Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
100px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Wednesday, 4th December 2019
Premier League
Old Trafford
19:30 GMT

Going to smash them I reckon. This is where we turn everything around. Ole’s at the wheel!

We’ll probably actually put in good performances against Tottenham and City. We’re very Everton like in that we play at the level of the team we’re playing.

Yeah done well in the bigger games generally this season Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal & Liverpool have all been games where we've had good spells of control even if in two of them we let leads slip and didn't kill off the opponent.

Team wise we don't know yet of any returning players Matic and Pogba are at the training ground but no idea if they are fit or what is even going on with Matic at all.

I think we might see a return to the back 3 system that we've used a few times.

DDG

Lindelöf Maguire Tuanzebe

AWB Fred Garner Shaw

Lingard

Martial Rashford

I think he has to drop Periera after the last 2 games he's been awful and unless someone is fit to come back then it's Garner as the next guy up would be a huge game to throw him in but not sure we have much choice.

Lingard has been bright enough to get the start as the 10 and I think you want James fully recharged for the City game and I'd be looking to use him as an impact player in this game.

If he does play the back 3 I'd prefer to see Lindelöf in the middle with Tuanzebe right side and Maguire left think it's harsh asking the youngest most inexperienced player to be the one out of position Maguire played that left side role at the world cup.

Who knows what Utd team will turn up.

Guess a 3-5-2 with Rashford and James up top with Lingard in the number 10 role. McTominay and Matic are touch and go’s apparently.

But damn Martial, no time to take him out of my fantasy football.

Guess a 3-5-2 with Rashford and James up top with Lingard in the number 10 role. McTominay and Matic are touch and go’s apparently.

But damn Martial, no time to take him out of my fantasy football.

Same stuck with him for one more week before moving to Alli and the guy is injured.

Think you are probably right James will probably start up top now like he did vs Liverpool

Who do we think starts tonight? I'll be surprised if it's anyone but Fred and Periera in the middle of McTominay isn't fit. You simply can't throw a kid in to this game. Maybe Jones?

I wouldn't be surprised if we play a 4-3-3 and match them.

If we do go 3-5-2 and Jones is on the left of the three i'll cry. Though this Mourinho Spurs look as though if you keep Alli quiet you can blunt them. Maybe he could follow him about a bit!

Who do we think starts tonight? I'll be surprised if it's anyone but Fred and Periera in the middle of McTominay isn't fit. You simply can't throw a kid in to this game. Maybe Jones?

I wouldn't be surprised if we play a 4-3-3 and match them.

If we do go 3-5-2 and Jones is on the left of the three i'll cry. Though this Mourinho Spurs look as though if you keep Alli quiet you can blunt them. Maybe he could follow him about a bit!

I'd rather throw you in than Jones the man is a walking disaster that should never play another minute for the club!

I think it'll be 3-4-1-2 with Fred and Periera in midfield Lingard as a number 10 dropping back in to make the 3 in midfield when defending.

Spurs have gone back to 4-2-3-1 under Jose with Alli playing in behind Kane with Moura/Son out wide. This is where Alli probably had his best years as a Spurs player. I think that front 4 for Spurs will force us to go with a back 3 and offer Spurs the wide areas.

It's a tricky one to call Mourinho is naturally cautious you assume he'll come here and play for a low scoring game but that probably doesn't suit his team so will we see him go for it? He knows if you sit deep and play counter attack vs this Utd side they can't really hurt you if you come at them they can hurt you so I think he'll setup his team to sit deep because he knows the home crowd will force Utd to come forward.

I think one of McTominay or Matic will surprise us and be fit tonight.

I would like to see Greenwood start in this one, I think it’s time to unleash him from the start in the league and see what he can do. A front three of him, Rashford and James will cause Spurs problems if we do go 3-5-2.

I think one of McTominay or Matic will surprise us and be fit tonight.

I would like to see Greenwood start in this one, I think it’s time to unleash him from the start in the league and see what he can do. A front three of him, Rashford and James will cause Spurs problems if we do go 3-5-2.

How are you playing a front 3 if it's 3-5-2? :p

I think you need to hold 1 player back for the bench you need to have someone you can bring on to change it if all 3 of them start then your only attacking option from the bench is Lingard.

Well I meant the front two and the one just behind! :cool:

To be honest wouldn’t you rather have the three best players on the pitch from the start? It could be all over by 60/70 mins the way we have been playing of late.

I hope Mourinho comes and is negative. I’ve got a feeling that he’ll want to make an absolute point tonight.

Lets hope his first return to Old Trafford goes as well as his first return to Stamford Bridge.

Wonderful goal from Alli. To be honest this isn’t surprising, we cannot seem to keep leads.

Surely that hits his arm though. Have we changed the rules half way through the season?

Surely that hits his arm though. Have we changed the rules half way through the season?
Yeah brushes his arm for sure, you can see the slight deviation on the ball. Honestly until the VAR system can be totally ironed out then it’s a hindrance in my opinion.

And we hold on. Phew.

Rashford was phenomenal. Overall a terrific performance, our best of the season.

It finally feels great to say that it was a game WE DESERVED TO WIN.

So we can pull a performance out of the bag for a top six team (yeah, I'm aware of Spurs' position) but lose regularly to everyone else? Isn't that the epitome of a mid table team?

Didn't see tonight's game; glad to read we played well. When Ole can get us playing like this when the player's egos aren't up for it, I'll believe he's the man for the job.

I disagree, there aren’t many mid table teams that outplay the top teams it’s generally a smash and grab win. The problem is that we haven’t worked out how to break down teams that aren’t open enough and we can’t handle the long ball which the bigger teams don’t generally play.

‘Yet one look at the respective substitutes' bench shows United are crying out for reinforcements when the transfer window opens next month.

Whereas Mourinho had six experienced full internationals to turn to as he tried to change the game in Tottenham's favour, Solskjaer had two and neither Luke Shaw nor Juan Mata have won a cap for quite some time.’

From the Match report. Our squad is too bare.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back