Premier League 2019/20 ~ Newcastle United vs Manchester United

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
So it's must win again against probably the worst team in the league who got pumped 5-0 in their last game.

Injury wise I guess we have to wait to hear on Shaw, Wan-Bissaka, Pogba & Martial but have to assume none of them will be available. Wan Bissaka was illness so I'd say he'll probably be back.

Lingard is probably out too not that it makes any difference.

DDG

AWB Maguire Lindelöf Young

McTominay Fred

Greenwood Mata James

Rashford

I'd probably play Matic ahead of Mata just to make sure we dominate the midfield area enough that the 3 can stay forward.

Hopefully we can get a win but my head says draw.

Squad:

Goalkeepers:
De Gea, Romero, Grant.

Defenders: Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Rojo, Young, Williams.

Midfielders: McTominay, Matic, Fred, Mata, Gomes.

Forwards: Pereira, Chong, Greenwood, Rashford, James.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No Lindelof despite being in the squad, maybe picked up an injury but another good chance for Tuanzebe this time in his favoured position.

Mata in. Sigh.

Just look at that bench people can moan about starting XI’s but what else has he got to work with?

Very sluggish start.

McTominay really is a shining light in this team.

So many players who can’t play quick because the touch isn’t good enough.

Teams play through us so easily think we need 3 in midfield going forward this season

Watching us is like a chore at the moment. Our quality on the ball is so so average.

At least Fred tried a forward pass a little while ago but when that’s as good as it gets in 20 minutes then you’ve got problems.

Honestly if I see Young drive another corner kick then I may scream. Why isn’t Pereira taking them? He’s got a much better delivery than Young!

It’s just little things that annoy me now.

Young at left back when you’ve got 2 left backs on the bench one of them is an international even if he is a bit rubbish.

Mata what is the point honestly bringing nothing to the team.

Periera comes so narrow all the time when the midfielders get the ball they have no option wide.

Dalot what do you actually do?

Rashford very static needs to take gambles and make runs.

Set pieces are so bad it’s clearly a tactic but it’s dreadful get the ball in with speed and just attack it.

This is only going to go one way.

Totally agree with everything jsp said above. I think Pereira showed with that shot that he can have a little impact in the middle. Mata looks like he’s running in treacle. But overall it’s awful from us.

Honestly this looks like 19th vs 20th and that’s not even hyperbole.

Forgot Rashford was even playing. It’s like he has no faith in getting a ball so he doesn’t even bother trying!

I have to be honest I have never been a huge fan of Marcus. I think he has a place in the squad and I think he is better than his present performances suggest but I have doubts he will ever be a top quality striker

Yep these players just aren’t good enough no amount of coaching, effort or training will sort it out they don’t have the skill or knowledge how to play the game.

He could chuck some kids on and see what happens but don’t think that’s fair either.

Maguire has got to score that a team this bad can’t afford to miss easy chances.

We knew it was a long way back to the top but right now it’s lo9king a long way back to top 4.

If you were being truthfully honest we are struggling to look like a top ten team.

Dalot injured again another one for the scrap heap injured all the time can’t handle it.

Looking better since we went 4-4-2 creating a few chances.

What a stupid goal to concede had them on the ropes and we let them score that easily.

Periera going way to deep playing Willems onside

There has been some supreme lows since Fergie left but this would be well up there!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back