Premier League 2019/20: Manchester United v Liverpool

Would have taken that at the start of the day. But after the game I’m gutted we’ve thrown that away.

Do you think we’ll persist with the 3-5-2 or it was a one of because of their front 3?

Do you think we’ll persist with the 3-5-2 or it was a one of because of their front 3?

I think we might see it when we play City but I'm not sure you can give City the same sort of control in midfield to be honest it worked a treat yesterday because it pinned the Liverpool full backs in their half in the first half and it let their midfielders who can't really hurt you have the ball. I'm not sure if Southampton used it vs Liverpool but Sheff Utd definitely did and really they should have taken something from that game.

It made us very hard to get through but it made us pretty toothless in attack did we even force a save from the keeper? I know Fred and Rashford hit a few half chances off target but going forward it made us very limited and when Liverpool worked out how to counter it we started to struggle. That said no matter what formation we play creating chances has been a problem all season.

There's also the issue is now that teams have seen it they can prepare for it I think the element of surprise was part of what made it work yesterday.

I don't think we can play like that every week Utd have to be a front foot team the fans demand it but it doesn't hurt to have an alternative switch in the locker.

Just seen the highlights, two things:
i was expecting some kind of awful foul judging by all the press, doesn't look a foul to me, would be a soft one.
The Liverpool goal, I'm really disappointed we dropped two points like that, Rojo should have put it in the stands, what was Young doing :-/ this highlights our weak squad, neither should be playing.

Was it Rojo? Thought it was Lindelof that should have just booted it clear.

looks like Rojo to me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Both can take some blame. But I’m blaming Lindelof. He’s at the front post and not in line with the goal. Deal with it but he actually steps away from it. For Rojo is much more difficult because he’s facing goal with the ball fizzing past him and easy to put that away himself and not get it up and out.

Lindeloff had someone right in front of him, if he lashed out he could have given away a penalty. Rojo lost his man, drifted around, could have cleared the ball, and the man he was marking went on to score. Rojo all the way for me.

Young, was just standing around marking no one and not following play.

I can see the argument I just expect the person at the front post to deal with it and he’s failed to.

The mistake by Lindelöf is allowing Firmino to get in front of him once he does that he's helpless but the guys at the back post Rojo/Young were not prepared for that cross neither spotted Lallana who had just kind of held out. You might find if you watch it back that for a lot of crosses they didn't have anyone coming in back post so that spot was always free Lallana who came on as a sub just happened to finally exploit that gap.

I think Robertson probably totally mishit the cross caught everyone out as I think he was trying to hit a high ball the fact it came in low caught everyone a bit by surprise. If it had gone in high they'd have probably been able to deal with it before it got to Lallana.

Firmino going for it and missing it didn't really help Lindelöf once he's across him all you can really do is try to get the block on it Firmino totally missing the ball leaves you pretty helpless.

The bigger concern for me with Lindelöf yesterday was on the goal that was chalked off he got very lucky as he was very easily pushed over by Mane after he'd controlled it and he was very fortunate that there was a handball to bail him out when it went to VAR.

The bigger concern for me with Lindelöf yesterday was on the goal that was chalked off he got very lucky as he was very easily pushed over by Mane after he'd controlled it and he was very fortunate that there was a handball to bail him out when it went to VAR.

I was also worried about this. He was in control of the situation yet poor decision making allowed Mane to come around behind him and steal in to score. You could tell by his reaction he knew he was at fault and it wasn't until De Gea and Maguire were telling him that it was handball, that he was finally relieved. He is not strong enough to partner Maguire at the centre of the defence.

I was also worried about this. He was in control of the situation yet poor decision making allowed Mane to come around behind him and steal in to score. You could tell by his reaction he knew he was at fault and it wasn't until De Gea and Maguire were telling him that it was handball, that he was finally relieved. He is not strong enough to partner Maguire at the centre of the defence.

Tend to agree never really been sold on him I think eventually Utd will have to go and buy another centre back if we want a title winning defence maybe Tuenzebe will take his spot over time but his lack of physical attributes are a problem in a game where refs don't give fouls every time someone touches you.

Tend to agree never really been sold on him I think eventually Utd will have to go and buy another centre back if we want a title winning defence maybe Tuenzebe will take his spot over time but his lack of physical attributes are a problem in a game where refs don't give fouls every time someone touches you.

I think Tuanzebe is the long term solution, he just needs to stay fit and perform consistently in a long run of games.

I think Tuanzebe is the long term solution, he just needs to stay fit and perform consistently in a long run of games.

I think it is way to early to tell what he will be. He's done well in the championship but the step up here is huge and he's already made one massive mistake vs Arsenal that cost us a goal but I'm happy to see him get plenty of games this season and see what we've got mistakes will happen it's part of the process but his reaction to it was spot on.

I'd rather we see him getting 30 games under his belt this season than Smalling or Jones playing those minutes as those two just aren't worth the effort anymore we know they're not good enough whereas giving that kid some time might get us someone who is good enough to be a starter or maybe he ends up being the 3rd of 4th choice once the squad is finished.

Lindeloff had someone right in front of him, if he lashed out he could have given away a penalty. Rojo lost his man, drifted around, could have cleared the ball, and the man he was marking went on to score.

Evra blames Lindelof

It wasn't a howler and there were others culpable too but he was certainly in part to blame. Struggles against pace and also strength so he really has a problem against a quick big man. I suspect axel will be playing by the end of the season

Evra blames Lindelof

Evra on MNF kind of went at everyone.

AWB for not getting out to the cross - to be fair Carragher made a fair point that he had a lot of ground to make up as Robertson crossed from very wide.
Lindelof for letting it past front post
Maguire for focusing on wrestling with Mane rather than looking at the ball
Rojo for not sticking with his man
Young for not covering round

Basically said it was a lot of individual errors which resulted in a goal if 1 person did their job properly they stop that goal it went past 3 defenders who all could and should have stopped that ball getting to the back post.

Ahh I’m in a pub for the Arsenal game and only saw him going at Lindelof.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back