Premier League 2020/21: Aston Villa vs Man Utd 9th May 14:05 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Utd begin their crazy run of fixtures following the postponment 3 points pretty much guarantees the top 4 finish but Villa have been a good side this season but are missing their main man Jack Grealish since he's been injured they've lost the attacking spark he brings to them but they remain solid at the back.

Utd now play 3 games in 4 days something that will require Ole to use the full extent of his squad I think we might see Leicester rest players Tuesday ahead of the cup final so we may see a very weak Utd side in that game they can dress it up as a fight for second but to be honest does that really mean anything?

It didn't seem like there were any new injuries last night and a few lads got rests either from the start or not completing the full 90 minute but James did miss the trip to Rome so he will likely be a doubt.

Henderson

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Fred McTominay

Rashford Bruno Pogba

Greenwood

Nailed the starting XI.

Big chance for Utd to cement our top 4 spot a win take us to 70 points meaning West Ham can get level on points with us and Liverpool can’t catch us.

1-0 Traore

Hell of a shot from a tight angle but sloppy play around the box cost us.

Another comeback required from the lads

Not played badly at all but just not quite been happening in the final third. Villa haven’t done much apart from the goal but we do need to be better in the second half which sure we will!

Villa have just upped it I think more aggressive and up for it Utd looked ragged.

Been a good game we just need to be a bit more clinical I think Cavani would make a huge difference there’s half chances there in the box waiting to be pounced on.

Was fuming at the ref stopping it for Konsa being injured he then decides to restart it with a free kick to them and they didn’t even give us the ball back

1-1

Fernandes (pen)

Good play by Pogba to win the penalty but stupid play by Douglas Luiz

Commentators said earlier United have gone 1-0 down more often than they've gone 1-0 up this season. Ridiculous.

Maguire off injured just put him in my fantasy team so that’s to be expected FFS.

Hopefully nothing serious.

This will be 9th time Villa have led United at home and not won

Yeah he’s not had a good day today.

Under pressure here

Be a big chunk of injury time.

Looks like it’ll be 4-3-3 with Matic on now

On the radio, lindelof sounded terrible on the villa goal.

Cavani with another

1-3

Cavani

Absolute top class centre forward if he does goor even stays we have to have a player like him in the squad.

On the radio, lindelof sounded terrible on the villa goal.

Cavani with another

He’s just been weak today not at his best and I think they’ve targeted him.

We are just a bunch of teases really. Give teams a lead but know we will do the business in the second half.

This was on very much in the background with the sound off, so I only caught bits and pieces up until the last 15 min which I actually watched. It seemed like Lindelof was back to his...’best’ and Rashford seemed to have the ball in good positions only to choose the wrong option. There was one break in particular in the second half where he should’ve played Cavani in much sooner and ended up just giving Villa the ball. We need him back in form for the EL final and certainly for next season.

Cavani. What more can I say? Defensive header in his own box. Scores with a brilliant run (and cross from Rashford) and proper CF header. We need him, or a younger version of him in the squad next season.

If you picked the starting XI for the Europa final tomorrow Rashford in this form isn’t in it.

He’s been in poor form for ages we know he’s playing injured as he wants to go to the euros but should Southgate even risk picking him.

What is it with United and needing to fall behind before they answer? Its a great and important trait to have but they'll need to sort that next year. I don't think 31 points from losing positions is really sustainable. But it'll put them in a good position to know they can turn things around in future years.

Coupla standout features about the game . 1. Congratulations to young Greenwood, highest scoring teenager for Man U in EPL. His achievements in all comps is going really well also, 3rd only to Whiteside and Georgie Best ( I remember his quiet spell mid season and I suggested he be loaned out in Jan window. I also remember eating my words about a month later)
2. Lindleof, atrocious!!!
3. Game would have been over by halftime if we had a No. 9 on the park , as Eddi showed us later in the game

If you picked the starting XI for the Europa final tomorrow Rashford in this form isn’t in it.

He’s been in poor form for ages we know he’s playing injured as he wants to go to the euros but should Southgate even risk picking him.
OMG, I've finally found a fellow fan who agrees with what I've been saying for quite some time. His overall form is very concerning. 5 goals in his last 23 games does not impress, not at all. He played a delicious cross in for Eddi to finish with aplomb. That was virtually his only contribution in the game, and he played it while out on the right wing.
What really concerns me the most is his manner. His body language, involvement with teammates and what would seem, his lack of desire. Take Rashford back to 2 years ago and if a move broke down on his side of the field, he would run thru a brick wall to retrieve that ball. He'd run a 50 metre sprint to put the ball out for a throw-in rather than let the opponents have a corner.
He is starting to display a certain attitude on the pitch that his French strike partner is infamous for. Martial will have to be sold, or used in a player plus cash deal, hopefully. I'm dreading Rashford doesnt fall onto the same path!

