up top, James left, Greenwood right.

Our bench isn't very strong is it

Everywhere saying that but can't see it being right. But I could be wrong. Would be playing a few out of position when you can play them all in their positions

Greenwood has started in the centre.

Rashford left and James right.

Will be tough for Greenwood against a back 3 will need to be clever with his movement

Not sure how they can avoid giving that maybe Greenwood nudges his hand into the ball?

Don’t think you can defend that decision one little bit, he moved his towards the ball and flapped it away. Awful decision.

Not a clue how he hasn't given that.

No point to VAR if the refs are going to get simple ones wrong.

They can't. Just simply an appalling decision. Can't wait to hear Keane's view.

Yeah I was just throwing something out there.

Even with the new softer rules it surely has to be a penalty.

Lindelof lucky Giroud didn’t get on the end of that.

Utd really struggling to get anything going far to many sloppy passes got quite a few careless players on the pitch today and it’s showing.

Lindelof has played a couple of lovely diagonal balls though. One in to Shaw where he stuttered with it and one just now to Bruno.

He also let Giroud run off him.

Our play is too pedestrian. If we up the tempo, I think we can easily beat them.

Hard to see is getting much better with these players on the pitch they’re missing that extra quality on the ball that Pogba and Cavani give us in key areas but they have the talent to create something out of nothing.

Attacking subs wise he’s not got much to reach for looking at VDB or Martial 2 players out of confidence or full on wildcard in Amad.

Good save from De Gea to deny Ziyech but we were really opened up there.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back