Premier League 2020/21 Burnley v Man Utd 12th January 20.15 ko

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Ole confirmed that Shaw, Lindelof and Pogba missed the FA Cup game with injuries but seemed to suggest it was short term rather than long term so they might be back and I think this is the last game of Cavani's ban. Bailly went off injured at the weekend apparently it was a neck issue rather than a concussion so who knows if he's been patched up or not.

Burnley rested a lot of players in the FA Cup to we both played Saturday so it's a rapid turn around for both teams Utd also had the midweek game the previous week whereas Burnley didn't so there first team will be well rested.

Burnley has started to pick up results after a poor start as they always seem to do things start to click for them and they can be a tricky opponent if you don't take your chances they have a top class keeper and up top they fight and scrap for everything and have a threat on set pieces.

So for Utd it's simple a draw or win puts them out right top of the league going into the weekend clash with Liverpool so surely no more motivation is required for this one. Liverpool don't have to play mid week so they'll be well rested ahead of the weekend.

It's hard to pick an XI until we know who is fit my guess is based on the assumption that everyone is fit think he'll go quite attacking with only 1 holding player.

DDG

AWB Bailly Maguire Telles

Fred Pogba

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Martial

Big risk currently is Maguire is one yellow card away from a ban gets booked tomorrow and he misses Anfield I know he's not everyones cup of tea but he's the best we've got so an important player.

I think Pogba will be saved for Liverpool.

Can't see Pogba starting vs Liverpool I actually think we'll see James start vs Liverpool.

He'll want all the high energy guys on the pitch for that game.

if he doesn't start against Liverpool (if fit) I think we can safely say his united career is over.

I think he'll start. Think he's play the 4 CM's again. McT Pogba Bruno Fred.

I don't think he'll rest anyone Tomo either. Strongest 11 here and against Liverpool.

if he doesn't start against Liverpool (if fit) I think we can safely say his united career is over.

I think we all sort of know this is the case anyway.

The reason I don't think he will start is Ole will want to expose the gaps in behind TAA so I think he'll want Rashford in that position and given we're likely to spend a lot of the game without the ball he'll want the industry the other midfielders bring.

Given how much impact Robertson has on the game for Liverpool along with Mane on that side I think he'll want to have someone like James in front of AWB who can match the Robertson work rate and have the discipline to track him when he gets forward.

Anyway lets get the points in the bag vs Burnley before we worry about Liverpool.

I actually unfortunately think they'll want to be on good terms with Raiola. I imagine Haaland is Oles number one target.

No point in needlessly burning bridges with Raiola he's an agent to top players so at some point you'll probably have to deal with him in the future and you need him at his best to get you the best fee for Pogba when he leaves.

You just know what you're getting into bed with now so you can manage the expectations if his players are happy he doesn't try and move them but the moment they are unhappy he gets them out that's his job and he doesn't have a problem being the bad guy. That's why his players are fiercly loyal to him as he gets them what they want.

It would require a hell of a climb down from Pogba and his camp to sign a new deal now but it's football so who knows.

It sounds like PSG are going to be his only option. If they hang on to Mbappe and Neymar then it is an attractive option. Get rid of either of those and maye not so much.

It's not exactly competive though, other than the CL

Ole confirmed that Shaw, Lindelof and Pogba missed the FA Cup game with injuries but seemed to suggest it was short term rather than long term so they might be back and I think this is the last game of Cavani's ban. Bailly went off injured at the weekend apparently it was a neck issue rather than a concussion so who knows if he's been patched up or not.

Burnley rested a lot of players in the FA Cup to we both played Saturday so it's a rapid turn around for both teams Utd also had the midweek game the previous week whereas Burnley didn't so there first team will be well rested.

Burnley has started to pick up results after a poor start as they always seem to do things start to click for them and they can be a tricky opponent if you don't take your chances they have a top class keeper and up top they fight and scrap for everything and have a threat on set pieces.

So for Utd it's simple a draw or win puts them out right top of the league going into the weekend clash with Liverpool so surely no more motivation is required for this one. Liverpool don't have to play mid week so they'll be well rested ahead of the weekend.

It's hard to pick an XI until we know who is fit my guess is based on the assumption that everyone is fit think he'll go quite attacking with only 1 holding player.

DDG

AWB Bailly Maguire Telles

Fred Pogba

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Martial

Big risk currently is Maguire is one yellow card away from a ban gets booked tomorrow and he misses Anfield I know he's not everyones cup of tea but he's the best we've got so an important player.
When I read your post it seems like you are getting your excuses in prior to the event.
We will smash this lot. Nae bother!

When I read your post it seems like you are getting your excuses in prior to the event.
We will smash this lot. Nae bother!

Just doing my own little match preview I quite like writing it maybe others might find them useful try to have a little look at how the opponent is doing as well as part of it. Just realised I didn't actually offer a prediction I think it'll be 3-1 to Utd.

No one spotted the clanger in it yet either as Big Eddie Cavani has completed his ban and is available.

We should be fine tomorrow on reflection think we might see Matic start instead of Fred just for the extra height on the set pieces and maybe they'll give Cavani the start as not sure he'll start at Anfield.

Like many games match their effort and work rate and let your ability take over.

All your remaining league games are must win...
...except Liverpool and City, which are must not lose.
Maybe that deserves a hahahahaha!!!
Least l deserve.

I'd agree this is a must win game. Cannot afford to drop points in a game like this before Sundays game if we want to be a part of the title conversation. Win this emphatically and go in to Sunday top of the league and buzzing.

Sound like Burnley are missing a lot of players tonight. Read up to 9 first team players missing.

5 days before the Liverpool game so i'm not expecting a massive amount of rotation.

De Gea

AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw

McT Pogba

Rashford Bruno Martial

Cavani

Is that through Covid? Burnley players?

I am expecting a comfotable win, rest players with 20 mins left. 0 - 4

So that will mean a real tight encounter :D

Im charged up for this one, were gonna batter them. Come on !!!! I been celebrating since 4pm :)
Top of the tree :) then sort that lot out Sunday...... here we go, here we go, here we go......

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I assume the 9 missing Burnley players are in the under 14s just seen their line up and it’s the same 11 that start nearly every game haha.

Happy with that line up should be more than enough quality to get a few goals don’t give them anything silly and 3 points should be in the bag.

Iffy start they’re all over us like a rash and struggling to win the duels on these long balls.

The space is out wide not in the centre we need to find a way to exploit that

That's ridiculous. Shaw gets the ball and it's a blatant red for Brady

Radio saying it's probably the right decision, left a bit in there

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back