Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
180px-Burnley_F.C._Logo.svg.png

Wednesday, 22nd January 2020
Premier League
Old Trafford
20:15 GMT

Lindelof has apparently been sent home sick from training.

De Gea

AWB Bailly Maguire Williams

Fred Matic

Greenwood Mata James

Martial

Points needed in the league rotation will have to happen in the cup

Lindelof has apparently been sent home sick from training.

De Gea

AWB Bailly Maguire Williams

Fred Matic

Greenwood Mata James

Martial

Points needed in the league rotation will have to happen in the cup

That team actually doesn't look too shabby, considering our (annual) injury crisis. I might switch Martial and Greenwood, though, or have them keep switching it up. I see Greenwood as being an out and out #9 and he's a clinical finisher, something Martial has forgotten how to do.

I wonder if there might be more to be had by using Greenwood as an impact sub / extra attacker should we need it, and bring in a wide player either from the U23s or move Dalot up. Just saw that Ole has talked about bringing Ethan Laird and Largie Ramazani into the first team. I think Ramazani can play wide, although he's tiny like Gomes.

Fosu-Mensah is available. I'd play him ahead of Bailly.

We are winning this either way. 2-0.

Think Greenwood is the only player we have who can play on the right I think at his age he needs the extra space you find out wide and that role on the right suits him.

Chelsea drop points again a chance to go 3 points off 4th win a win.

As for that team still a lot of weaknesses in it but should have enough to beat Burnley at home need Mata to bring the magic.

Williams could probably do with a rest. We’ve thrown him in a lot of games recently and this is all new to him.

Williams could probably do with a rest. We’ve thrown him in a lot of games recently and this is all new to him.

I think you play him in this one then rest him in the FA Cup and League Cup games let Shaw play those matches.

Utd need to be on the front foot in this game and Williams is our best left back option to do that.

Just read we haven’t beaten Burnley at OT since 2015 so they are our bogey team at home. Not sure if that’s true but I have remembered a couple of draws here of late like last seasons 2-2 when Lindelof scored last minute.

I think he has to go as strong as possible rotation has to wait until the FA Cup and League Cup games next week I doubt he planned to play Bailly but if Lindelöf is out sick he probably has to so I wouldn't suggest we also put Dalot in as well especially if the rumours about Maguire playing through pain are true.

Last season was the game where I think Periera gifted them a goal against the run of the play got caught on the ball and then a few years back Heaton had the game of his life against us in a 0-0 draw. It might have been the first game where we dropped points under Ole after that mad winning run.

They're not easy to beat they try to bully you but basically they aren't actually very good at football so if you can stand up to them physically and not let them rattle you then you can normally get the win but Utd look tired going forward right now without Rashford who was providing that spark.

Huge pressure on Martial to step up and lead that attack and deliver with Rashford gone for a few months he really needs to be the difference maker and take that pressure and thrive on it. It really is his time to shine.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why isn’t Greenwood starting?

I get we have to be careful but Mata and Periera is two people trying to do the same job not many players to inject speed into attacks.

Jones coming back in not a total surprise guessing they’ll give Bailly a start at the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing McNeil certainly should be someone on our radar.

Released by Utd at 14 but now in the first team at Burnley but looks a serious talent reminds me a bit of Di Maria but left footed just glides past people like they’re not there and puts in a very dangerous ball.

Very uninspiring line up. These have to be the games where Greenwood starts.

Always sends shivers up my spine when Jones starts.

Awful, awful, awful.

1-0 down at HT. We’ve had a few chances but without Rashford we are toothless. Got to get Greenwood and Gomes on.

Awful, awful, awful.

1-0 down at HT. We’ve had a few chances but without Rashford we are toothless. Got to get Greenwood and Gomes on.
Not replacing Lukaku was a mistake at the time and it's looking an even bigger mistake now.

Martial needs to stay in the middle stop going wide and doing other people’s jobs stay in the middle and do yours does my head in at times this guy. So much talent just don’t think he knows how to use it.

Another stupid goal given away at a set piece Jones gives away a pointless foul then we don’t defend a basic long ball tactic.

Truth is we’ve had 3 great chances to score and not taken them.

Greenwood on at half time for Periera.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back