Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
170px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png

Saturday, 24th August 2019
Premier League
Old Trafford
:00 BST

Was at this game last season a total snooze fest 0-0 under Jose.

Wan Bissaka totally nullified Martial out wide who at the time was in good form and our main danger man.

Palace will sit very deep and look to counter attack they had some great results away to the top teams last season playing this way and nothing will have really changed.

Can see it being very similar to the first half vs Wolves so he might go for the same line up lots of the ball just trying to find our way through them.

I'd probably prefer to see Mata in ahead of Lingard as the number 10 give us a bit more creativity and control in the tight spaces he'd also give us a better option for set pieces.

3 points is essential really and would be nice to see them score a few goals and start building that fortress feeling around Old Trafford again.

Think we’ll see Greenwood starting today and maybe Pereira.

These are the sort of games we struggled with last year so we need to start strong and kill the game early.

Is it going to be one of those days. I am not watching but from Sky bet it looks like we are having s lot of shots?

Can someone explain to me how that’s not a penalty on Martial.

More penalty losses. How many points are these going to lose us this season.

Very unlucky with the penalty. Smashed the inside of the post

Well that’s a kick in the nuts

Seen the stats and read a few comments on twitter all the ball but no cutting edge sounds just like Wolves this is not a good team with the ball.

The defending on that first goal is awful from both centre backs Lindelof cannot lose that header and there’s no reason for Maguire to be so far out of position.

This side desperately needs a creative number 10 Lingard is not the answer in these games he’s a guy you want when you don’t have the ball.

Going to be a long season I’m afraid.

This team is exactly what I thought. Soft. Doesn't create enough. Doesn't score enough. Can't take the initiative when forced to create. The Chelsea result was a fluke.

Cheers Ed.

Well that’s a kick in the nuts

Seen the stats and read a few comments on twitter all the ball but no cutting edge sounds just like Wolves this is not a good team with the ball.

The defending on that first goal is awful from both centre backs Lindelof cannot lose that header and there’s no reason for Maguire to be so far out of position.

This side desperately needs a creative number 10 Lingard is not the answer in these games he’s a guy you want when you don’t have the ball.

Going to be a long season I’m afraid.

Maguire is so far out of position because Shaw is injured and hadn’t been subbed off for Young yet so was covering him. Came off immediately after the goal.

Maguire is so far out of position because Shaw is injured and hadn’t been subbed off for Young yet so was covering him. Came off immediately after the goal.

Fair enough they failed to highlight that on match of the day the gap makes a lot more sense now although arguably as a centre back you protect the centre of the pitch first you almost have to let them have it wide so I’d say he will probably still feel he went to far over.

Anyway what is the point in VAR?

Yesterday 3 big decisions all went to VAR to review.

Cahill should have had a red last man when no penalty is still a red or have I made that up?
Martial pulled down by Kelly, 1) how has the ref not given the original call and 2) how’s that not being corrective if that doesn’t meet the clear and obvious threshold what does?
Rashford tripped by the falling defender in the last few minutes again if we have the technology this has to be given.

This version of VAR the PL has come up with is the worst basically we are going to use it to take goals away for offside, assistants are still putting flags up and stopping play for marginal calls and we won’t be upsetting the refs by correcting their mistakes for pens and reds.

And another thing twice this week James has been booked for diving when he’s been fouled the refs need to get a grip of this and James needs to stop the arms flying back thing as that is what is making refs think he’s cheating.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back