Premier League 2019/20: Manchester United v Manchester City

Watching McTominay's goal on a loop. When the ball is just crossing into the box the crowd has already started roaring, they know it's going in, and when it hits the net it was like a champagne cork popping.

Even without the Ederson blunders we should have been awarded a penalty for the foul on Fred, and a 1-0 from the penalty also would have been a fair scoreline. To win 2-0 from open play is even sweeter. We had two chances waiting with Bruno open in the middle of their box and both times no one passed to him. If we can get our players to get their heads up earlier, goals will go flying in. Today even a 4-0 scoreline would have been fair.

I remember when McTominay first broke into the first team, I saw/read a lot of comments about how he would never be good enough, and I personally feel he has proved all his doubters wrong. I absolutely love what he brings to the side, and he's still young (23) and only going to get better. I see him and Williams being giants for us for the next decade.

I like seeing Shaw and Williams working in tandem, they have very different approaches and complement each other well. Maybe wingbacks is the way to go.

And massive credit to Bruno. He has transformed this team. He has been a dream signing. His impact has been what I thought we were going to get with Pogba. Hats off to the scouts and to Ole for bringing Bruno in. Ole's signings have all been pretty good, even Ighalo, who was exactly what the game was crying out for today. He hasn't put a foot wrong.

This team is really shaping up. One or two minor deficiencies, like Daniel James on the right, but James is doing well enough and also will only get better. Imagine a real charging right-sided winger in this team, with Rashford back... GOALS.

I've just seen the clips of Bruno telling Pep to "shh", Bruno really is a legend! If you missed it (as I did during the game), at one point the ball goes out, Pep picks up, Bruno comes to get it and Pep throws the ball away. Then the two engage in some back and forth banter, finally Bruno puts his finger up to his lips, does the "shh" and points at the ground. LEGEND!

It really is amazing how one player has utterly rejuvenated our side. I've said it a few times but it might bear repeating that we haven't really seen what Ole is capable of because he didn't have his players. Imagine if we had landed Haland as well.

That's a great result and a great performance.

This team is really showing some fight and belief. That warm weather break Ole, seems to have sorted our defence out too, they are doing really well.

James might not have the confidence of the finish at the moment, but his speed surely makes the other team think. Ighalo did well when he came on and you can just tell he loves the club.

We seem to be shipping out the players who are here for money and changing them for players who want to do well for the club. This is a huge change Ole has brought about.

I can't see us catching Chelsea with their game run, but Leicester! maybe.

I'm really happy with the last couple of months. It was always going to be a hard turnaround, and I'm glad most of the fans and the board have stuck by Ole. He's definitely got a vision and currently it is working.

A great result and a decent performance. It helps playing a City side who look like they've given up on the league; for a derby game, they were pretty half arsed.

If James can sort his decision making out, he'll be a dangerous player.

some great video's from the crowd for McToms goal on youtube

Watching McTominay's goal on a loop. When the ball is just crossing into the box the crowd has already started roaring, they know it's going in, and when it hits the net it was like a champagne cork popping.

Even without the Ederson blunders we should have been awarded a penalty for the foul on Fred, and a 1-0 from the penalty also would have been a fair scoreline. To win 2-0 from open play is even sweeter. We had two chances waiting with Bruno open in the middle of their box and both times no one passed to him. If we can get our players to get their heads up earlier, goals will go flying in. Today even a 4-0 scoreline would have been fair.

I remember when McTominay first broke into the first team, I saw/read a lot of comments about how he would never be good enough, and I personally feel he has proved all his doubters wrong. I absolutely love what he brings to the side, and he's still young (23) and only going to get better. I see him and Williams being giants for us for the next decade.

I like seeing Shaw and Williams working in tandem, they have very different approaches and complement each other well. Maybe wingbacks is the way to go.

And massive credit to Bruno. He has transformed this team. He has been a dream signing. His impact has been what I thought we were going to get with Pogba. Hats off to the scouts and to Ole for bringing Bruno in. Ole's signings have all been pretty good, even Ighalo, who was exactly what the game was crying out for today. He hasn't put a foot wrong.

This team is really shaping up. One or two minor deficiencies, like Daniel James on the right, but James is doing well enough and also will only get better. Imagine a real charging right-sided winger in this team, with Rashford back... GOALS.
Got to agree with you about mct. I was one of the doubters. I had watched him throughout his early says and not seen anything to make me think he would make it at United. He has proved me well and truly wrong

When we played City in the Cup what did KDB say after? It only took 15 minutes to make a plan to beat United I couldn’t help myself if I was a united player I’d have to say it only took 10 minutes to work out how to beat city 3 times this season

Thank god folk are starting to see the future and what Ole is on the process of doing.
I think we will displace Chelsea for 4th and next season will be one to look forward to

Thank god folk are starting to see the future and what Ole is on the process of doing.
I think we will displace Chelsea for 4th and next season will be one to look forward to
I think next season will be an exciting one for once I also think Leicester will drop down the table too if not this season definitely next season when the big guns come calling for there players and I think once Liverpool win the league it will be very hard to motivate the players for next season what Fergie was so good at doing, look at Man City.

Fernandinho, Ederson, Gündogan, Aguero, D.Silva, B.Silva, Jesus etc quality around ManC squad perhaps competitor for United is my team if United get failed players to squad Sancho a wrong athletic and Kane wrong and Pogba wrong.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back