Premier League 2019/20: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester United

Don't want to be too critical of Ole butwhere's the changes? Why so late? Or a clear indication that he doesn't trust the guys on the bench.

Well I guess the subs bench isn’t the best and won’t really get any better as the season goes on.

So 1-1. On the face of it not a bad point, a lot of teams are going to get beat by Wolves here but it’s very disappointing especially with how we controlled the first half and then missed a penalty.

Unfortunately I think ole showed himself to be weak tonight. He should be making sure rashford takes that penalty. Brought Greenwood on with 2 minutes left

Unfortunately I think ole showed himself to be weak tonight. He should be making sure rashford takes that penalty. Brought Greenwood on with 2 minutes to go

I can see the benefit in alternating the pens though. The press is going crazy over it, which is silly. If that's our way to do it then thats our way to do it, it doesn't make the manager weak. It might be a poor decision, it goes in and it's not.

As for the subs, it's a problem with a weak bench

If you have 2 players that score all their penalties I could maybe see the point in alternating. If you have one that has scored all his penalties and one that has missed 4 then that cannot be allowed for me. Personally I think it does show weak leadership both from the manager and the captain, who I think still hasn't signed a contract. It may not be but it smacks of trying to appease players who might want a move.

As for subs, yes it's a weak bench but if you have the "best finisher at the club" on the bench and need a goal you don't wait until the 88th minute to substitute. Plus I think we have to be careful with our young players in terms of keeping them interested. Chong, Gomes, and Greenwood, apart from the odd 5 minutes are getting no football at all. I would prefer to se gomes to mata as things stand

Think we probably did enough to win it because we controlled 2/3 of the game but a draw wasn't an unfair result Wolves were always in the game because it's so hard to score against them they are an absolute nightmare to play against.

Both goals were moments of quality Utd a bit of team quality the pass from Rashford and great runs by Shaw & Martial who whipped in a great finish and Wolves with a clever set piece to find Neves in acres of space. Utd should be disappointed by this the last man who should ever have that space on the edge of the box is Neves he is probably the best shooter from outside the box in the league.

Last 2 times we went to Wolves and lost and similar to last season we went ahead then lost the grip of the game the positive is after they scored we got control back we didn't lose our heads like we did last year.

The half time change caught us out Traore not only stopped Shaw from getting forward like he was first half but he really pinned us back with his speed something they hadn't done at all in the first half.

Wolves are hard to play against but I think our quality in the final 1/3 was poor all night apart from the goal there was very little inter play between our forward lines and barely a chance created, set piece delivery was also shockingly poor and needs improving. Apart from Periera who isn't going to start every game we don't really have someone who you can say puts in a dangerous cross was strange seeing Shaw getting dragged across the pitch to swing in corners.

More worrying is you look to the bench and there isn't really much there maybe Mata could have come on sooner or Periera to replace Lingard but neither are really off the bench game changers and we are taking big gambles with Greenwood. We are very short of players if we get injuries we are going to be putting massive pressure on youth team players to be able to step up.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back