Premier League 2020/21: Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United

For us too it's hard to really care about geographical rivalries. I get the bad blood between United and their hated enemies, and I get sports rivalries, but I guess I don't get that. I mean, I know the historical reasons for hating Liverpool and Leeds, and I know what their fans have done, etc., but we don't have that mentality in most cities where you want to bash rival fans. Occasionally fights happen, people being people, but nothing like I've seen in England or Europe. I went to a HSV match in Hamburg (Ruud was playing!) and the way the cops were on horses and everything was barricaded up and we were pushed through like cattle - was actually alarming. The opposition fans were nowhere to be seen, either.

The vast majority of that sort of stuff is long gone it's all mouth and very little action now. Yeah the rivalries still exist on the pitch but between fans it's very different now hooliganism has been and pretty much gone in the UK (had a bit of a recent rise).

You're just as likely to see fans fighting with their own as you are the opposition.

This is mainly down to very aggressive policing which has seen hooligans banned and once you get one of these banning orders it really does mess your life up as it restricts where you can go on match days or travel. They also do a lot more to keep away fans away from home fans now not just in the ground but around it.

Manchester might be the “fire capital” of the world if Ole trips over his shoe laces again today.
Los Angeles... San Francisco is much nicer.
Sydney... out of this world.

Yeah been a ropey start.

Shaw and Bruno giving the ball away a lot in the final 1/3 with easy passes not hitting the target.

Team still looks very heavy legged there’s no real pressure on the ball when they have it

I think this will settle and we will take control

You’d hope so they look the more dangerous side hit both posts.

Just struggling to get anything going and they seem first to every ball.

Need t up the speed of our play quite a bit to pull them apart feels very easy for them.

1-0

Maupey penalty done the keeper with the Panenca

Given away by Bruno no doubt.

Deserved once again Utd not at the races at all

Get in. Back on level terms before half time was very important.

Not been watching but caught sky news and we had just scored. Just checked now and see it was disallowed and Brighton have scored. I am glad I am not watching today.

1-1

Might be Maguire but might be a dunk OG.

Rashford for DVDB and move Fernandes wide? He's playing the game so slowly.

Rashford for DVDB and move Fernandes wide? He's playing the game so slowly.
Could make it quite narrow though? Not sure Fernandes would stay out wide. What about Martial out wide? Ighalo on for Rashford.

Christ Marcus check your line that’s two now.

Lingard and VDB the only real attacking options off the bench today.

1-2 Rashford lovely goal

That Connolly is a diving little git isn’t he Vardy levels of sh*thousing just looking for penalties the ref should have booked him for that second one or do we not book players for trying to con the ref anymore.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back