Premier League 2019/20: Man Utd vs Brighton

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Sunday 2pm KO not on the TV in the UK... legally.

We know Young is suspended.

As far as we know none of the injured players are back and we may have also lost McTominay who went off with a knock last night.

So best guess at this stage would be

DDG

AWB Maguire Rojo Williams

McTominay Fred

Greenwood Rashford James

Martial

I think we might actually see him go with a very attacking line up I see no point in playing Lingard or Periera as the 10 or on the right because they create zilch in those roles in this system so I'd like to see them unleash Greenwood and just go for it a bit. Mata showed he's still got the creative spark but he just can't move anymore which means in the PL he can become a problem as he's just bullied by bigger, quicker, stronger players.

Brighton come with a new manager and totally new style Potter has made them a much more open and attacking side much more aggressive and front foot they battered Spurs a few weeks ago so Utd will need to be on their A game as I think they'll come and have a proper go at us as there's nothing to lose and nothing to fear going to Old Trafford these days for opposition teams.

We say it every time but it's must win stuff Utd have to get points on the board in the league and they need to go into this international break on the back of a positive result.

If we were to lose again Ole would be under serious pressure and with no game for 2 weeks it could be game over for him the fans patience is already wearing thin.

A good win could see us climb to 6th depending on results in other games a loss could see us fall even further down the table as things are all still quite bunched up but we're 10 points off Chelsea in 4th they've got a potential banana skin game at home to Palace who do great vs the top sides on the road so there's a chance we could close that gap to 7th.

I'm going for an optimistic 2-1 win.

Brighton coming to attack will play in to our hands. 3-1 United.

Well it’s usually one step forward, two steps back so yeah the second step back should be this weekend.

DDG

AWB Maguire Lindelof Williams

McTominay Fred

James Periera Rashford

Martial

Romero, Jones, Rojo, Mata, Lingard, Garner, Greenwood

Shame to see Greenwood on the bench think he deserves to be starting

1-0 Pereira. Now we need to fill our boots, don’t sit back and let this get to 1-1 which we do so often.

Well it can’t go 1-1. Love to see a statement win here really go in to the break on a high.

Brighton coming to attack will play in to our hands. 3-1 United.

Really hope it doesn’t finish like this. I bet on us -1 but the odds on 3-1 would have been much better.

I’m in the pub at a leaving so apparently an absolute bowler of a miss from Rashford.

Best performance in the league this season I would say. McTominay and Fred excellent in the middle (best I’ve seen Fred for us), the front there were outstanding and Williams at left back was so good. The only negatives were we should have scored 6 or 7 and the McT injury.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back