Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
170px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Sunday, 20th October 2019
Premier League
Old Trafford
:30 BST

De Gea looks like he’s probably missing the game. Got subbed off for Spain.

Got a good record vs them at Old Trafford so wouldn't surprise me if we pull off a result their last 2 visits they were expected to win comfortably both times Utd came away with something.

The thing to exploit is the gap behind Alexander-Arnold having Martial back would be huge would allow us to play Rashford from the left side.

I guess we are waiting on news on Martial & Shaw who are apparently back in training although Young has done a job on Salah in recent seasons.

Not sure where Pogba is in terms of his recovery the reports before internationals were it was going to be a month.

Really have no idea how this game will end, I'm not getting my hopes up for the 3 points as the class between the 2 sides at the moment is huge.

Fear for Ole should we get hammered 4 or 5 nil, as although I dont think he is a tactical genius, I also dont think the primary problem is him and once he gets sacked (which is inevitable) the next guy will go through the same motions as the 4 that preceded him.

Might have two spares for sunday if anyone fancies it, will confirm on the forum nearer to sunday.

I think the last few years proves that no matter who you put in charge they will struggle to compete at the very top this is probably the worst manager we've had aligned to the worst squad we've had so it's not really surprising he's getting the worst results.

Liverpool are obviously flying 100% in the league already beaten both Chelsea and Arsenal this season and they have threats from a number of different places it's not just stop one man stop them if you can come up with a plan to handle the front 3 you then have to deal with the full backs. If you give them the ball eventually they'll break through you if you take the ball they'll exploit the gaps.

I think the best thing to do is try to start fast and get ahead but that's easier said than done they've got Allison back as well so that potential weak point of the reserve keeper being in has gone although he's a decent backup. Their squad has probably travelled further for international games than ours which is sometimes a factor but that's clutching at straws.

Pogba and DDG have been ruled out. This is going to be a thumping.
Rich, you’re being negative about our chances? Surely not!

I think the best thing to have in this game is no expectations, going to be extremely tough but let’s not rule out getting a result.The loss of De Gea isn’t awful because Romero is very capable. Pogba yes is a loss because he can spring that magic assist but we just have to work with what we have. Would love to see Martial back and starting, not only because we miss him upfront but because we can then whack Rashford back out to the left where he is hundred times more effective.

2-1 United.

Rich, you’re being negative about our chances? Surely not!
Maybe I'm negative but I also think actually it's an accurate reflection. This is a bad team, in bad form with now more injuries... Please by all means point out positives.

Maybe I'm negative but I also think actually it's an accurate reflection. This is a bad team, in bad form with now more injuries... Please by all means point out positives.
It can’t get much worse? We have to improve some time?

Another game where we are hoping for a win/draw rather than expecting one.

This is one of if not the best side in Europe (I personally think they're the best) but they do have off days if Utd can frustrate them and be ruthless when the chances fall we've got a good chance of getting something from the game but if Liverpool score first then it could be a disaster for us.

Man for Man they've got our number even when everyone is fit the combined XI is 9, 10 or 11 Liverpool players depending on how generous you are the only starting players for Utd who I think get in their team is Maguire and Pogba (on his good days) you could argue for De Gea but again at his very best yes but he's not been at that for the last 12 months. The other positions are all easy picks for Liverpool sadly they're miles ahead of us on the pitch at the moment but I don't think it would take much to cause a few cracks to appear.

We are sinking down the table if results stay the same today, 16th and falling. This game needs to be a win really!

Any news in the injuries?

We’ve had confirmation that Pogba and De Gea are out but before internationals we were also without AWB, Lindelof, Shaw, Lingard & Martial.

De Gea starts. Martial and Pogba dont. Martial makes the bench.

Salah doesn’t play.

Looks like a 3-5-2 according to Sky. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 4-3-3 with Tuanzebe left back and Young RW.

Think it’s worth a shot Tuanzebe in the middle, can’t be any worse than Matic in truth.

Scratch that Tuanzebe injured in the warm up, Rojo in. So what minute will Rojo be sent off? I’m gonna go 60.

Looks more 3-4-3 to me but basically it’s 7-0-3 let them have the ball and hope we can nick something on a break.

Half hour in and we’ve been the better side. But nothing to show for it. Also just seen our set piece record. That is ridiculous

Shouldn’t have been given. VAR is pointless but I’ll take it this time

VAR is ridiculous the way the PL are using it we all know that’s a foul but now they’ve banged on about the high bar and not made 1 big change in nearly 90 games they almost can’t use it.

Played early well totally unsettled Liverpool got right into them not given them and room to play but they’ve still created some good chances.

Got to keep going after them and getting a second like we did vs Chelsea my concern is like the other games half time will see us retreat and invite the opposition back into it.

He’s fearless goes in where it hurts and normally comes off the worst but keeps going in.

Think the legs are going not really sure what we have to change it though.

You don’t want to unsettle things when they’re doing a pretty good job of holding them.

How’s that got through there ffs. We’ve been comfortable in this game and thrown away two points.

Finished 1-1. Good game but we should have won that for sure. Disappointed in the end.

Such a shame we didn’t hang on the only way they were scoring was is someone switched off and sadly for us they did.

Utd totally lost our attacking threat second half happens a lot with this team the balls up to the strikers got worse.

1-1 is a good enough result though vs them they’re miles better than us and we held them probably should have won.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back