Sideshow Bob

200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 7th December 2019
Premier League
Etihad Stadium
17:30 GMT

You would imagine this will be a defeat, we played well vs Spurs but City are pretty devastating in spells and not sure our side can live with it away from home. But saying that we have Ronaldo incarnate in Rashford so screw it - we are gonna nail them!!

It's going to be tough my guess is we'll setup similar to the Liverpool game in the 3-5-2 system with James and Rashford up top.

I guess the big question is will Pogba be back to make the midfield into a 3? I think you have to put 3 in the midfield vs City otherwise you'll just get destroyed so it's easy play a 3 or play a very tight 4-4-2 but we don't have enough centre mids to play a tight 4 in midfield. The key thing for me is we have to have a way out so that means 2 up top and we can all see City have weaknesses at the back.

I think the Spurs game will have taken a lot of energy so it will be tough to go again especially against City who will dominate the ball.

DDG

Lindelöf Maguire Tuanzebe/Rojo

AWB Fred McTominay Pogba/Lingard Shaw

James Rashford

I don't think we'll be able to play Pogba/Lingard as a number 10 and allow him to stay higher up like we have been but that's the guy who needs to be making the lung busting runs to join the attackers when we do get the ball.

Ole got a nice little dig in about City but it's pretty hard to take swipes at them these days as they're p*ssing all over us on and off the pitch.

Team news no Pogba but there's a chance Martial will be fit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope Martial is fully fit because we don’t need him breaking down part way through the game!

2-0 HT. Whirlwind.

City have all the tools and more to hurt us in the second half but if we want it then there is another goal or two for us here.

Also who is this Fred guy? Been a rock so far.

There’s one thing money cannot buy and that’s class. Terrible behaviour by their fans pelting Fred with lighters and bottles.

I hope we can use these last two games as a spring board. That’s 6 of the toughest points to earn in this league.

There will always be doubters but you’ve always got to keep the faith that things will turn around. I’m not so naive to think all things will be rosy from now on but this is a start and Ole has clearly shown in the big games he’s able to cut it. The important thing now is that we can win those lesser games when teams just sit and we cannot use our counter attacks as effectively.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back