This was on very much in the background with the sound off, so I only caught bits and pieces up until the last 15 min which I actually watched. It seemed like Lindelof was back to his...’best’ and Rashford seemed to have the ball in good positions only to choose the wrong option. There was one break in particular in the second half where he should’ve played Cavani in much sooner and ended up just giving Villa the ball. We need him back in form for the EL final and certainly for next season.

Cavani. What more can I say? Defensive header in his own box. Scores with a brilliant run (and cross from Rashford) and proper CF header. We need him, or a younger version of him in the squad next season.
Delicious cross from Rashford, from the right wing. Why the hell is he played on the left. Not his forte!

OMG, I've finally found a fellow fan who agrees with what I've been saying for quite some time. His overall form is very concerning. 5 goals in his last 23 games does not impress, not at all. He played a delicious cross in for Eddi to finish with aplomb. That was virtually his only contribution in the game, and he played it while out on the right wing.
What really concerns me the most is his manner. His body language, involvement with teammates and what would seem, his lack of desire. Take Rashford back to 2 years ago and if a move broke down on his side of the field, he would run thru a brick wall to retrieve that ball. He'd run a 50 metre sprint to put the ball out for a throw-in rather than let the opponents have a corner.
He is starting to display a certain attitude on the pitch that his French strike partner is infamous for. Martial will have to be sold, or used in a player plus cash deal, hopefully. I'm dreading Rashford doesnt fall onto the same path!

Think the effort and application is fine but you can see he's frustrated the injury must be stopping him from being 100% in full flow maybe afriad of going into 50/50's for example and he's had to play a lot of games in different positions.

Southgate not picking him for the Euro's could do him a massive favour go and have a rest get the surgery you clearly need and come back stronger next season. He'd be gutted to miss the Euro as England have got a real shot at doing something special in this tournament if they get a bit of momentum they really shouldn't have much to fear (apart from France).

I'm not at all worried about Rashford back to back 20 goal seasons off the wing the lad is class he just isn't anywhere near fit but unlike others he plays through the pain and if Utd had more depth in the squad they'd have sent him for surgery months ago rather than playing him through his problems.

It's not coming off for him at the moment but he's still there trying to help the team and the fact he's willing to move position to accomodate others without sulking is a quality I like.

Think the effort and application is fine but you can see he's frustrated the injury must be stopping him from being 100% in full flow maybe afriad of going into 50/50's for example and he's had to play a lot of games in different positions.

Southgate not picking him for the Euro's could do him a massive favour go and have a rest get the surgery you clearly need and come back stronger next season. He'd be gutted to miss the Euro as England have got a real shot at doing something special in this tournament if they get a bit of momentum they really shouldn't have much to fear (apart from France).

I'm not at all worried about Rashford back to back 20 goal seasons off the wing the lad is class he just isn't anywhere near fit but unlike others he plays through the pain and if Utd had more depth in the squad they'd have sent him for surgery months ago rather than playing him through his problems.

It's not coming off for him at the moment but he's still there trying to help the team and the fact he's willing to move position to accomodate others without sulking is a quality I like.
Virtually every winger in EPL changes sides of the park on numerous occasions each game.
On the Euros, I'd suggest that Scotland has a "gimme" in the group stage!

Pretty much this. He's only 23 years old and has had a fairly steady upward trajectory over his time in the first team. He's clearly not fit and this is his first real setback and I think he's been trying to do too much to compensate for what he knows he can't do right now.

From a United point of view, it'd be for the best if he doesn't go this summer and is allowed to recuperate/have surgery/do whatever he needs to do to get better, but if Southgate asks him, Rashford isn't going to say no. Probably also why he's been playing so many matches for United this season. He's a baller who wants to play, and Ole can't pull rank and sit him down because he doesn't have any real options.

Virtually every winger in EPL changes sides of the park on numerous occasions each game.
On the Euros, I'd suggest that Scotland has a "gimme" in the group stage!

Some wingers can play both side but to suggest they all can and do every game is total nonsense mate.

Your wingers swapping sides is normally a sign that your plan hasn't worked or the result of substitution but very few wide players in the Premier League can play both sides and be effective.

The point is do you risk taking a player who realistically can't currently play 90 minutes of football? If you take Rashford you have to start him because if you put him on and he takes a heavy challenge you probably have to take him off again. He can clearly play through the pain he's in but it's clearly impacting his game as he's not looked anywhere near the player we saw earlier in the season. England have so many wide player options I think he's at serious risk of missing out.

The surgery they're delaying already means he'll miss the start of next season for Utd.

Well I've clearly not found a fellow fan who agrees with me on certain points.But u must agree that Scotland's got a gimme?

Well I've clearly not found a fellow fan who agrees with me on certain points.But u must agree that Scotland's got a gimme?

It is certainly on paper a game we should win but we know the Scots will be up for it and they've actually got a pretty decent team at the moment.

I've followed England long enough to not think of any game as a gimme .

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back